My question regarding FLDS

A place to post and discuss news.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

cambreenellie

My question regarding FLDS

Postby cambreenellie » Fri May 30, 2008 9:48 am

I need to understand how they were able to appeal?

Here in my county if I was allowed to appeal (not sure if I could) I would have had to do it like in a 20 day period.

Some of these families even signed service plans already so how did they get something overturned like that?

Did it go something like they appealed immediately after the decision and the courts are just now getting around to the appeal or was this just brought up out of the blue by their lawyers?

Hope I'm not confusing anyone, but it's kind of hard to explain exactly what i want to ask.

Basically an easier way to maybe present it is, if a person agrees to services and the appeal deadline came and went are they still allowed to appeal wrongful seizure?

Marina

Postby Marina » Fri May 30, 2008 4:05 pm

This case was done in an "appeals court."

Go to your state courts website and read about your appeals courts. Find the one in your jurisdiction. Read all you can on the internet, and call the clerk of the court and ask for forms, etc. Just keep asking questions. They may say they can't answer legal questions. Ask them where the law library is. Those people will tell you more.

They may tell you that there are no forms and you need a lawyer to file the case correctly, etc.

Marina

Postby Marina » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:09 pm

Here is a collection of links to various types of appeals.

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?t=4623

cambreenellie

Postby cambreenellie » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:42 pm

Thanks Marina, every little bit helps.

Return to “In the News”