Nebraska - Sen. Chuck Hagel wants to re-define child abuse..

A place to post and discuss news.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

WhiteGirlFromSouthOmaha

Nebraska - Sen. Chuck Hagel wants to re-define child abuse..

Postby WhiteGirlFromSouthOmaha » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:37 pm

to include smoking in your own car with your child(ren) inside the car as child abuse. :evil:

Don't we have ENOUGH crap defined as child abuse without this? :evil:

Can't give you a URL, because my friend Tamy told me about it last night as she was watching the news on Channel Six (WOWT Omaha).

This makes me want to curse the air blue, I swear.

This is the link to Channel Six's website: http://www.wowt.com/ However, there doesn't seem to be any mention of that lovely little statement on the site. I'll do some more checking and see what I can find.

gideonmacleish

Re: Nebraska - Sen. Chuck Hagel wants to re-define child abu

Postby gideonmacleish » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:06 am

WhiteGirlFromSouthOmaha wrote:to include smoking in your own car with your child(ren) inside the car as child abuse.

I have said for over a year that CPS would begin defining smoking in the presence of children as abuse. Nobody believed me.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:22 am

There was a social worker on this site over a year ago talking about how smoking is abusive.

Its all just a matter of time.

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:16 pm

Gideon: Only a year ago? I gotcha beat! :)

Like in certain other issues I don't want to bring up,
laws and agencies suffer from "mission creep".
Inch by inch they evolve WAY BEYOND a point
that would have been possible all at once.

This is not a new phenomenon.

It's a nightmare and has put us on a track
that really DOES resemble the old USSR or
Franz Kafka's "The Trial".
(More properly translated title: "The Process")

We are dying the "death by inches".

donita

Postby donita » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:56 pm

I have faught all six of my kids about smoking, and it is a big pet peave of mine, that EVERY foster home my kids were in, bought cigarettes for them.

I always grip about that to the cw and I guess they put pink slips in the foster's file, but I am always treated as though I am being too picky and they sneak around and buy them cigs anyway. After the first pink slip no body cares anymore. I REALLY HATE THAT!!!

WhiteGirlFromSouthOmaha

Postby WhiteGirlFromSouthOmaha » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:24 am

donita wrote:...but I am always treated as though I am being too picky...I REALLY HATE THAT!!!

Ha! I gotcha beat, to quote someone on this page whose name I don't remember at this time. But they think I'm being too picky about the foster family's religion. Smoking isn't an issue yet because my daughter's only 5.

So we'll see.
Ese error es cisa de ayer!
That's an error of the past!

"El más grande amor
Y aunque siempre lo reuncies para mí
Fue lo más bello
Fue lo más bello"

Selena, Si Una Vez & "No Me Queda Más" - 2 albums: Amor Prohibido & Live: The Last Concert

"I wouldn't listen I learnt how to fight
I opened up my mind to treason...

But just like the wounded and when it's too late
They'll remember
They'll surrender
Never a care for the people who hate
Underestimate me now"

Ozzy Osbourne, Shot In The Dark - album: Ultimate Sin

donita

Postby donita » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:22 am

Yea! I really blew a fuse when they put my girls in a gay foster home. I went to the governor and senator on that one. The commissioner of cps told the sentator that even wickas could be foster parents. I would flip over that too. My God is the creator and there is none other for me. I believe with all my heart that He knows what He is doing and that there is a reason and a purpose for us being here. I know that there is no man or any other gods greater than He. I know that as much as we are suffering, one day, our joy will will wash all this pain and fear away. I just try to be a good soldier and be as effective as I can for all of the other people that He loves too. His grace empowers me to accomplish His plan, as long as I keep my eyes on Him I will have victory. When I am weak He carries me. This is not just a hope for me, it has been my reality. The Bible has never lied to me. EVERY TIME I TRUST IT, I WIN. He even helps me to remember that He would save the cps workers too, if they would only let Him.

WhiteGirlFromSouthOmaha

Postby WhiteGirlFromSouthOmaha » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:48 am

donita wrote:The commissioner of cps told the sentator that even wickas could be foster parents. I would flip over that too.

