things I cant believe they said

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

thepenguinpitt

things I cant believe they said

Postby thepenguinpitt » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:26 am

I just wanted to post a couple of the ridiculous things I have heard said during my case. Feel free to add to the list with your own unbelievable, stupid, ridiculous quotes from the mouths of CPS workers, lawyers, judges, etc. 1. The first one was during our first "team meeting" with CPS and family members, my 15 year old son had said that he has never gone hungry or been without a roof over his head, and this was the meeting fascilitators response "So your saying your mom feeds you popcorn and candy for dinner". I laughed out loud it was so ridiculous, I mean what in the hell kind of crap is that? Talk about twisting someones words around, no wait I guess those werent his words, they were completely made up. 2. The second one was during the so called mediation meeting. At the end of the meeting they told me to sign the documents, so I was reading over them and I didnt like the way some of it was worded, it was very confusing and unclear, so I said out loud that I didnt feel comfortable signing it because I didnt really understand what it was saying and this was the response from the guy running the mediation "I dont think Ive ever seen anyone actually read it before they signed it". Can you believe that, I mean what kind of ethics do these people operate under? To think that they would actually let someone sign legal documents knowing that they didnt read them, absolutely disgusting. 3. The third one was in a conversation with my court appointed attorney,(my first one, got a new one), I was telling him that I had some names for him to add to the witness list for the trial, so I told him the first one and then the second one and started to tell him the third one when he said "Ok I think thats enough, we only need one person to say that your a good person". The names I was giving him was of the last two places where we had lived, people who saw on a daily basis the way we lived with our children and could testify that there was no neglect, and he says no thats too many we dont want to waste the courts time just calling people up to say that we are good people. That was the last straw and I fired him. If I can think of any more I will add them and please add your own. This is why I now stress the importance of recording or video taping every meeting you go into, I had read that you are supposed to do that at the beginning of my case and kind of just over looked it and boy do I wish now that I had these things on tape. It probably could have gotten my case thrown out a long time ago. So for anyone who isnt already doing it please start recording every word at every meeting, because you just never know what these people are going to say, and you need to have proof.

aidensmom

Re: things I cant believe they said

Postby aidensmom » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:22 pm

How about, you have displayed age inappropriate parenting, your son is too young to understand books but you continue to read him stories, plus infants need more alone time, don't pick him him and kiss his so much, just show the supervisor you know what is best for raising an infant and we can start to move you forward again.

The best was when my old worker told me she did not want to give me unsupervised visits because how did she know I would not take him and go walking through some dark parking lot, putting him in danger too, referring to the night he was conceived against my will. I thank god for my new worker who is a smart intellegant mom herself and seams to actually want us to succeed not just in reunification but in life down the road.

lizzy217

Postby lizzy217 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:51 pm

I had one male social worker ask my daughter if he could see her butt. I said excuse me she don't have to do that. He said I know just wanted to see if you taught her well. Are you freaking kidding me?

These people seriously need more help then anyone in this world..

Same worker well I don't see any bruises but I don't believe you so you take them to the doctor so they can check for internal bruises.. lol wow when I walked in the doctors office I told him what they told me he said here give me that form I don't need to check nothing because I see your kids regularly and you are a wonderful mom.

susanheffley

Postby susanheffley » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:58 pm

shocking, if you can't record write it down, I would have told that person, why do you feed your kids popcorn and candy are you recommending that I feed my child that, I would get into it with them, natural reaction do they even have children, anyone who doesn't have children shouldn't be allowed to work with them.

If they asked to see my child's butt, I would have reported them inappropriate request, child is witness.

Internal bruising, you should have asked him what medical qualifications, he had to request this, what reason, put it in writing, sign and date it, and I would mail a registered letter asking him for his response and write what he asked you to do and make a copy of your letter, let him request it to you in written format, written evidence from a non medical professional regarding internal bruising, now unless he has xray vision, see what response you get.

susanheffley

Postby susanheffley » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:07 pm

sign nothing, request time to read it or have your lawyer go over it, people never read it, I would tell him your not doing your job very well then, I'm sure it states in their procedures they are meant to explain things to parent's I sign nothing take it to my lawyer if it takes 2 weeks so be it, you have a right to legal advice and if you do sign it make sure you write that you have not properly read it or have no knowledge of what you are signing, at very start I signed a form to show I had received it I called them back told them to give me it back and the pen and wrote a short paragraph explaining this, and if they do give you something to look over at home make a copy of it after you sign it. The thing's people have to do.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:23 pm

Don't sign anything, even after you look it over. A case plan/ safety plan is a stipulation of abuse, you agree to the allegations when you sign, admitting that you need help. They will NEVER tell you that you just secured the state's right to PERMANENTLY lose your children, if they so choose. I have read a few appellate cases where it comes down to that signature. Once you sign, it's over and you have about a 50/50 chance of your child EVER returning home. the court appointed attorney is NOT your friend. they work for the same county and their job is to secure the civil conviction of child abuse, by lying and coercing parents to sign them. They usually will say something like, sign it and you will get your child back sooner. don't believe them EVER.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Return to “Round Table”