Freedom of Information Act MY ASS!

Post and discuss legal documents of all kinds here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Enchanted*Forester

Freedom of Information Act MY ASS!

Postby Enchanted*Forester » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:56 pm

I used the document generator to request mine, my husbands and my son's file from DHS. I spoke with the head guy who said it would be fine. I was able to go in and read all of the file and told them that I would like copies of ALL papers contained in them. They said they'd do it at no charge. THEN, I get a letter in the mail with this written on it, and I quote:"Please be advised that your request is denied. Under MCL 15.243, section 13(1)(d) of the FOIA, a public body may exempt from disclosure as a public record under this act: Records or information specifically described and exempted from disclosure by statute.

My biggest question is do I call them and ask if they're still making copies for me and that the letter was just a formality? Why do they get exempt from having to provide MY records? I'm not asking for who turned us in (I already know that.) I just want to have all infomation available to me so I have something substantial to take with me when I sue their sorry asses! Any suggestions?
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away...

Return to “Legal Documents”