Nebraska, Oklahoma lead the Nation in child removals

A place to post and discuss news.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

gideonmacleish

Nebraska, Oklahoma lead the Nation in child removals

Postby gideonmacleish » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:39 am

Found this one and wanted to pass it on:

http://www.kvii.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=207668

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- An audit has found Oklahoma has the second-highest per capita rate in the nation for taking children from their homes and putting them in state custody.

Auditors looked at the Family Services Division of the state Department of Human Services and say Oklahoma is second only to Nebraska.

They told state lawmakers that the reason for the high rate may be Oklahoma's definitions of abuse and neglect are very broad.

The audit was requested by a task force of state lawmakers and a final report is due by the end of the year.

miasmom1028

Re: Nebraska, Oklahoma lead the Nation in child removals

Postby miasmom1028 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:42 am

gideonmacleish wrote:Found this one and wanted to pass it on:

http://www.kvii.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=207668

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- An audit has found Oklahoma has the second-highest per capita rate in the nation for taking children from their homes and putting them in state custody.

Auditors looked at the Family Services Division of the state Department of Human Services and say Oklahoma is second only to Nebraska.

They told state lawmakers that the reason for the high rate may be Oklahoma's definitions of abuse and neglect are very broad.

The audit was requested by a task force of state lawmakers and a final report is due by the end of the year.

Mental note....don't move there.
Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come Mark 13.33

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:03 pm

Miasmom, I was thinking the same thing!

I'm surprised that Oklahoma and Nebraska are worst now. I would never have guessed that about Nebraska!! I would have guessed California, Oregon, or North Carolina... and Florida.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

gideonmacleish

Postby gideonmacleish » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:50 pm

What I'm finding odd is that "red" states have been pretty big on child removal. This is part of a disturbing trend I've noticed.

Democrats introduce government intrusions on private lives under the guise of being "good for you". Republicans take the power they've been given and use it as a weapon.

Your best bet? Vote Libertarian, the only party that trusts you to run your OWN life!

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:00 pm

I always vote for the Libertarian candidates... they are the only ones likely to make worthwhile child welfare reforms.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:50 pm

LindaJM wrote:I always vote for the Libertarian candidates... they are the only ones likely to make worthwhile child welfare reforms.
Agreed.
Maybe Indiana dropped out of the top because Mitch "reformed" CPS here.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:55 pm

Yes Oklahoma is bad. Not only is itbad in the part. Why the hell would anyone want to live here. It's not pretty and there is no attractions. People look down on you and everyone else. Oh and if you are not a sooner fan which I am not you are the devil. Jobs are scarce which leads to poverty, which leads to an excuse as to why there are so many kids in the system. I am getting out of here asap.
Parents spend so much time teaching our kids not to go with strangers or talk to strangers, and no to show your body to strangers. And this is what CPS-DHS is all about.

miasmom1028

Postby miasmom1028 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:08 pm

LindaJM wrote:I always vote for the Libertarian candidates... they are the only ones likely to make worthwhile child welfare reforms.

Yeah I'm writing in Ron Paul on Tuesday. If McCain for Obama wins I think we are screwed either way.
Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come Mark 13.33

Return to “In the News”