Really? Then you're really going to blow a fuse now: I am what you would mistakenly consider to be a Wiccan. My religion is much more serious than Wicca -- not every single one of us is a witch, you cannot just declare yourself to be a witch, you have to be trained by a Teacher. I'm NOT a witch -- I just worship the very same Goddess as they do. We pray, we have faith, just like Christians do.

Only witches cast spells. And our witches know what they're doing. I'd go into what I've seen witches do with my own eyes, but you wouldn't believe me. No one ever does unless they were there when I was and saw what I saw, so I don't bother trying to tell anyone anymore.

But, all that being said, right now I'd really prefer my daughter being placed with a Wiccan family. At least I wouldn't have to deprogram her as much when she does finally come home.

"El más grande amor

Fue lo más bello

Fue lo más bello"

Selena, Si Una Vez & "No Me Queda Más" - 2 albums: Amor Prohibido & Live: The Last Concert

They'll remember

They'll surrender

Underestimate me now"

donita

Postby donita » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:59 pm

No I'm not surprised, I've followed some of your posts and you've talked about it before. I am a preachers wife so I have heard about some of the things that happen by people who barely got out of it alive. The people that I have met said everything started out really amazing. The Bible says it is real so I believe it is real. The people that I have met said the more you get into it the more it takes you over and what started out amazing slowly turns into something terrifying, like what used to be beautiful turns into a demon that posses you. I hope that won't happen to you. I could never respect another god because my God is a jealous God. He would not hear me if I paid homage to another god, but I know He love the people who do and wishes they would pick Him to be thier God because He made them and He loves them. Until the day they take thier last breath my God would accept them if they turned to Him no matter what they had done. He accepted me and changed me at the core of my very being. I love my God very much for the kind of God He is and for what He has done for me. He has done things for me that I don't even deserve and I didn't have to do anything but accept His Son Jesus. I did that 27 years ago and I can honestly say I love Him more today than I did then. I definitly know Him alot better. I don't have to do rituals but He does make me want to sing sometimes and do random acts of kindness to people whether they are good, bad, or ugly. He fills my heart up with so much love sometimes I don't think I can hold it all. That is when I know I am in His presence. Sometimes His presence come when I am in the darkest of places. He also gives me a peace that I can't really describe. All I have to do to is think about Him and ask for it. Sometimes it just comes on it's own, when there is someone He wants me to help. Sometimes He just wants to show me something that will help me understand Him better. Do you know that every cell and particle of creation reveals something special about Him. He is so perfect that it is awe inspiring when you see it. I'm sorry, I don't mean to just go on and on, if I don't stop I'll go into my tree story. My kids tease me about my stories.

WhiteGirlFromSouthOmaha

Postby WhiteGirlFromSouthOmaha » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:46 pm

donita wrote:No I'm not surprised, I've followed some of your posts and you've talked about it before. I am a preachers wife so I have heard about some of the things that happen by people who barely got out of it alive. The people that I have met said everything started out really amazing. The Bible says it is real so I believe it is real. The people that I have met said the more you get into it the more it takes you over and what started out amazing slowly turns into something terrifying, like what used to be beautiful turns into a demon that posses you. I hope that won't happen to you.

Where in my post did I say that I was a Devil worshipper?

It sounds like the people you encountered were using Ouija boards and generally casting spells willy-nilly and getting themselves in trouble that way. That's just sheer stupidity.

This has been my freely-chosen-as-an-adult religion since 1996 (ten years ago). I cannot truthfully say that anything bad has happened to me. In fact, it's been the reverse.

What's terrifying is that there's still Christians out there that think that the Bible verse, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live," means "kill all witches because they're all evil -- there's absolutely nothing good about them, nor do they ever do anything good for anyone."

What's even more terrifying is that Satanists tried to kidnap me in March 1997 for evil purposes. Guess what? My life was saved by a witch. Not by a Christian.

Like I said, this has been my religion for the past ten years, so I've heard just about everything from Christians trying to convert me back to Christianity. Even my eejit sister has tried. They all failed. And I'm also very much alive, thank you, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this, would I?

