Foster Children Used as Medical Guinea Pigs

A place to post and discuss news.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

gideonmacleish

Foster Children Used as Medical Guinea Pigs

Postby gideonmacleish » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:24 am

I know many of you are aware of this story, but for those who aren't, I will link it:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7736157/

This story tells about the government's use of foster children to test AIDS drugs. As with any government story, I use the standard line "when the government finally DOES tell you the truth, it only makes you wonder more about what they're NOT telling you".

I grew up in "foster farms". Most other foster children in my placements were on some sort of regular medication or another. I cannot help but wonder how many of them were used as medical "guinea pigs" by a system that had deemed their life to be worthless.

The fight against CPS is not just a fight to protect parents who are innocent and return their children to the homes of those parents who dearly love them; it is also a fight for the rights of those children who are in foster care for the RIGHT reasons; to end the years of abuse by an uncaring bureaucracy that have led many of them to a life of crime, suicide, sexual promiscuity or drugs. And to do that, we need to expose stories such as this one as well.

wtalbot

Postby wtalbot » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:43 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! :o :evil: That is just SOOOOOOOOOO wrong in SOOOOOOOOOOO many ways! We REALLY need to buckle down and FIGHT to protect these poor children AND their parents!

Wanita
There is no greater injustice in the world today than keeping a child from his loving family.

Return to “In the News”