How do you not become paranoid?

Connecting with a power capable of victory even when masses of government workers and other assorted systemites are against you.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

cgbr

How do you not become paranoid?

Postby cgbr » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:06 am

How do you not become paranoid? The nightmares haven't stopped despite the case being closed. I'm going to be calling my counselor on Monday...I haven't seen her in two months because of the case that we had, and I know I need to let her know what happened and keep in touch with her regularly just in case.

I feel like I'll never be able to fully relax with my kids ever again, like I can't have a bad day or be behind on the laundry or anything - and that's making it so that my kids aren't getting as much attention from me as they are used to because I'm paranoid about the house being clean AT ALL TIMES just in case someone says something again.

I just spent a week not being able to do much walking or anything because I injured my foot so now I'm behind on housework and laundry. I didn't even go to church this morning because I'm trying to get caught up on it all. :-(

After 5 years of constant problems, I'm a freaking wreck. I don't laugh anymore, I look 10 years older than I am (just 30 but I look so much older) because of the stress...

lynn5067

Postby lynn5067 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:17 pm

i dont think it will ever stop or it will only when all of your kids are 18 but when they have kids you will have the fear for them

if your counselor is not involved with cps then i would talk to her and see if she has any suggestions on something you can focus on other than being paranoid

its not fair to the kids but its something everyone who has had to deal with cps will always have we just have to find a way to not let it control us

i dont think anything i said helped, but im still going through my case and i know i will be paranoid the rest of my life for it
fighting for my family

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:11 pm

The founding Fathers definately wanted
us to be suspicious of our own government.
That is putting it mildly.

Marina

Postby Marina » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:34 am

http://www.bullyonline.org/stress/ptsd.htm

Symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, PTSD symptoms, survivor guilt and trauma caused by bullying, harassment, abuse and abusive life experiences
What is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?
How do I recognise the symptoms of PTSD? How do I recover from PTSD?

miasmom1028

Postby miasmom1028 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:06 pm

My physo eval stated that I was paranoid and I have complusive. I just thought well duh! I'm in fear that I have a crumb on my kitchen table they are going to grab my kid again. Makes me want to move to Mexico. Every parent is going to worry about it until something is done in the government. And there is something that needs to be done. I mean 87% of kids in the system shouldn't been in the system to begin with? Someone is doing their job wrong....or TOO well... humm.

