Concerned about another family...

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

CPSptsd

Concerned about another family...

Postby CPSptsd » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:26 pm

I know of someone who is allowing a family to live in a tent in their backyard. This family (mom, dad, kids) was homeless. The other person heard about it and agreed to let them stay in their backyard in a large tent. They have access to the house for bathing and cooking.

I understand the homeowner's wishes to help this homeless family, and maybe I am paranoid but this just seems like disaster in the making. The homeowner has a minor child, grandkids who come to visit, etc. I keep thinking it is just a matter of time before someone reports this family living in the tent, CPS comes, and makes trouble for everyone involved.

Thoughts?
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering." -- The Doctor

Beatthescammers

Re: Concerned about another family...

Postby Beatthescammers » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:38 pm

Yes, CPS will arrive to kidnap the children of the family in the tent if they are called. I hope this family is able to find housing very soon. If they tell anyone in the county's housing authority that they are living in a tent, this worker may call CPS on them, also. When they go to apply for housing, I hope they use their very good friend's address and keep their mouths closed about living in a tent. CPS may also attempt to kidnap the children living in the home that have the very kind parents whom are helping their friends.

CPSptsd

Re: Concerned about another family...

Postby CPSptsd » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:51 pm

Beatthescammers wrote:Yes, CPS will arrive to kidnap the children of the family in the tent if they are called. I hope this family is able to find housing very soon. If they tell anyone in the county's housing authority that they are living in a tent, this worker may call CPS on them, also. When they go to apply for housing, I hope they use their very good friend's address and keep their mouths closed about living in a tent. CPS may also attempt to kidnap the children living in the home that have the very kind parents whom are helping their friends.

Well I shared my concerns with the homeowner. She has had a couple CPS dealings in the past, but it has been YEARS. So she tells me that the last time a CPS worker was there, that the worker told her "Your children are BLESSED to have you as a mother"... and she told me this as a way to reassure me that CPS had this "on record" and she wasn't worried. ::sigh::

She thinks, naively, like I used to, that because she is a good mom and because CPS recognized her as such, that they won't bother her or look at the number of reports over the past decade or whatever and that she has nothing to worry about.

I tried to tell her about we, too, had a CPS worker that "just loved" us, and a CPS ordered therapist that wrote glowing reviews about our functioning as a family, and then a couple malicious hotline calls written off as bull, and when it all came down to it, the CPS worker that decided to not return our daughter to us after she was removed from her father's house while on a court ordered visit, used "history with CPS" as justification. And when we begged her to talk to the previous caseworker, and the therapist, she said that their opinions were "irrelevant". :evil:

I hope she takes my words to heart.
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering." -- The Doctor

Return to “Round Table”