Psych Eval Time

Connecting with a power capable of victory even when masses of government workers and other assorted systemites are against you.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

shayandmadi'smom

Psych Eval Time

Postby shayandmadi'smom » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:34 am

I just first and foremost want to say sorry to every person who has had their lives ripped apart by CPS! The children are the ones who most suffer! We live in the land of the free but yet all our rights are violated. I am sickened by this system. They do more harm to the kids then anyone.

Can anyone give me advice or foreworn me about the psych evals? If you"pass" does this really go in your favor? My social worker HATES me and my husband and does as little as possible unless the judge makes her which of course the judge doesn't always help us either--he says things like I would suggest the dept do this blah blah. Which means unless he orders them to help us they don't have to do anything. I appreciate any comments on this. Thanks for your help.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:13 am

These evaluations are nothing to really worry about. Most of the time I think that they are just a time killer.

The right Dr. that is qualified to do these test, usually will not recommend anything bad. Like our last Dr. we went to, he said in 39 years of practice he has only said 3 people were a threat when it come to there children.

Good Luck between my husband and I we have had 8. Mainly due to the fact that they don't like the fact that we are normal.
Parents spend so much time teaching our kids not to go with strangers or talk to strangers, and no to show your body to strangers. And this is what CPS-DHS is all about.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:42 am

That matches my experience with the evaluation too. These are a way for the county to channel federal social security money into the bank accounts of local psychologists. Their chosen psychologists are often friends or family members of CPS employees. The money enriches the local economy. Judges will order these more than once per person because the cost is reimbursed by the social security fund and there's no cost to the county - it is all a benefit to them. So don't expect that the psychologist is evilly looking for ways to condemn you. That would be unlikely. They're just in it for the money.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

HappyMommyx4

Postby HappyMommyx4 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:28 am

Neither of us have had one ordered, it hasn't even been mentioned. I have been told horror stories about how even if the report doesn't say you're a threat to the child they will pick it apart and twist words as much as possible. Good luck with it!

stillprayingforhelp

Postby stillprayingforhelp » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:34 pm

I have heard so many bad things about these psych evals, It's kind of scary. At my last hearing my daughters guardian at light em requested that both my husband and I have them. Of course the judge went along with the plan and ordered us to have them. So I then interrupted the judge to ask him where he got the nerve to order us to get these evals. I told him he couldn't legally order us to have them, and that it's unconstitutional. So I said no I won't have one and you have no right to make us. He then replied by saying - No I can't make you get one, but if you don't you will never get your daughter back.
This is insane, what is wrong with this country. We are losing our rights to our government and most of the population doesn't seem to care.

Mema

Postby Mema » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:09 pm

We were told we cannot get a copy of the psych eval anyone know if thats true or just more smoke? The lawyer said not without a court order ? I think thats crazy you can have it done But not know what it says dont make sense

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:58 pm

Whose psych eval? Your daughter's? The children?

I believe this falls under Mental Health Law in NY state and that your lawyer may be correct in this in that some sort of order is necessary.

LanceBabe

Postby LanceBabe » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:43 pm

My daughter was given a copy of her eval.

stillprayingforhelp

Postby stillprayingforhelp » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:07 pm

When my daughter had her psych eval, we were also told we weren't aloud to get a copy of her evaluation or even see it for that matter. Though our lawyers got a copy and were aloud to tell us what was in it. This doesn't make any kind of sense to me. What is the point of that? We can tell you what it says, but we can't show you! Parents should have total access to their kids medical records including mental and these psych evaluations!

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:04 am

If your attorney is private pay you can get it from them, or if you pay for it yourself and hand it to you caseworker but not without a quick stop off at kinko's. But you attorney will have a copy, just ask them for a copy.
Parents spend so much time teaching our kids not to go with strangers or talk to strangers, and no to show your body to strangers. And this is what CPS-DHS is all about.

rakhel

Re:

Postby rakhel » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:26 pm

MaggieC wrote:Whose psych eval? Your daughter's? The children?

I believe this falls under Mental Health Law in NY state and that your lawyer may be correct in this in that some sort of order is necessary.

We got had our pysch eval and the doctor was more than happy to proved us with a copy. As long as we told them it was for legal purposes and we live in NY.
It might depend on the doctor.
I did not give birth to my children just so someone else could raise them!!!

Marina

Re: Psych Eval Time

Postby Marina » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:38 pm

Consider having the lawyer do a "discovery" request for the actual test and answers of the psychological evaluation, apart from the counselor's interpretation. The interpretation has to fall into one of the Medicaid categories - see 'psychological evaluation' on wiki - in order to get paid for it.

Do a court motion for 'discovery' on the type of test it is, whether it is for forensic, clinical, etc.

The psychological evaluation has the same problem as the issue of 'living conditions." There are no standards. What is the standard for mental health or behaviorial health? Where is it written down that there is a right and wrong way to think and feel, or a right and wrong way to behave - other than laws?

A judge has armed guards and metal detectors - does that make a judge paranoid? What is he afraid of?

A judge may not look you in the eye - does he have 'failure to thrive syndrome?'

Schools and daycare centers have come up with something new called 'social and emotional competence.' There are bills before congress to fund pilot programs for this, probably backed by drug companies that sell meds for crazy people. Staff training has been implemented under the auspices of social services, for classes in 'emotional and social competence.' What are the standards?

This stuff involves emotional awareness and management, and social awareness and management. So if a bully isn't aware that beating little Suzie up has hurt her feelings, then he has no emotional awareness? And if he does't say he is sorry, then he has no social management?

Ask yourself - Is the evaluator aware of your true emotions? Does this person tell you to express your emotions, then tell you that you can't manage your emotions? Does the counselor have any emotions? Does the counselor manage his emotions? etc.

Does this person have any kind of social awareness? Are they aware of how the system terrorizes parents and children? Do social workers have any kind of social management or competence?

Look up this stuff on the internet. Another term is social and emotional intelligence. There is no concensus that such a thing exists, so how can a psychological evaluation evaluate anything?

In math, we have measurements and calculations.
But first you have to have a unit of measure. You can't use a bucket to measure weight. You can't use a thermometer to measure distance.

Second you have to have a pattern of measurements before you can develop a formula to calculate. You can't measure speed unless you know the formula that speed is related to time and distance, for example miles per hour.

And third, if the calculations don't match the measurements, then the formula is wrong. Copernicus observed that the planets didn't move according to the formula of his day, so he measured again and got a new formula relating to non-circular motion.

Where is the Standard of Measure for a psychological evaluation?
What is the formula for achieving mental or behaviorial health?
How do you calculate progress in reaching mental or behaviorial health? Pharmaceutical profits?

Return to “Have Faith and Be Strong”