Ore. woman, 84, pleads guilty in boy's sex abuse case

A place to post and discuss news.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

stacymarks

Postby stacymarks » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:55 pm

this proves some people should not be foster parents, outrageous!!! this is from the seattle times.

By WILLIAM McCALL

The Associated Press

PORTLAND — An 84-year-old woman accused of attempted rape involving an 11-year-old boy in her foster care has pleaded guilty to a lesser charge after confessing to having sex with the child, prosecutors said today.

Georgia Audean Buoy, of The Dalles, a Columbia River town about 90 miles east of Portland, will serve 36 months in prison, said Leslie Wolf, chief deputy district attorney for Wasco County.

Buoy originally faced six separate charges but reached a plea agreement on a single charge with prosecutors, Wolf said.

In a taped confession, Buoy admitted having sex with the boy while he was in her care in 2004, Wolf said.

"Obviously, with this case, there is going to be a lot of disbelief so we wanted make sure people knew it was a confession," Wolf said.

She said that Buoy was a longtime member of the Columbia River community and her church, and volunteered at the county jail.

Church officials were not immediately available for comment. Buoy's attorney, Andrew Carter, also was not immediately available.

Buoy pleaded guilty to attempted sex abuse in Wasco County Circuit Court in The Dalles. She must register as a sex offender after serving her sentence at the Coffee Creek women's prison in Wilsonville.

Buoy also must pay $5,000 in fines to the victim, as well as up to $7,500 in restitution for counseling.

District Attorney Eric Nisley said he believes that Buoy will be the oldest inmate at Coffee Creek, just south of Portland.

He said it is the only case in his memory involving sexual abuse of a boy by an elderly woman — but it was handled like any other case.

"When an adult victimizes a child, the sex of either partner is irrelevant — the damage is done and it's permanent," Nisley said.

Bob_Lynn

Re: Ore. woman, 84, pleads guilty in boy's sex abuse case

Postby Bob_Lynn » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:21 pm

stacymarks wrote:this proves some people should not be foster parents, outrageous!!!

More importantly, why is an 84 year old woman a foster parent?
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. Edward R. Murrow

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:45 pm

Same thing they use the Consitutional Right to Age Discrimination Sanction so she has the right to Foster at any age. I guess. :roll:

I just don't get it though, why give to 84 yrs with almost no energy at all? pardon me for being ick sickening, but same as you would do for Driver's License, you have to pass in order to drive. I guess she passed the study. But didn't know she was using them for sexual pleasures. Sickening indeed.

I guess these days, anyone can be a Foster Parent, except a Criminal Background with convictions. But I might be mistaken. If she can, anyone can.

Outrageous indeed....
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Return to “In the News”