Is anyone else had this problem?

Connecting with a power capable of victory even when masses of government workers and other assorted systemites are against you.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

miasmom1028

Is anyone else had this problem?

Postby miasmom1028 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:28 am

Okay I'm waiting for this ICPC to go through with my daughter's father. Frist of all he didn't want anything to do with her until just recently (3 years no contact, no care). And now when this ICPC goes through he can have a say if she goes with him. BTW I live in Florida and he lived in Illinois. So, basically she is going with strangers. A couple years back her step mother treatened her life. I filed a police report. I have the documents that she said that he wanted my child to die. But it seems like the court doesn't care. Her step mother is going to be the primary care taker. Is there any advice to insure he doesn't get her?

Marina

Postby Marina » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:13 pm

What does the existing court order on custody say? Child Welfare is not supposed to go against an existing court order on parental custody and visitation?

This happened in the case of Ariana Payne in Arizona who died in the care of an unsuitable father, against court-ordered custody, but the police and social workers wouldn't let the Mom get the girl back.

http://www.azstarnet.com/dailystar/203126

In your situation, DO NOT ALLOW CHILD WELFARE TO PLACE YOUR CHILD WITH AN UNSUITABLE RELATIVE WITHOUT A COURT ORDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will claim you did it voluntarily and WILL NOT take responsibility for anything that happens to the child while in the relative's care.

If it is court-ordered, make sure there is a deadline for services provided by Child Welfare agency.

Here are the state laws.
http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/ ... ies/state/

Try to find another relative to petition the court for temporary guardianship.

This is horrible! If your child is placed with the abusive father, immediately file a police report on risk of abuse in the locality where the child is.

miasmom1028

Postby miasmom1028 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:42 am

oh if he gets her....I'm calling DCF hotline every day until she is back here. They think i'm a bitch now?!? Wait and see I will be throwing a bitch fit if they take her. However, I have some ace's up my sleave. I know they would want proof except my word. A few years back his wife called and threatened to kill me and my daughter and on myspace made remarks about it mulitable times.

miasmom1028

Postby miasmom1028 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:43 pm

okay so last Wednesday we had court and now my daughter is in Illinois with her dad. After court I went to the police station to file a risk of abuse report and they wouldn't talk to me. How can I get some kind of police record just in case?
Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come Mark 13.33

Marina

Postby Marina » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:06 am

If you start something in another state, your child may end up in foster care and you may never see her again.

You need to think through what all the possibilities are before you do this.

Do you have phone or email contact with her?

miasmom1028

Postby miasmom1028 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:26 pm

I was going to file it in my state (florida) but they wouldn't talk to me. Anyway, I call my daughter everyday and I'm sending her a video mail and i'm making a scrap book for her. I told my case worker that I"m going to move to illinois to be with my daughter. I'm going to be staying with my father.
Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come Mark 13.33

Return to “Have Faith and Be Strong”