CPS case file redaction?

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

thepenguinpitt

CPS case file redaction?

Postby thepenguinpitt » Fri May 03, 2013 3:01 pm

What exactly is CPS allowed to redact from your case file? I was under the impression that they could only take out stuff that could lead to someone being harmed like names, addressess, phone numbers, etc. We just got our case file and there are spots where 3-4 entire pages are missing or complete half pages are blacked out. Is there anything I can do about this, would the judge listen if I presented it to her at the status conference? I also live in Arizona where they found a computer glich that had kept people from getting alot of their case file for over a decade, does anyone know if this glich was ever fixed?

Eljay

Re: CPS case file redaction?

Postby Eljay » Sun May 05, 2013 8:22 pm

I heard about the glitch too. If I were you, I would find the news articles about the glitch and contact the author of the articles. Tell them your story and maybe he/she will want to do a follow up/human interest story on how the glitch has fouled up your lives.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:23 am

https://extranet.azdes.gov/dcyfpolicy/C ... ecords.htm

The court shall review the requested records in camera and shall balance the rights of the parties who are entitled to confidentiality against the rights of the parties who are seeking the release of the CPS information. The court may release otherwise confidential CPS information only if the rights of the parties seeking the CPS information and any benefits from releasing the CPS information outweigh the rights of the parties who are entitled to confidentiality and any harm that may result from releasing the CPS information. The court shall take reasonable steps to prevent any clearly unwarranted invasions of privacy and protect the privacy and dignity of victims of crime.

From the Arizona policy and procedure manual. Not a real secure link for Authorized users, is it?
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

fatherofthree

Postby fatherofthree » Thu May 09, 2013 4:42 pm

I know in TX they will take out anything that has to do with the reporting party. That would be the names page, their statements, ect.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney and am not providing legal advice.

Return to “Round Table”