8 caged children

A place to post and discuss news.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Momoffor

8 caged children

Postby Momoffor » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:58 am

These were adopted and foster children ..its sickening.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/12/caged. ... index.html

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:08 am

Mom: you beat me to it LOL :lol:

I saw that on the News and it is very very sickening especially when CPS said they are the best Foster Care system there is and insist they are "safe".

Oh really? :shock:

Blue: read this and tell me if the abused children should be re-abused again in the Foster Care system, that is what I am talking about. It is unfair treatment. Time that they clean up the mess.

Imagine your children in there? appalling!

Rainsong

Postby Rainsong » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:14 am

Unfortunatly the count is up to ELEVEN children.
If you happen to message me via messanger, please let me know you are from this board. That way I wont insta block for not knowing you. Thank you. ~Rainy~

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:32 pm

ppfftt I just found that as well. There were 11 children in the home, 8 of which were found in cages.

Here is another report

http://ap.whiznews.com/dynamic/stories/ ... CTION=HOME

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:02 pm

This is very embarrassing when it comes to CPS ensuring their safety but failed. Bad blow to Foster Care System. That is what I keep telling People how bad the System is. But no one want to listen. They still think it is the best. :?

mrsmac

Postby mrsmac » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:29 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050913/ap_ ... NlYwN0bWE-

One was an HIV baby that brought in more money and there seems to have been no supervision, the children were from all over.
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. Galations 6:2

inamess

Postby inamess » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:41 pm

Erich Dumbeck, director of the Huron County Department of Job and Family Services:

"We're still trying to figure out what happened in that home. We don't have any indication at this point that there was any abuse," Dumbeck said.

Un-freaking-believable!

Would this Director of Family Services say the same if you or I were locking our kids in cages at night and a caseworker reported this information? I think not!

[/b]

Rainsong

Postby Rainsong » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:03 pm

WAKEMAN, Ohio - The 11 children removed from a house where authorities say some of them slept in homemade cages are polite, well-behaved, well-dressed and appear to have been well-fed, neighbors and authorities said Tuesday

this is the header paragraph of that story. I think where they get the idea that they dont see any indication of abuse is because the kids are

"Polite well behaved well dressed and appear to have been well-fed"

Well heck whats wrong with yall they arent scruffy mal nourished rag tags. They were well taken care of.(extreme sarcasm)

*Snorts rudely* Yeah right you dont keep kids in cages. If you dont have room for that many then dont adopt/foster/breed that many.

Oh yeah I want the name of that psychiatrist that recommended the kids sleep in cages.
If you happen to message me via messanger, please let me know you are from this board. That way I wont insta block for not knowing you. Thank you. ~Rainy~

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:13 pm

OK!

I get it....so Dumbell is doing "damage control" and trying to put a "lid on it" because:

1. these are Foster Kids they are talking about, they are from their own Agency

2. It is a blow to the Agency

3. It is too embarrassing....

IF it was Normal Kids from the Population, put in cages, they would have been charged with Abuse and Neglect.

But this Foster Parents AREN'T going to be subjected to any charges????

Is it because it is money involved? :shock:

OR is it because the Pschychologist backed up these Foster Parents, and this Paper of suggestion to put them in cages is Okay because of their behavior problems? So It is a protection thing for this Parent?

If it was the rest of us, we would say good bye to these Kids, and be charge for Abuse and Neglect

but these Foster Parents can get away with it?

Just because??????

it is "Foster" word, right? It is from the same Agency so they are doing "damage control" so it is like Abuse is OKAY for them, but NOT OKAY for us.....

WRONG MESSAGE TO SEND TO SOCIETY!!!!!! :x

Rainsong

Postby Rainsong » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:37 pm

Jeeze you know I sat and thought about this.

They ahve polite well behaved kids they put in CAGES!

I have a wild out of control five year old with a butcher knife threatening to kill me his sister and my S/O. He gets his feet hand- cuffed together while we sat one on each side of him monitoring him.

I cuff his feet together after a psychotic episode to restrain him while I call his shrink. Again with him right next to me my eyes on him at all times.

and they call ME the bad parent???

mouse50595

Postby mouse50595 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:16 pm

*silently wonders if we can use this in court against them*
they like to do everything they can to use whatever they can find in court against us, why cant we do it back to them?? i would like to find cases in iowa that are like this...i had found on in omaha that a school teacher had such a horride home they even showed pictures of the inside...it wasnt fit for fish to live in, but she still has the child just because she is a school teacher...

rainsong, i just saw that they are evacuating some counties...i hope that you arent in them, if so, please get out of there, i dont want you to get hurt...my aunt lives in north carolina on the coast and i think she is coming back to iowa to visit until the hurricane is over...i sure hope that it isnt going to be another hurricane like katrina...

well i better go, i got dishes that are calling my name...take care everyone, melissa
In my daughter's eyes, I am a hero,I am strong and wise and I know no fear but the truth is plain to see, she was sent to rescue me, I see who I want to be, in my daughter's eyes.
Martina Mc Bride

Chaco

Postby Chaco » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:54 pm

You want to hear a good one? On our local news they have two
different stories. One says the children were foster care kids and
the other said they WERE NOT foster kids! The news had some
guy talking, apparently from CPS and he was saying it WASN'T the
department's fault because they had no idea this family had
adopted so many kids. He went on to say that once a child is
adopted, the case is closed and NOBODY has access to the records.
Which, in his words, meant there was NO WAY TO STOP FUTURE ADOPTIONS.
In other words, people could adopt 100 children and NOBODY
would be the wiser

PAH-LEEEEEASE!

Their excuse is that the family was homeschooling and they didn't come out much.
They weren't very "social" and didn't really have any friends even though
they lived in that house for 10 years! I would LOVE TO KNOW how someone
ADOPTS 11 children without REFERENCES!!!!

I smell some big fat cover up lies starting to brew!

Oh yeah, and let's not forget the "parents" STILL don't understand how a 3 foot
by 3 foot CAGE with NO BEDDING can be child abuse!
They are completely confused! :roll:

What hog wash!

Chaco
My thought for the day.........
CPS workers are like Slinkies

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

mrsmac

Postby mrsmac » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:43 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050914/ap_ ... hildren_21

Screening said to be lax with disabled adoptions. Now whatever made them come to that conclusion????

This is totally irresponsible. I was adopted as an infant back in the 1950's. Ive worked with disabled children. This is just heartbreaking. They keep excusing the social workers and foster parents. Those poor babies.
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. Galations 6:2

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:50 pm

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/ap/090 ... ained.html

In 2001, she claimed in court documents that her husband was a danger to the children. CPS was still placing children with her after that obviously because the youngest was 1.

But look at how much they got each month for these kids. Almost 5 grand a month.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:28 pm

And this Case is now Forgotten....shelved.

sad to know that CPS has gotten this under control. :(

Return to “In the News”