Ask court to stay at a family Shelter with daughter

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Chasia Henderson

Ask court to stay at a family Shelter with daughter

Postby Chasia Henderson » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:01 pm

Question...

My case/situation is posted in newcomer forums.

Under more normal and better circumstances, I would not be considering this but since I have very limited options for housing atm I asked cps and then the judge if I registered at a family shelter that I know of if I could regain custody of my little girl.

Like I said, this is NOT my first choice but they removed my daughter from the custody of my mother and won't give her back.

CPS said no because a family shelter is not stable housing. I know shelters suck...I don't like them. I could go on and on about how many bad things -between staff and the ppl staying there - go on there.

But I'm referring to a family shelter that you check into, have curfew, stay in a room with a bed with or without a roommate, no visitors, cameras, security, transitional housing programs, etc. Some of those are bad enough esp if you value your independence, privacy, and humanity...curfews, living with security, rude staff all up in your business.

But why is this not an ok place for me to bring my daughter as far as safety.

I am not buying their excuses.

They suspect that I use drugs which I don't and never did so they want me to drug test for no reason. I cant stand drugs. They are ruining my life abd i never even used them.

They say the place is not permanent enough because you can only stay there for a certain amount of time but isnt that the point anyway...i would want to leave asap anyay once something better comes up.

Does anyone else have experience with asking the courts to stay at a shelter and them granting your request for regained custody?

Any comments, advice welcome.

I am half a person right now without my baby.

Return to “Round Table”