My proposal for a study on parents of removed kids

What do the numbers really say?

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Lysander

My proposal for a study on parents of removed kids

Postby Lysander » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:29 pm

I think it might be interesting and useful to conduct a study that would, after parents' kids get taken away by CPS, follow up with those parents, say, 10 years down the line and see how their other kids, who weren't taken away, are doing. Are they doing well, or have they been subjected to abuse or neglect?

If they're doing well, then it could be that the parents improved after the removal of their earlier kids, but it also could be that they were good parents all along and the removals weren't warranted.

LindaJM

Re: My proposal for a study on parents of removed kids

Postby LindaJM » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:07 pm

Even if the parents had been abusive during those ten years, they would not admit it. So I think it would be hard to get accurate information by contacting parents. What might work is to talk to the children after they turn 18.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Statistics”