A place to post and discuss news.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Frustrated

BEWARE OF FAKE SOCIAL WORKERS AND CPS WORKERS

Postby Frustrated » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:13 am

Beware of Fake Social Workers....

Fake Social Workers
April 9, 2007
Among the dangers for parents we now have impostors claiming to be social workers. It is an easy way to spy inside homes or for pedophiles to see some skin or just to terrify neighbors. The current article is from Wyoming. We include an older case of the same scam from Nova Scotia.

expand
collapse
Riverton officials looking into alleged DFS impostor

RIVERTON (AP) -- Authorities are investigating reports of a woman posing as a Department of Family Services case worker, entering people's homes and asking questions about their children.

Sada Selvig, supervisor of the DFS social work department in Riverton, said she got a call March 27 from a couple suspicious about such a visit.

"I've just never seen or heard anything like this," Selvig said.

According to Selvig, a tall, middle-aged woman wearing jeans and a blue sweater knocked on the couple's door in northeast Riverton and said she was there to conduct an inspection. The 23-year old woman who answered the door let her in, but became suspicious when the woman began asking about her young children.

The victim and her husband reported the incident to Selvig and to police later that day.

Riverton Police Capt. Milan Vinich said after the couple's complaint circulated around the department, another local woman filed a similar complaint.

"Turns out that the daughter of a police department employee experienced a similar encounter three weeks prior and didn't think much of it until hearing about this account," Vinich said.

Selvig said she knew something was amiss as soon as she heard how the impostor was dressed.

"That was my first tip off," Selvig said. "The woman was wearing jeans. Case workers are not allowed to wear jeans."

Selvig said most DFS employees on home visits are accompanied by a police officer. And although DFS employees don't wear uniforms, they should wear a DFS badge in a visible location and should be driving a state vehicle with an "S" on the license plate.

Selvig also said DFS does not have the authority to remove children from a home, and that anyone who says they have that authority through DFS should be treated with suspicion.

"So if there is a caseworker alone that comes to your home and says they will be taking your child into protective custody and placing them in foster care, you should call law enforcement immediately," she said.

Vinich called the whole situation "disturbing."

"We don't know what the motivation would be," he said.

Source: website of the Casper Star-Tribune
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:19 am

I think this Couple DID A RIGHT THING BY REPORTING TO THE POLICE about this suspicion and the CPS Supervisor had no choice but tell how to protect yourself from Fake Social Workers, Fake CPS Workers and whatnots.

What to watch out for:

Questions about your Children
They are not supposed to wear Jeans
Special Letter "S" or some nature on their License Plates
No Authority to remove your Children at your Home (the irony!)

Anything else you may disclose, CPS Supervisor on how to protect ourselves from Fake Workers???
What about the Times? I know they are not supposed to come at 9 PM at night! ONLY EMERGENCY yes, but not for a regular visit. They come on Business hours from 9 to 5, some at 6 PM. ONLY EMERGENCY IF NEEDS PROTECTION< they do indeed come at any time, 24 hours, 7 days of the week even on Weekends.

Don't want to disclose? Maybe they have something to HIDE! :roll:
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

snsanty

Fake CPS Workers

Postby snsanty » Sun May 13, 2007 10:48 am

The CPS Nazis in Fremont County, Colorado ARE allowed to wear jeans. They are totally fake...see the AFRA website to see a list of their sociopathic tendencies!
Injustice for all in Fremont County Colorado!

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sun May 13, 2007 2:38 pm

Then why is this CPS Director saying that they are not allowed to wear jeans? or he is just covering up at whim? It stinks of corrupt ways, and still stinks the same. He will say anything just to make suspecting people go away. He is a liar then. And probably still is. :roll: I don't BELIEVE anything they say out of their mouths. Not at all. Not after all the lies they say out of their same mouths.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Sun May 13, 2007 8:50 pm

Frustrated,

That is for THAT department. Each department has thier own rules about certain things.

