This worked for me! Screaming to the Legislature!

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Sarah79

This worked for me! Screaming to the Legislature!

Postby Sarah79 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:46 pm

This is what worked in my case and I advise any parent to quickly pursue to this step if they have a rotten Social Worker who lies and refuses to be reasonable.

We went to our County Commissioner Board and yelled loud and long about what CPS was doing. We also went to House of Representatives and to the Senate Majority leader and told them what CPS was doing and it worked very effectively. I had friends and family call and pressure them.

Start with the county commissioners. Go to county fairs in the state where politicians have booths at and tell your story. Ask them to call on your behalf.

Our legislature was so angry after we got done telling them what CPs was doing to our kids.

In my opinion yell loud and long don't let the false accusations make you scared to tell people. People get really mad about stuff like this once they realize it could be their kids tomorrow.

I think CPS counts on people being too embarrassed and scared to tell their stories. Also they don't want you to know other families that they are doing this to.

Eljay

Re: This worked for me! Screaming to the Legislature!

Postby Eljay » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:30 pm

So true. And they pick on people who don't have the resources to fight they by hiring lawyers, and they don't have the resources to lobby congress. Good for you for going public and exposing them.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it backfires. :( Have you seen www.saveaaliyah.com ???
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:09 pm

I am scared but there is this thing in me that is proding me on. I call it the 'Holy Spirit'

My family along with another family will be going "again" in front of all the county commissioners in a week or two to lay it all out for them what their own CPS agency is about. I believe strongly and have seen that they are on my side.

Fight, fight, fight, never say die!

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:52 pm

I complained and was threatened with incarceration for it.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:20 pm

I have heard of situations like what you are saying noroses4u2c. How did you complain and who threatened you?

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Sarah79 wrote:I have heard of situations like what you are saying noroses4u2c. How did you complain and who threatened you?

I complained to anyone I knew to or thought to complain to about it all. They found out about it and retaliated. Judge said what I did was illegal and violation of my daughter's confidentiality.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:44 am

Wow, I have heard of that. Judges don't obey the law either. They do whatever they want. There seems to be no recourse in the whole thing. We are trying to sue but need a pro bono lawyer to proceed or just one that will take payment out of settlement and it is blinding trying to find one. I want to throw my hands up and scream. I mean really...is there anything more important or essential to our freedom and piece of mind than protecting our rights and the rights of others to keep and raise their own children without fear if that is not a basic and fundamental right then we don't have any fundamental rights.

I AM SO TIRED AND WEARY OF TALKING ABOUT THE PROBLEM.....EVERYONE SAYS YES WE KNOW THERE'S A PROBLEM BUT WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT!!

Anyone know about going public like to the papers etc....we have a closed court case....so we are willing to go now.....?

survivorsofcps

Postby survivorsofcps » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:44 pm

Fox might listen to you if you can reach a live person FOX 26

momOFthree2012

Postby momOFthree2012 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:30 am

What if you went to the Commissioner already and all they did was contact your caseworker's supervisor? Where next?

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:55 am

You have to be very specific about where they have broken the law. You can't just whine... you have to state the law and how they've broken it and - most importantly - what you want done about it.

"The caseworker, Mary Smith, entered my unlocked home which is a violation of my 4th amendment rights. She fabricated a story of abuse that claims I locked my children in a closet because she found a padlock on the outside of my bedroom closet, evidence that she secured without a warrant. The children have never been in that closet - it is locked for their safety to keep them OUT. My children were taken under false pretenses and the department has no jurisdiction. Mary's supervisor, John Smith has been notified of this breach of law on 10/1, 10/4 and 10/6 yet refuses to follow the law.

My children have been out of the home for 3 weeks without cause and the trial is not for another 5 weeks. The children are in foster care and there was never any effort made to place the children with family as required by Welfare Code 345(b). The must be returned home immediately. What can you do to help?"
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:41 pm

noroses4u2c ... in most states the caseworkers are bound by confidentiality laws, but the parents are not. This is your life you're talking about ... you're not a government employee!

Unless there's a court-issued gag-order I don't see why you speaking out would violate your child's confidentiality. If you're worried your daughter wouldn't like it, then don't use her name while you're speaking out. I can see why a teenager wouldn't want her name in the news or across the internet.

I used to write about my children on the internet when they were kids but when my daughter was old enough, she decided she wanted her name removed, and I did that for her. (She's an adult now... still into internet privacy.)

Anyhow, it is not unusual for caseworkers (and others working in the system) to make things up to coerce you to fold under their power and threats. Just my opinion, but that's what I've witnessed multiple times. If there's no law or regulation in your state saying you can't talk about your daughter because she's been taken by CPS, then they're just bamboozling you, confusing you, and hoping you won't notice and that you'll be frightened by their threats.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:55 pm

The woman often credited with starting the civil war was Harriet Beecher Stowe for writing Uncle Tom's Cabin. What must be done is to effectively appeal to people's humanity (hopefully there's enough left in this country to appeal to) and make them turn it inward - "what if this was my family, my children, or my grandkids?"

