motion to intervene

Post and discuss legal documents of all kinds here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

coolncrazy714

motion to intervene

Postby coolncrazy714 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:38 am

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:42 am Post subject: motion to intervene

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 2 year old grandson was taken from his mother by CPS. The case worker filed a petition and got a court order. The department has legal custody and paternal grandparents has temporary physical custody. What I am wanting to do is either amend the petition and have visitations in my home where he can see his 5 year old sister whom we have custody of or file a motion to intervene or somehow to be a third party in the case. I just dont know where to look or what options I have if any as his maternal grandmother. I can not afford an attorney. I live in Parkersburg WV.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Sun May 07, 2006 7:36 pm

Have you spoke to the caseworker about it yet?

It would seem to me to be "in the best interest of the child" to have visits with his sister and grandmother and would be hard for them to refuse since you have custody of the 5 year old
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

AuntBee

Motion to Intervene

Postby AuntBee » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:46 pm

I recently filed a motion to intervene with the courts here in Colorado to get information about the case involving my grand-neice & grand-nephew. I'm sure it's similar in most states, but if you still need a copy, email me and I will send the one I completed.

[email protected]
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

coolncrazy714

motion to intervene

Postby coolncrazy714 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:29 am

I have spoken to the caseworker many times but she refuses. I figured if I could get something in court, we could maybe let the judge decide. I wanted custody of my grandson but the cw thought the paternal grandparents would be better for him even though we told her that the grandmother wanted him from the beginning and that she is the one that made all the referrals and is also against reunification.

Return to “Legal Documents”