The comment by the officer really caught my eye.

A place to post and discuss news.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

ejaffe

The comment by the officer really caught my eye.

Postby ejaffe » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:36 am

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=4369178

Officer Avery Johnson, Walker Police, responded, "We will let them present whatever evidence that they can prove to show that this was a household accident. Yet, from what we have seen and from what we understand, we are going to let the doctors speak on our behalf on that case."

Present evidence to PROVE her innocence.

Dan Sullivan

Re: The comment by the officer really caught my eye.

Postby Dan Sullivan » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:06 am

ejaffe wrote:http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=4369178

Officer Avery Johnson, Walker Police, responded, "We will let them present whatever evidence that they can prove to show that this was a household accident. Yet, from what we have seen and from what we understand, we are going to let the doctors speak on our behalf on that case."

Present evidence to PROVE her innocence.

How high was the stool the boy was standing on while brushing his teeth?

Did this happen at a time the boy usually brushed his teeth?

Did the woman see the boy fall?

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/2187147.html

"WALKER – Police arrested a 26-year-old woman accused of cruelty to a 3-year-old boy, Police Chief Hunter Grimes said Wednesday.

The child suffered retinal hemorrhages, malnutrition and trauma to the front and rear of the head, Grimes said.

<<<snip>>>

Police Sgt. Joseph Welda, the investigator in the case, said the child’s injuries were extensive and couldn’t “be dismissed as anything accidental or routine.”

At Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, a forensic pediatrician said the child suffered multiple extreme force trauma to the front and rear of his head and the injuries were inconsistent with a household accident, Grimes said.

The child also was found to be suffering from an inability to thrive due to severe malnutrition, the police chief reported.

A pediatric neurologist said the child showed signs of continual physical abuse and is unable to function on his own, Grimes said."

A forensic pediatrician means someone who works for, or is contracted by, the government.

scarfyrre

Postby scarfyrre » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:03 pm

Jeez, that's a heck of a fall.

My son's stool is four inches off the floor. The article doesn't state where the fracture was, but wouldn't someone try to break their fall with their hands? Reflex thing.

I'm not accusing because I don't know the details except what the media gave, but I'm just trying to picture this fall in my head. Putting the toilet in different spots, different ways he could've fallen, etc.

Poor baby. I hope the docs are wrong about perm damage.

Return to “In the News”