I also have an "ignorant" question but... RE: Adoption

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

FreedomNow

I also have an "ignorant" question but... RE: Adoption

Postby FreedomNow » Wed May 01, 2013 10:04 am

WHERE do adoption agencies "get" their children?

I've never thought much about the logistics of adoption... can anyone clarify for me? I imagine there's multiple sources...

It's just that after this experience with CPS I had an email from a friend saying she just signed on with an adoption agency... and my blood ran cold.

I want to make sure I'm not overreacting, and that somehow I can support them... somehow!...

right now I just have visions of some federal-CPS-sucking bottom-feeder snatching a child like baby Sammy and giving them to innocent, unaware people like my friends!... ??? I can't even write my friend a happy email until I wrap my mind around this whole thing!

maybe I should ask a better question too: ***when working with an adoption agency, is there any way to ensure that a prospective baby or toddler did *not* come from the clutches of CPS/"protective services"???***

FreedomNow

Re: I also have an "ignorant" question but... RE: Adoption

Postby FreedomNow » Thu May 02, 2013 11:19 am

I did just find this... still a little confused, but now if I'm starting to understand things correctly, I wanna find out what adoption agency my friends are using and *hope* it is out of this network! and no current or historical connections with CPS, at all! Please please.

http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Adoption_an ... rivate.asp

treytrey1

Postby treytrey1 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:52 am

There are agencys that work with expectant mothers who are looking to have their baby adopted out. These are clean adoptions
as far as I can tell. The prospective parents make up scrapbooks on themselves and their family so that any expectant mother can read
about them. This way the mother chooses who the child goes to. My sister is doing that. The agency does a home inspection and background
check on the prospective parents.

FreedomNow

Postby FreedomNow » Fri May 03, 2013 1:05 pm

oh ok thank you so much for that info about "clean" adoptions!

when I see her next, I might subtly gently do some friendly digging with my friend to find out how she chose her agency... hopefully that will yield some info. I *don't* want her going down the path of doom! ...Fortunately I think there's a good chance she's working with one of those clean agencies. *thumbs-up*

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Sun May 05, 2013 8:04 pm

I remember going to the health center at college one time, sitting in the waiting room. There were two large binders filled with "letters" from families wanting to adopt. Hear-tugging letters with pictures of couples, sometimes with a child and wanting to add siblings. Clearly they were targeting crisis pregnancies, but I thought it a perfect coupling of needs.

On the international adoption market, knowing people who have adopted from multiple countries, Korea is the way to go. If I'm remembering, they won't adopt out once the child is over 18 months old, and they don't want the parents coming to Korea... they bring the kid to you.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Mon May 06, 2013 2:56 am

It could be that it is a "private" adoption agency and they do not use the foster mill warehouses as a commodity. If it is a non profit you can check it's guidestar status or tax form 990's, which are publicly accessible documents and can see where they pull their funding from. If they are getting receiving funds from cps offices as adoption contractors, as most FFA's are (Foster Family Agency), then they could and imo be participating in conspiring to terminate parental rights in an unconstitutional and nazi like way.

That's just my personal experience with adoption agencies.

Depending on geographic area, some places use pennysaver or craigslist to find surrogate mothers when they choose to adopt. I just know that adopting children in this country has become a financially incentivized industry where children are now commodities for the state. The financial incentive to "displace" children by foster care, guardianship and adoption far outweighs any motivation for the state to want to re-unify parents and children.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

FreedomNow

Postby FreedomNow » Thu May 09, 2013 10:01 am

monkette31 wrote:It could be that it is a "private" adoption agency and they do not use the foster mill warehouses as a commodity. If it is a non profit you can check it's guidestar status or tax form 990's, which are publicly accessible documents and can see where they pull their funding from.

Very good stuff !

Thank you monkette31!

Return to “Round Table”