NLP - Dominance/Submission games

Share information here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Marina

NLP - Dominance/Submission games

Postby Marina » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:19 pm

Social Work is a Dominance / Submission mind game.

Neurolinguistic Programming, which has been associated with social work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuro-ling ... rogramming

This is basically a method of driving normal people insane.

This is accomplished by the "programmer" acting retarded over a long period of time.

The parents have to act as caretakers for the "programmer" because the programmer cannot communicate in any kind of civilized manner, but continues to act retarded over a long period of time. After a while, this creates a burnout for the parents.

I have known 2 people who have studied this. They were both single, with no children. They both acted the same. They had too much time and money, so took these moronic courses to try and learn social skills. They were mailed boxes and boxes full of these magazines.

They both imagined themselves to be superior, not having a clue that they were acting retarded.

I finally reacted to the lady one time, and she was thrilled. She said, now why haven't you reacted before.

I said, "For the same reason I don't normally ridicule a retarded person."

She said, "Oh, you are calling me retarded?"

You see, it is all a mind game with them. They get a power trip from it. Each success feeds into the next power trip.

When parents finally realize what kind of mind game caseworkers are playing, it is usually too late.

Under the section, Concepts and Models:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuro-ling ... n_Erickson

As a result, they claimed that there were only three behaviour patterns underlying successful communication in therapy, business and sales:

to know what outcome you want,

to be flexible in your behaviour,

and to generate different kinds of behaviour to find out what response you get, and to have enough sensory experience to notice when you get the responses that you want.

Here is the Milton Model:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_model

The patterns of the Milton Model can be used to

pace another person's reality to gain rapport.

access unconscious resources of another person to gather information or to lead them into an altered state.

distract the conscious mind.

Erickson maintained that it was not possible to consciously instruct the unconscious mind, and that authoritarian suggestions were likely to be met with resistance. The unconscious mind responds to openings, opportunities, metaphors and contradictions.

Effective hypnotic suggestion, then, should be 'artfully vague', leaving space for the subject to fill in the gaps with their own unconscious understandings - even if they do not consciously grasp what is happening.

The Milton model is purposely vague and metaphoric and is used to soften the meta model and make indirect suggestions.

Return to “Psychiatry & Medications”