HOW HOW to do that???????? A book? It would have to be by a known author to snag attention and then would that be enough I don't think so. It would have to accompany a campaign of propaganda with money behind it brochures, billboards etc..... Or a hotline for reporting Human Services abuses and a billboard with the number put up in every county in the country. And then ONE anonymous blog to have everyone from the hotline leave the name of the offenders and what they did. If we could get organized and not online where they is probably surfing through everything we are writing here....

Hey it could happen......I mean......good doesn't always loose does it? No it doesn't. It would take a miracle but God is in the business of miracles.

survivorsofcps

Postby survivorsofcps » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:32 am

i'm working on a book but still in process. It has been 2 years in the making but being a former foster child helps. After all the children don't lie ... :D
People do not believe the parents unless there is a mountain of evidence. But if enough of the foster children who were snatched speak up some people will listen. i know I have told people and most believe me.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:27 pm

LindaJM wrote:noroses4u2c ... in most states the caseworkers are bound by confidentiality laws, but the parents are not. This is your life you're talking about ... you're not a government employee!

Unless there's a court-issued gag-order I don't see why you speaking out would violate your child's confidentiality. If you're worried your daughter wouldn't like it, then don't use her name while you're speaking out. I can see why a teenager wouldn't want her name in the news or across the internet.

I used to write about my children on the internet when they were kids but when my daughter was old enough, she decided she wanted her name removed, and I did that for her. (She's an adult now... still into internet privacy.)

Anyhow, it is not unusual for caseworkers (and others working in the system) to make things up to coerce you to fold under their power and threats. Just my opinion, but that's what I've witnessed multiple times. If there's no law or regulation in your state saying you can't talk about your daughter because she's been taken by CPS, then they're just bamboozling you, confusing you, and hoping you won't notice and that you'll be frightened by their threats.

Last year I briefly had a blog where I posted some proof of their lies. My daughter's name was blacked out. She was not identified. The judge went ballistic and immediately ordered it down under threat of incarceration and said I had broke the law by posting confidential information. They basically made me shut up.

The case worker even stole evidence I had of my ex's violence from my home and it was my word against hers that it ever even existed. Of course she was the one believed.

I had spent so much time creating a paper trail of my ex's violence and it was for nothing. What he didn't have erased this woman came in and stole.

I intend to put the blog back up after I'm done with my thesis and master's degree.

I'm homeless right now. I've been trying to find a place to live, but landlords around here refuse to even rent to me. I have to move far away from this place. I'm going to finish the master's degree though. It will be a worthless piece of paper, but I worked too hard on this degree to not even get it.

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Yes survivorofcps. You are right that it is more impactful when it is one of your own kids speaking up in this case you. My kids are chomping at the bit to tell on CPS.

survivorsofcps

Postby survivorsofcps » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:48 pm

too bad my mom isn't here to hear me say it.

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:25 pm

too bad my mom isn't here to hear me say it

I am so sorry that she isn't that would be so healing for her to hear you say.

survivorsofcps

Postby survivorsofcps » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:04 am

Yeah i think about her all the time and wonder how many of the people out there that are accused by cps are like her.

fatherofthree

Postby fatherofthree » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:36 pm

Depending on the noise, it can work. I have been assigned to re-investigate cases and the outcome was 180% from where they had it. In one such case there were terminations. This doesn't mean that happens in all cases, or is even the norm, but I can say it did work for one family.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney and am not providing legal advice.

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:05 pm

That is the key NOISE!!!!'

We had a fleet of people calling mad on our behalf ( I didn't even know they were doing it) so by the time we got on the scene in their office they were like "oh yes Ma'am what can we do for you!" "oh, yes we will take care of it right now." But we had them a little bit scared. One of our friend called (unbeknowst to us) and said "hey one of these days these people are going to get a movie made about them and you want to make sure you are being portrayed in the way you want to be!" Yep......I still talk to the commissioners every couple weeks and they take notice of me cause they know that people are watching and are not happy! They want to be prortrayed well..

Anyone should be able to drum up about 5 to 10 people to call on their behalf. BEG crawl.....anything ask your co workers as your friends family etc........I never did so much crawling on my belly than I did when they took our kids. I just made myself a fool.....pathetic...... ask your neighbors I mean give a bum 10 bucks anything.....these are your KIDS!!! So make enough noise AND THEN go on there. Don't just send a wimpy email or write it won't work. Have you seen the movie mega mind? Where he comes out on his tongue and says P.R.E.S.E.N.T.A.T.I.O.N.!!!!!! No joke! :wink:

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:17 pm

Seriously!! I know I am being ridiculous but watch the movie Mega Mind how this little teeny twerp pumped himself up and made himself menacing.....and he was really nothing.....
I guess there's life lessons to be learned in the most silly things. When I won my criminal trial my kids said to me "Mom what are you going to do now?" I mustered up my best MegaMind and said "Think of the most terrible evil and multiply it by six!!!"" ROTFL "and I will get back to You!!"

Sorry most of the time I am a sane human being but once in a while you just gotta laugh or you will loose your mind! These people are so ridiculous! Put on some nice clothes and stomp on in there! Make them listen! nicely.....

Return to “Round Table”