kelz03103

I have it

Postby kelz03103 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:36 pm

Paranoia icant spell it , but I have it , i have been harrassed for 6 years , they kept coming by to asses things and check out "allegations" i dont care what word they use its accusations , I fought like a pit bull and proved myself innocent TEN times, and I remember saying how many times is it gonna take for them to get it? I might not be so great but for God sake I'm not the worst either. I had a theory if they came over snooping and prying 6 times 8,,, 9,, 10,, eventually they would find something, catch me on a bad day ect, and they did. keep rolling the dice eventually you'll get something, so one day they came and said the usual , we need to asses the safety of your kids, I refused , repeatedly, turns out , later i discover they were looking for drugs, this particular time, and agin they did not find what they were really looking for, wasn't the safety of my kids , I know that, so they nailed me for a dirty house instead. which by the way I disagree with. I have to pretend i was wrong and agree to their suggestions and pretend they are right, when in fact i believe that my dirty laundy does NOT pose an IMENENT danger, or an immediate danger , or threaten their lives , or cause serious health problems. Of course i am not going to tell them I think they are full of chit. my kids have never ever been ill. common cold once a year maybe. they have had MINOR injuries , like all kids , and I'm pretty sure my laundry and dishes didn't cause those. tey have phobias listed as real medical conditions like arachnophobia(fear of spiders) claustrophobia(fear of small spaces) ect.. we all have a real fear called cpsophobia.my thoughts are still if they could do it once they could do it again, and I notice how many people I know who have been "investigated"it's a lot. i see commercials a lot if you don't like the law change it, the child protection act needs to be changed , the government funds need to be stopped , but what law can we work on passing state by state to control cps, cut their power. lets not forget reporters only need a "suspicion" to call. my God doesnt everyone see that ANYthing could be suspicious? and reporters do not understand that if they call in a suspicion of say a kid with bruises being beat on, they figure well if the kid is not being beaten the nice cps folks will go away , they dont realize , when they come if they cant get the parent on beating , they will nail them for something completely un- related. OR the parent has a totally reasonable excuse why the child has those bruises , and they insist it is something else. We have concidered moving into a new place , because it would be clean and new, or moving to another state or even out of the country. then I think, if my house is acceptable now ,, and we dont let it slip from the last time they said so, we should be fine right here. I think it is real hard to have all of us living up to someone elses standards. for me i took some drastic measures , i threw away all of our clothes , nothing to pile up. i kept enough outfits for say school, and a few play things. everything else poof. we can afford closets full,but too much laundry, i did the same thing with bedding, we all have 2 sets , thats it.same thing with dishes , gone , no extras , so if you need a drink , better wash a glass. i have everyone in the house helping, which is a plus , because before it was all me. so the dishes and laundry are under control, i wash the bathroom, kitchen , dust, mop and vacume every day , thats it . the kids do chores , make their beds ect. i will not kill myself , i will not have a heart attack from stress. we use the dishes at dinner only, we use paper plates otherwise,:) these people do not work on sat, so i take sat completely off , for me , bath , hair, nails , hang out in the park with the kids , movies , wutever , sometimes i will pick up on sunday in case of an early morning visit on a monday, but usually not. i work mon- friday , just like they do. take ONE day you are pretty sure they are not coming ,for yourself , i say sat , because on sunday you will want to catch up. i could go on all day , but i have a saying sometimes I remember it . they will NOT break me , they will NOT win, I will NOT yield. when u get depressed and your crying in your damn never ending laundry , say it! I hope anything I have babbled on about helps ~Kelz~

canukmom

Postby canukmom » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:32 am

As a former foster parent, I'm disgusted by the actions of CPS. They prey on those with no support system, and drive them into such a deep depression that they either give up and walk away, or they actually start to believe that their children just might be *better off*. :(

I know of 2 cases local to me that are both heartbreaking and maddening. We had 2 boys for almost a year, and we LOVED their mom and helped her in any way we can - both by "happening" to run into her at the park/store/fair so she could spend extra time with the boys, as well as helping her out by giving her advice as to HOW to fight these monsters. The boys went to their grandparents with the promise that it's always better to be with family, and would soon be reunited with their mom - this was the story given to both our family and their mother. Once the grandparents got the boys, mom's visits were cut back (too traumatic - BS!), and the grandparents fought WITH CPS to TPR mom and keep the boys. There were many times she cried on my shoulder after CPS screwed her yet again. She never did get her boys back, and now only sees them 2x a month overnight. They got TPR a few weeks ago, and that was the day we quit.

On the other side of the fence, there are foster parents who drive me up the wall, and CPS allows them to neglect these children far more than the parents they were removed from. :evil: There is a foster parent locally who has (KNOWN to CPS) left an infant foster child in a running vehicle while she went into the store. She has also left her foster children in her vehicle AT the CPS parking lot while taking another child in for visitation. But, CPS just says Oh, gee, someone should talk to her and let her know that's probably not a good idea. Ya think?!?!?! Had it been a bio parent, those children would have been ripped out of that home in a flash! The double standard is amazing. :roll:

Sorry about the rant here, I just found this site, and I hope that, from 6 years on *the other side*, I can give insight and assistance to those who need it, in order to get the children who should be home, HOME!

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:09 am

Canukmom?

Canadian?

My family has strong ties to Quebec.

Often the reason why foster parents are not taken to task for abusive actions is because in some instances there are no statutes to cover their actions. Yep, true story. In some states only the parents can be investigated.

Good for you for standing tall and doing what is right.

canukmom

Postby canukmom » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:24 am

Hi MaggieC - I am Canadian. I'm from the East Coast though. I'm a fun mix - my mom is from Newfoundland and my dad is from Quebec! lol A French Newfie - whoda thunk it, huh? ;)

Thanks for the welcome.

Return to “Have Faith and Be Strong”