Affidavit Forms, General and Notarized

Post and discuss legal documents of all kinds here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

rockdundee

Affidavit Forms, General and Notarized

Postby rockdundee » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:42 am

Copy/paste this stuff to a word processing program and insert relevant info.

Instructions & Checklist
General Affidavit

[_] This package includes (1) Instructions and Checklist; (2) General Affidavit under Oath; (3) General Affidavit before Notary

[_] There are two forms in this package: (1) One is a “General Affidavit under Oath” where the Declarant (the person making the declaration who signs the Affidavit) states certain facts under oath or affirmation; (2) The second form is a “General Affidavit before Notary” where the Declarant declares certain facts to be true after taking an oath before a Notary.

[_] Although two forms have been provided, only one of the two forms needs to be used. It is up to the Declarant (i.e. the person signing the affidavit and making the declaration) to decide which form is appropriate and which form to use.

[_] The “General Affidavit before Notary” should be signed before a Notary and requires that the Notary give the Declarant an oath.

[_] These forms are not intended and are not a substitute for legal advice. These forms should only be a starting point for you and should not be used without consulting with an attorney first.

[_] The purchase and use of these forms is subject to the Disclaimers and Terms of Use found at findlegalforms.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Affidavit under Oath

I, _____________________________________________ (“Declarant”), am a resident of _________________________________, County of ______________________, State of _________________________________, and do hereby certify, swear or affirm, and declare that I am competent to give the following declaration based on my personal knowledge, unless otherwise stated, and that the following facts and things are true and correct to the best of my knowledge (insert facts):

WITNESS my signature this _________ day of ____________ (year and month).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL AFFIDAVIT
BEFORE NOTARY

STATE OF __________________________ )
)
COUNTY OF ________________________ )

Before the undersigned, an officer duly commissioned by the laws of the State of ________________________, on this _____ day of _____________, 20___, personally appeared the Declarant __________________________________________ who having been first duly sworn or having duly affirmed to tell the truth depose and says:

That Declarant is competent under the law to give this affidavit and unless stated has personal knowledge of the facts stated herein.

Sworn and subscribed before me this _________ day of ____________ (year and month).

My commission expires:

Return to “Legal Documents”