Keeper of Records

Post and discuss legal documents of all kinds here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:24 pm

Keeper of Records

Postby wmcbryar90 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:55 am

My case is in GA and I have a great request for case files typed out the only problem is I have no idea who to file it to. I know if they have appointed a keeper of records they are the person I need to send it to but I have no way of finding who that would be, any suggestions?

User avatar
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:02 am
Location: TX

Re: Keeper of Records

Postby family_man » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:52 am

Call your local CPS office or case manager to find out where to send your request. Be persistent. Don't give up until you get the answers your deserve.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Keeper of Records

Postby kiddydat » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:05 am

Elsewhere on the site it was said to contact the County Commissioners' Office. This way CPS cannot interfere.

User avatar
Posts: 3171
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:16 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Keeper of Records

Postby LindaJM » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:20 pm

If you can establish a good relationship with your county commissioner (in some states called county "Board of Supervisors") that person could be an excellent resource in dealing with CPS problems. The Commissioner/Supervisor job is an elected position so they are motivated to create relationships with their constituents so they'll get good word-of-mouth PR before the next election.

County Commissioners (Board of Supervisors) are responsible for everything that the government does within their counties. CPS included. If you sue CPS it will essentially be a lawsuit against their county and they sure don't want that. :roll: :lol: 8)
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Legal Documents”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest