Idea of the day

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

kelz03103

Idea of the day

Postby kelz03103 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Hi all just a thought I wanted to share , I was watchin a movie the other day and i started thinking this mess we are all in reminds me of the underground railroad , for young folks these were people who help victims run and hide from injustices , and they even had tunnels underground from house to house . I came on today and I saw a post , can't remember where, i read a lot of posts, but the woman was describing how her child had dreams of buying a house with a secret room to hide in from cps workers. This gave me a real life idea of sorts. I am always trying to think of ways to stop them from getting our children in the first place , We need a network , we need to find friends and neighbors willing to in fact hide our kids , what if we had safe houses or something , we can start with just one . for the record i have an extra bedroom in my house , and I have been a victim for ten years , I would offer up my house , Ill hide the kids the moms , dads everyone , what if a neighbor came to me and said hide us , it might help them fight cps , maybe save money to move or who knows . Now i would imagine if any of us did this both the hiding family and the ones hiding them would be in a lot of legal trouble , but in time what if thousands of us were doing it ? It seems to me that plenty of us go through this , but we have no idea how many people for example right in our own neighborhood are going through this right now , alone. It seems I am always by myself , and ganged up on when they come to my door , if we find out , who in the neighborhood needs a friend a witness a place to hide , backup , maybe some of us could simply make a call , and someone would be there , I would. I wonder if it would make a difference and be harder for them if they knocked on a door , and had to confront 3-4 parents instead of just the one they are after. This is a brand new idea in my mind , I am sure some of you can grasp where i'm trying to go with this , I'll work on it . ~Kelz!

angelheart83

Re: Idea of the day

Postby angelheart83 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:27 pm

First of all, I am the woman with the daughter who said that. :cry: It's sad that my daughter is so scared by this agency that she fixates on this. She asks me to buy a house with a secret room almost every day.

People do need to come together to fight this unfair agency. I wish I could personally help others. It would be harder for them to take advantage of a family if there were other adults watching. Secrecy allows them to do their worst acts. Nobody else is around to watch them and hold them accountable, and when the birth parent comes forward to tell their story and protest, they're automatically disbelieved with no witnesses. It's often recommended that people invite at least one friend over when CPS makes a scheduled visit. However, this can't protect parents from the surprise visits, which are often no more than fishing expeditions for anything they can use against the parents to take their children (for example, coming at the busiest times of day when anyone's house could be chaos!).

Parents need to stand up for their rights and their families, but it's so hard since they often target the families least capable of protecting themselves. I hope that things will start to change. The more families they traumatize, the stronger our collective voices will be. Maybe one day we won't all be able to be marginalized by the media and public anymore. And maybe we can effectively join together to fight the system somehow. Our families are the most important cause we could ever fight for.

If I can sue them in time, and win, maybe I'll get to realize my daughter's dreams of a CPS-proof house. :lol: Not only will there be a secret room, but there will also be one of those huge, impassible gates with a guard dog on the other side (just in case). And soundproof walls, just in case. An underground tunnel would be nice too. If only all of these features came standard in housing...
My children have never been harmed by my actions. My children both love me and trust me. Even my nonverbal son shows he trusts me by how he interacts with me. We didn't deserve what we've gone through because of CPS. We demand justice.

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:51 pm

Kelz, your observations about the underground railroad are spot on. I've been fascinated by that topic ever since I read a story about Harriet Tubman (a runaway slave who eventually returned to the South to lead other slaves to freedom) when I was seven. CPS reminds me of slavery in several ways, especially the forcible removal of children from their parents for profit. Also stealing the labor of low-income parents in the form of child support, often to be paid to foster-adopt parents who are much better off financially.

We need a way to help the general public understand what's involved in a CPS investigation. Most people have no idea how CPS operates. They think that CPS is a benign presence that will simply check up on the welfare of the child and straighten things out if the parent isn't quite up to speed. They honestly don't know about the falsified court reports, the huge federal subsidies, the pharmaceutical experiments on foster children, or other abuses. People are sincerely clueless about these things. If we could even get the word out that CPS can't legally come into your home without a warrant, how much grief would be avoided? And wouldn't it be wonderful if we could distribute brochures in daycares, pediatrician's offices, and maternity wards?
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:00 am

Those places would probably disbelieve the pamphlets and remove them. It's a nice idea to try though, just in case. :)

Your ideas are great but it would be hard to convince the public of the truth. People automatically disbelieve us, saying "there has to be more to the story". They don't want to think that their children could be sold too. They don't want to think that the government will take away children just because they don't 100% agree with parenting practices. They don't want to believe that children CAN be removed for no more than a messy house during Spring Cleaning week, or when packing for a move (like what almost happened to me personally). And yes, they don't understand the trauma inherent in a CPS investigation. It is not benign at all and it's all too easy for an innocent family to get caught up in a frightening investigation.

My dream is for the public to realize the truth, and that CPS is more likely to wrongly intervene than wrongly NOT intervene. And that calling in stupid trivialities can do so much more harm than good to children.
My children have never been harmed by my actions. My children both love me and trust me. Even my nonverbal son shows he trusts me by how he interacts with me. We didn't deserve what we've gone through because of CPS. We demand justice.

