New Jersey kids with Nazi names removed

A place to post and discuss news.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Trisha G

New Jersey kids with Nazi names removed

Postby Trisha G » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:18 pm

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-ge ... tler.Cake/

273HOLLAND TOWNSHIP, N.J. — Three New Jersey siblings whose names have Nazi connotations have been placed in state custody, police said. The children, ranging in age from 3 to under 1, were removed from their home Friday. They drew attention last month when a supermarket bakery refused to put the name of the oldest — Adolf Hitler Campbell — on a birthday cake.

State workers didn't tell police why the children were taken, police Sgt. John Harris said.

A spokeswoman for the state Division of Youth and Family Services, Kate Bernyk, said she would not comment on any specific case, but she said the state would not remove children from a home simply because of their names.

A family court hearing is scheduled for Thursday. Court officials said the matter is sealed and they could not release information about what might be decided at the hearing.

The other two children, both girls, are JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell.

The father, Heath Campbell, had no comment when contacted by The Express-Times of Easton, Pa. The Associated Press could not locate a working telephone number for the family Wednesday.

Honestly, I wonder how hard they had to search to find a "reason" to remove these children. I have to say the parents must be ignorant to have given these names to their children in the first place.

childparasiteservices

Postby childparasiteservices » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:37 pm

They should be able to name their kids whatever they want. Period, end of discussion on that. They should also expect some b.s. like this as well to follow them. Hopefuly the Bakery will go out of business, and NJ-CPS will lose their ass in court. That would be an ideal turnout in my opinion. But what do I know about this case, nothing.

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:43 pm

I'm going to disagree with you about the bakery. I would've refused their request too. All I know about the case is that the parents were stupid to give their kids those names and made themselves very easy targets for CPS by making noise.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:49 pm

The bakery was actually at their local grocery store and the parents wanted Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler on the cake. They had refused to do a cake for them the previous year as well. From what I read when the story first came out, the parents finally found a Wal Mart in PA that would do the Adolf Hitler thing on the cake.

The family seems to be bent on attention. Naming their kids Nazi names, and when its denied to have it printed on the cake, they went to the media and kept looking for bakeries to have it done instead of getting a tube of icing and doing it themselves. They actually turned down an offer to have the cake made with room to inscribe it themselves.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/today/i ... angry.html

Marina

Postby Marina » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:33 pm

A court in Australia recently ruled that parents had to change the name of their child.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008 ... 313126.htm

Parents ordered to change girl's Talula Does the Hula name
By New Zealand correspondent Kerri Ritchie

Posted Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:00pm AEST

A New Zealand judge has ordered that the parents of an eight-year-old girl change her name, saying it is highly embarrassing and makes the child a target for ridicule.

The girl, who lives in New Plymouth on the west coast of the north island, is named "Talula Does the Hula From Hawaii".

The Family court was told that the child is so mortified she has not told any of her friends her real name.

Judge Robert Murfitt ruled that the name was a social disability.

The girl's parents have separated and she has been placed under the court's guardianship while a new name is selected.

Judge Murfitt says he is appalled by the judgement of some parents.

He says in New Zealand there are children called Midnight Chardonnay, Number 16 Bus Shelter and Violence.

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:37 pm

It seems that the kids were removed after severl domestic violence calls. My guess is that one of them either threatened or hurt one of the kids during a fight.

HappyMommyx4

Postby HappyMommyx4 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:54 pm

Momoffor wrote:...they went to the media and kept looking for bakeries to have it done instead of getting a tube of icing and doing it themselves.
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/today/i ... angry.html

ROFLMBO! I'm sorry, I know you were'nt trying to be funny but I nearly fell off my chair when I read that statement. :P I think they just wanted the attention and it had something to do with the current political goings on. It is odd they would have such a public hissy fit over this while we are about to inaugurate our first black President. I am sure those children have had plenty of other birthdays. That is just my two cents. I am glad the bakery stood up to them.

Poor kids. They are in a bad situation no matter which way this goes. :(

There is an update on the article.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren- ... xml&coll=3

I don't buy that he has had a complete change in his beliefs, I think he realized potential consequences of this attention and is putting on a good show. Either that or he is potentially the dumbest man in America. Again, that is just my two cents on it.

EvieOhshe

Postby EvieOhshe » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:01 pm

Trisha G wrote:It seems that the kids were removed after severl domestic violence calls. My guess is that one of them either threatened or hurt one of the kids during a fight.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/265187

After a story appeared in The Express-Times about the children's names and the refusal of a supermarket to pen Adolf Hitler on a birthday cake another Campbell family in the area received death threats. Those threats were meant for Heath Campbell. Police are investigating that threat.

The website lehighvalleylive.com reports on the letter sent to Melanie Campbell in December. The letter was meant for Heath Campbell.

"Your hateful thoughts will cause your death and the deaths of
your children," the letter reads.

"You will not be able to prevent this, you will not know when it
will happen, you will not know how it will happen," it reads. "Your
children will die. You will all end up like your Nazi friends: dead."

The typewritten letter was followed by another in December. Melanie Campbell gave both letters to the police.

----------------------

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:34 pm

I could be wrong. But I bet the kids were removed owing to an
anonymous phone call coupled with the names.

If there is nothing there other than the naming of the children , CPS will sure as h*** create something.

As much as I deplore Neo-Nazism (members of my family lived and died in Europe through Adolph's War), I maintain that it is a right in this country to name a child what you please.

This is a Constitutional right.

1st Amendment.

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:52 pm

I never said they didn't have the right to name the children that. The death threats against the kids are wrong, plain and simple, and that person should be caught and prosecuted.
I also agree that CPS would go to the extremes to find something wrong, this case was too easy for them to pass up. If it weren't for the fact that more innocent kids would suffer, I'd hope the case they're starting, if false would blow up in their faces. Sadly that usually takes the death of a child, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:17 pm

Trisha, I was commenting in general, not to any post of yours. Frankly, I am not sure if I even read fully your post.

Maggie

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:19 am

The guy is a widget and apparently a liar to boot according to the articles.

hell, maybe he sent the letter to himself for some more media spotlight that he claims he wants to go away, but continues to set up interviews with media outlets. Even ones to tell the media, he wants the media to go away, and the next day is talking about other stuff with another media outlet.

Return to “In the News”