NEED ADVICE ON VERY BIAS GUARDIAN AD LITEM

Any suggestions for the site or for new message board forums should go here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

BASED ON THE STATEMENTS Should GAL BE REMOVED FROM THIS CASE

1.YES absolutely
No votes
2.No not a chance
No votes
3.Need more information
100%

Total votes: 2

Hwilliams2813

NEED ADVICE ON VERY BIAS GUARDIAN AD LITEM

Postby Hwilliams2813 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:43 pm

HI EVERYONE IM HOPING SOMEONE MIGHT HAVE SOME HELPFUL ADVICE...
THE GAL that is on our case came into it :?
8mo into the case. Never at anytime has she interviewed myself or my husband. She yells at me calls me liar and curses even in the court room. She has told me at one point reunification isnt possible. The judge thankfully disagreed. She harrassed my last place of employment to the point i was embarrassed to return. She calls at 9pm telling me to go take a screen by 430 the next day instead of calling during normal hours so i could get it verified by my job. Shes basically impossible to talk to. The fact that my mom who was set to sign guardianship papers on the 28th of Nov mainly to get the court 100% out of lives. Well she passed away on the 3rd of November and within 4hours of her passing they were knocking at the door telling me I had to leave. They placed the kids with my aunt who ia working very closely with the GAL and have pretty much eliminated us the kids lives they cant txt, email, facebook, calls have to be speaker non of which was the case when my mom was here. The whole thing has taken a million steps back. I could go on and on. Dfacs closed their case in October now its just the GAL and the courts. Can anyone offer advice please.

KDus

Re: NEED ADVICE ON VERY BIAS GUARDIAN AD LITEM

Postby KDus » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:19 am

First, count the positive things: Your kids are with a relative. You still have some contact. The DCFS case is closed. You maintained parental rights?
"now its just the GAL and the courts." <----celebrate that.

Now, it is a custody case. You can look into the benefits of changing the venue. Maybe it would help to change counties. Maybe that would force a change of GAL. You may not have leverage to move the case but it might be worth investigating.

Because you haven't said what their real problem is, with you, I can't suggest much else. It sounds like the GAL believes something about you that could be dangerous. What makes you think a different GAL wouldn't believe the same thing?
You must either prove that thing isn't true or that it isn't a problem. Yes, you have to prove you are innocent, and/or good enough to raise your own kids. (That's what the people voted for)

Hwilliams2813

Postby Hwilliams2813 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi and thank you for the advice. This whole thing has been nothing but pure chaos since it stared. I'll elaborate a bit about myself. First im no saint ive made mistakes and im one who will admit when im wrong. This all started over my mom and i had an argument and she looked at and said YOU WILL PAY DEARLY FOR THIS I PROMISE...those were the last words I spoke to her before she took it upon herself to move my kids out of my house while they were at their grandparents house.
I was outta town when i returned. I Found an empty house and no one would answer the phone. Everyone said just give her a couple of days shell get over it and come home. That didnt happen she immediately falsely aquired the oldest children's ssi benifits and then Here comes the allegations over the top allegations. She lied to me from November 15 til Feb 16 about there being a dfacs case open there was not until Feb 15th 2016. From that point ive been trying to tell my side of the and everyone already has their opinion on what happened. Which was all false allegations. My oldest daughter knows the whole truth and she is willing to forward with the truth as well.
I have no prior criminal history no drug charges. And never once have i ever had dfacs involved. My mom even admitted she took it way too far. But was to scared to come clean. The GAL was late to become part of the case 8mo into it to exact never once has she sat down to interview me and hear my side. She has taken what shes heard and read to make up her own opinion of me as a person. And no intentions on changing that. To me isnt that considered confict of interest. Ive even reached out to her asking what is it going to take forit us to get right with eqch other. For the kids and she has stated i already made my choices. And j failed miserably. Please ask away ill answer any questions you have esp. If it will benift or offer a chance to obtain information.

KDus

Postby KDus » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:15 am

It is still a little unclear but: if there is no DCFS-CPS whatever...case open, then this is a custody case in the version of family court at your county.

If the GAL isn't going to communicate, then stop wasting your time. That is what court is for. Convince a judge. Or, force the GAl to talk by way of the court. Again, I'm no attorney but it seems like a GAL could get in trouble for failing to work with a parent. The best interest of the kids is paramount and living with a parent is generally the ideal. So, maybe that can force a change. Furthermore, it sounds like a due process violation if you weren't involved at every step of the GAL appointment.

The GAL can have an opinion and that isn't a conflict of interest. However, it seems reasonable to demand that your testimony be considered, by, the , judge.
If you have parental rights, at all, you should be a party to the case. That means you can inspect the file, and make your own filings. You are not powerless. You don't need the GAL to be on your side or to make things change. Obviously, it would be helpful...
There is probably a self help center at the court.
You can make motions, enter a declaration, notify the parties of your frustration, or what ever strategy will help the kids. I am not qualified to suggest what that is because I'm not an attorney and this isn't legal advice.
However, I was the first parent in any of the court clerks' memories to file my own papers.(CPS case) It took a few tries to get formatting and language correct but it worked. I got some leniency because I'm not a professional. In the court environment, all parties get to be heard.

Return to “Suggestions”