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:00 am

Well, I didn't mean distributing brochures without the knowledge or cooperation of the respective offices. It would need to be done with their permission. It would probably also need to be done by someone with credentials of some sort. But it's something to keep in mind in case an opportunity ever comes up. Maybe someone will be able to get it off the ground at a later date.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

kelz03103

Postby kelz03103 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:14 am

it would be legal to pass them out outside of these buisnesses? , stand out in front of doctors offices , playgrounds (good one) daycares , schools, OFF their property of course , its a great idea! I have been know to cuase a stir here , I have almost gotten a restraining order placed on me , My lawyer let me know that the school was not happy at all with me "talking to " other parents reguarding the school violating their kids , questioning them , having a social worker spy in the school , and various other things , encouraging many many parents to move their kids to another school , no they were not happy at all , I also stood out front , to complain about the schools infestation of headlice , felt it was a public service :) have a good day all ~Kelz~ p.s. use your freedom of speech !

kelz03103

Postby kelz03103 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:25 am

I forgot the most important one , the courthouse , the family court , I think the family court is illegal in itself, above the door to every courthose it says to uphold constitutional rights , family cour clearly isn't doing that so how can it be legal , anyway , stand in front of this den of horrors and pass out brochures , flyers and support group information , maybe evn hang out in front of cps offices ;)

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:27 am

These are good ideas. However, I would dearly love to be able to reach parents before CPS shows up at their door. So much evil could be avoided if they knew they could just say, "Sorry, no, not without a warrant."

Miranda rights for parents would be a good start.

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:36 am

Daruma...it is definitely a good idea to reach parents before it happens to them. I think I've mentioned this elsewhere before, but that was the case with me. Before CPS ever came after me, I was warned about the injustice in the system by the grandmother and aunt of a child in the system. Maybe you've heard of the Jackson Bortz case in Georgia a few years ago? I was on the grandmother's mailing list when CPS took custody of Jackson's little brother Dylan, took him off life support without even letting his family say goodbye, and then took Jackson for months. The parents had several witnesses that baby Dylan had received his injuries in a fall and was not abused, but that didn't stop CPS from making a bad situation much worse. I remember the relatives telling me that you don't know how corrupt the system is unless they come after you. I researched it for months afterward, thanks to their warning. When CPS finally came after me, I knew what my rights are (and it makes them sooooo angry when parents have the nerve to question their authority!).

When we warn other parents, hopefully at least a few will believe us and be prepared. We may not always be believed, but if we never even try to speak out then there's no hope at all for the future.

kelz03103

Postby kelz03103 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:07 am

i agree in the warning before involvement , but the vultures are getting wise , and probably trained for this , i did NOT allow them in my house , told them 4 times to get a warrant , each time they came back , they brought police officers , they harrassed me at my door for hours before i finally went to a hotel for the night , with the kids, They took me to court anyway , the worker , wrote up at least a full page describing my kitchen , there is NO way she could have seen from the door , didn't matter , no one believed me . next time i will take a picture from the same point of view , wish I had thought of this at the time, the worker went on to describe my floors , counters table , and appliances , theres a dryer next to the front door , so if i have it open an inch , enough to tell a person to go get a warrant , the only thing they could possibly see is the side of my dryer , she also went on to describe an " oder " coming from my kitchen , and that the floor , she placed her foot on , admitting she had her foot in the door , was sticky . ALL of this was complete bs. I no longer open my door , at all , not ever , try a window.

rishelle hartman

what about a chain letter

Postby rishelle hartman » Sun May 15, 2011 11:44 am

what about forming a chain letter to generate money?

mina

Postby mina » Sun May 15, 2011 2:21 pm

I'm a newbie and this is what I don't understand: I keep reading how their biggest ways of establishing a case is using a messy house against someone. Their own policy manual states this by itself is not sufficient reason for intervention much less removal. It has to be proved there is a danger to the child. How are they getting away with this?

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Sun May 15, 2011 7:43 pm

Because no one challanges them.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Sun May 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Sorry, I am a Nyer, and as such, I sometimes speak quickly and in few words. They (CPS) can do what they do because most people out there in the world do not read law. And, many are hestitant to find and retain an able attorney to assist them. Likewise, CPS, does not often know the law and does as it pleases (my opinion here).

It is, therefore, imperative, that folks, beset by a CPS investigation, seek out able legal counsel. Whether it be privately retained counsel, a legal clinic, or utilizing a court appointed attorney to his or her fullest extent. Linda has info on this site on that point.

People do what they do because they "can", because no one challanges their ability to do same.

The law, in the states I have studied, does provide safe guards for parents but said parents do not know of this.

And CPS has no obligation to advise said parents of same. In fact, I have read in case law wherein CPS workers were told that their great advanatge was that parents did not know the "law".

Think with your gut and your wits. If it feels wrong, if it reads wrong, then it might just be wrong. Go out and find an attorney or a legal services group with which to confer.

Return to “Round Table”