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Mon May 14, 2007 4:04 am

I am confused.

Is it what they wear that makes us angry or what they do?

Should not we be taking action to fix the problem instead of talking about the fact that the problem exists. I am convinced, THE PROBLEM EXISTS and CPS is the problem.

Now what do we do about it.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the Constitution so the second will not become a legalized version of the first.
Thomas Jefferson

snsanty

Postby snsanty » Mon May 14, 2007 5:44 am

We really need to attend the Washington DC rally on Aug. 18. Hopefully that will change the whole CPS child racket going on. We need class action lawsuits against CPS & more media attention (nobody has responded to my testimony of my case yet) It really doesn't matter what they wear or what they drive (round here it's new cars & SUVs though), but they are EVIL CORRUPT SOULLESS SADISTIC SOCIOPATHS WHO STOLE MY CHILDREN!
Injustice for all in Fremont County Colorado!

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Mon May 14, 2007 9:30 am

who do we get to represent us in a class action lawsuit? all attorney's i talk to regardless of my evidence thinks that is is a waste of time. the way i see if their preponderance of the evidence factor works for them in court, i know i have enough evidence to prove that they have violated my rights and my children's rights. but who do we get to legal defend us? anyone have an attorney in mind? i am all for sueing their behinds, but the law seems to work against us and most attorney's are out for a buck so they dont want to bite the hand that feeds them.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon May 14, 2007 5:57 pm

The Attorney comes to mind which is the one that sued California CAS and won. In the tune of $4.9 Million dollars in punitive damages. The Attornies' Names were at the bottom of that news article. The same one under "In the News" Board. You will find their names and call them. See if they can refer you to respectable Lawyers who can fight for lawsuits. You might get something, ya never know?

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Tue May 15, 2007 3:29 am

Something to think about.

1. When we sue them, win or lose, we are in essence suing ourselves, the taxpayers. When someone wins (?) who pays, we do the taxpayers. Who really wins, THE LAWYERS.

2. Since we pretty much all agree that CPS is all about the money why should we not spend as much time as required to reduce the funding to CPS. It is our money and we have a right to say how it is spent.

3. Why do they get away with it, because we let them.

I know that some of you are going to question what I have said and/or disagree totally. Good, you will be thinking. Let's have some meaningful dialouge about how to fix the problem. We the Voters own the country, we the voters have the power to fix it. We the voters have the power to FIRE any politician who doesn't do what we tell them. When we act like Sheeple and do not exercise our rights and power they win.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the Constitution so the second will not become a legalized version of the first.

Thomas Jefferson

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue May 15, 2007 7:19 am

Yeah. The same taxes we pay, so hence we support CPS' corruption tactics on Families. WE ALLOW IT!!
And we also voted Government employees into office who firmly supports CPS. :roll:

I say do your RESEARCH before you vote in the upcoming elections. That is including Judges, Senators, Congressmen, Constiutents and Mayors, and so forth.....Even Doctors. PICK YOUR OWN DOCTORS. There are known doctors that SUPPORT CPS! When you ask your own doctor what their belief on CPS'. You CAN TELL if they SUPPORT CPS<is WHEN they refer you to CPS Services! ahhhhhhh!!! yes. You need a Doctor who will SUPPORT YOU! and your Children. IF the Doctor sees the children and sees nothing wrong there and no abuse or whatsover, why the need to be involved with CPS?
The other Doctors who supports CPS are the same ones who were paid by them, just like prescription drug pushers where they were offered 40% of its profits if they were to refer the prescription medicine brands. Yes, just the same ideology they have with CPS. WITH ITS SERVICES!! And yet they REFER YOU TO THERE!
If you see your doctor babbling about referring you to there, then you have the right to changae doctors according to its Law.

MotherOf3

Postby MotherOf3 » Wed May 16, 2007 7:32 am

Thanks for the post, That scary. Riverton is like a 10 min drive away from me :shock:

Return to “In the News”