In contrast, I absolutely refuse to try to convert anyone to my religion. You wouldn't want to -- just a few years ago, there was a fundamentalist Christian group going around Omaha, targeting witches for murder (or execution, in their minds). They successfully murdered at least two witches before my Teacher, who is one of our warrior class witches, which means he protects us all, not just those of us who worship the Goddess, from harm, scared them out of here. My Teacher can be pretty scary when he wants to be, especially if you commit harm against an innocent for no other reason than to commit harm. You worship with us, you run the risk of being murdered. Sound like fun? I don't think so.

We're never going to agree on this subject, so why don't we just agree to disagree and happily go on our merry little ways, and try to help each other because we're all in this fight against CPS together? CPS doesn't discriminate in who they pick on; so why are we discriminating against each other based on religion? It's stupid and pointless.

You're happy accepting Jesus as your personal savior; I'm happy praying to the Goddess. Not only that, in this country, we get to worship how we want, so long as it doesn't infringe on anyone else's rights or harm them in any way. I'm not telling anyone how to believe or the "right" way to believe. That's an invasion of privacy, and it's generally irritating to the listener anyway.

We have a saying: "Blessed Be, O Triune Goddess, in all Thy many names and manifold attributes."

If you can't figure out what that means...I don't know what to tell you.

"El más grande amor

Fue lo más bello

Fue lo más bello"

They'll remember

They'll surrender

Underestimate me now"

unfairjustice05

Postby unfairjustice05 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:01 pm

Everybody has a right to their own religion.I am a baptist and so are my 2 girls my son is a non believer he has his own believes,my in laws are mormons.And I am a smoker. But this shouldn't be about religion this i about children.I don't judge people by their religion.

One more thing I grew up in a very religion home Mom was a church freak and pushed church on me.But that doesn't make me a bad person for growing out of it.

we just need to stick to the topic on how to save our children not who's smokin and what religion we are.
Honeybee

donita

Postby donita » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:17 pm

I wasn't trying to offend you or convert you, I was only sharing the same way you were sharing. However I would like you to know that I would never agree that it is a Christian thing to do to try to kill someone, anyone. I believe that God is the giver of life and I would never presume to take away something that God has seen fit to give. I agree that we can never agree but I would never wish you any harm just because you believe in another god. I would not want you to think that I would hurt you or anyone like you, I would even stand up and say that is wrong if I ever heard anyone else try to hurt someone who is not hurting someone else. However I would fight with every breath in my being to keep my children from being placed in such a threatened lifestyle. I'm really really sorry for what you have been through, I promise that no matter what, I would never ever for any reason threaten physical harm to you or anyone just because they don't choose my God. I guess I was just trying to relate with you on a person to person basis. You posted your religion and talked about it so I thought you would be okay with me talking about mine. I didn't know how hurt you've been. I'm sorry.

donita

Postby donita » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:35 pm

I'm sorry this was my mistake. I wasn't paying attention to which forum I was in. I was thinking I was in the "Have Faith and be Strong" forum. again, I am sorry.

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:22 pm

WhiteGirlFromSouthOmaha:
Have the CPS nitwits made a fuss about your Wiccan beliefs?

I've heard of them getting on parents
for having the wrong denomination,
being too Christian (Lott's daughters thing)
and for being Atheist.

Did you conceal your Wiccan beliefs?

WhiteGirlFromSouthOmaha

Postby WhiteGirlFromSouthOmaha » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:17 pm

Greegor wrote:WhiteGirlFromSouthOmaha:
Have the CPS nitwits made a fuss about your Wiccan beliefs?

I've heard of them getting on parents
for having the wrong denomination,
being too Christian (Lott's daughters thing)
and for being Atheist.

Did you conceal your Wiccan beliefs?

No. But they don't respect my beliefs. They keep placing my kid with Protestants...I've specifically asked that she be placed with a Jewish family because they don't try to convert anyone and Jews are very nice people. I like them.

"El más grande amor

Fue lo más bello

Fue lo más bello"

They'll remember

They'll surrender

Underestimate me now"

Return to “In the News”