Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Marina

Minnesota system

Postby Marina » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:04 am

http://www.parkrapidsenterprise.com/art ... fm?id=9568

Letters: Regrets lack of response

Park Rapids Enterprise
Published Friday, September 21, 2007

I read the article published on Aug. 17 regarding Hubbard County Social Services and Russ Lamon and it raised additional questions in my mind about what’s going on there. Many of the children and families that child protection workers are dealing with are needy and vulnerable individuals.

My family has dealt with Hubbard County Social Services in the past. There were many concerns regarding actions and decisions that were made. They were documented and forwarded to the director of social services back in February 2004; we received no response from anyone regarding our concerns.

We also had to deal with social services in January 2007 and could not get a call back or any help. In my eyes not only should people be concerned about Lamon’s alleged actions, but the whole department should be looked at. I think that whoever oversees the directors and supervisors needs to be involved, I believe that would be the county commissioners.

The lives of the children involved are very personal and many times fragile. We need to be protecting our children, not the child protection workers.

Thank you, Lu Ann, for bringing this to the public eyes.

Annie Henry Heimdahl

Alexandria

Marina

Postby Marina » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:22 pm

http://www.brainerddispatch.com/ystorie ... 8038.shtml

Issue on legal bills discussed

By RENEE RICHARDSON
Senior Reporter

A question of who will pay for parent representation in child protection and termination of parental rights cases - the state or Crow Wing County - could be decided by the Minnesota Supreme Court.

Return to “In the News”