Does this make sense?

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Dan Sullivan

Does this make sense?

Postby Dan Sullivan » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:38 am

A child is removed from their family by CPS and is placed in foster care.

The Judge determines that there is justification for the removal based on the information provided to the court by CPS.

CPS investigates the family.

A trial/hearing is held months later and evidence is presented to the Judge who finds that there was no maltreatment in the home to begin with.

But instead of immediately returning the child to their family CPS wants to "ease them back in."

Was the child given counseling when they were removed from the supposedly unsafe home?

No.

But now, when the child should be returned to a family that's been determined to be maltreatment free... CPS wants to take their time.

Does this make sense?

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:16 am

Dan,

No it does not make sense, but it is the same for the hundreds of times we have been told, "they can't do that." I guess I am not with it because I am sitting there thinking, "THEY DID IT, they may not be able to legally do it, but they did it."

We are experiencing that exact scenerio right now. The Judge in our son's case rule June 29th to move immediately to supervised in home visits, by July 14th to unsupervised overnight and weekend visits, and quickly to the grand children being returned. As of today there have been no overnight or weekend visits, just pick them up for a few unsupervised hours and get them back for their bedtime.

CPS feels it would be emotionally disturbing to the children and the foster aunt and uncle to just send them home so they are easing them out. BS. There was no easing out when they stole them.

Not right, not legal but the way they do business.

Gary

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:21 am

Okay, this is worse than dung!!!

If one has the Judges say on it then I think that the police should be involved because it is a court order. Take your court order and give it to them.

I know I am just spewing off....the police can be just as bad.

I just told my husband about this and he is going around the house fighting mad. We are never calm anymore about the crimes they commit against us. I knew it but, I didn't know it and now these two posts have made it clear to me that we are going to have to be prepared for this action from them when we get our granddaughter back. :twisted:
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:02 am

I think children should be eased back in to their family just as fast as they were erroneously eased out by CPS to begin with.

Sounds fair to me.

Chaco

Postby Chaco » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:12 pm

I knew it but, I didn't know it and now these two posts have made it clear to me that we are going to have to be prepared for this action from them when we get our granddaughter back.

Actually, isn't your granddaughter older? I don't think they "normally" do this with the older children. You may get lucky and they might bypass this whole thing with you. One can "hope" at least!

Good luck.

Chaco
My thought for the day.........
CPS workers are like Slinkies

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

sabrina

CPS and cour orders

Postby sabrina » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:45 pm

CPS always takes their sweet time before they comply with any court orders to return children. Why wouldn't they? They get paid for each and every day they have custody. CPS could care less about court orders, after all, what court in this land would hold them liable for disregarding a court order?
When the Judge ordered our child be returned immediately the SW informed us she couldn't go get him because it was RAINING too hard. The truth is, she didn't have a clue where he was. My son had left the foster home and was staying with family friends in a neighboring town. My husband ran from the courthouse to go get our child and bring him home. DSS had no idea of his whereabouts.
Dan, I've known parents who have waited months after a court order before their children were finally returned.
Bear with me while I tell you about Alice. Alice lived in Texas and was moving into a new apartment. This was a dead end street so Alice could see her 3 yr. old son playing right across the way while she did her moving. A neighbor called CPS to report the child was alone. CPS immediately seized the boy. Alice was beyond hysterical. Just like the rest of us, Alice began her journey of horror. She complied, went to parenting classes etc etc. In total desparation, Alice and her friends went door to door getting a petition signed and explaining her plight to anybody who would listen. Alice emailed me every day with her updates. FINALLY, the court ordered CPS to return her son. Her long ordeal was all over.....or so she thought. CPS continued to stall and ignore the court. One day I didn't hear from Alice. Many days passed and still no word. My emails to her went unanswered. Finally, I emailed another mother who I knew had contact with Alice. Her words will stay with me for the rest of my live. She said, " Alice's son was killed in the foster home before CPS would bring him home. Alice could no longer cope with the agony and she committed suicide. Her son was her life". I shut down the computer off and cried for hours. I had grown to love this young mother whom I had never personally met. All this happened over tens years ago and it still upset me.
Alice is one of the very reasons I will never give up fighting for justice and for our God given rights as American parents. Thank you for listening. My best to all, Clare

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:47 pm

That is PLAIN Stupid!

WHY take them out within seconds and fast, which causes irreplacable harm to their emotional state, where easing them in by days, weeks, even months, just to suit their egos? their money? Every day they spend in Foster Care, the money gets paid, once they get back to their Parents, the money stops at Foster Care. Oh yes, I forgot now, more money for Counselling!
There ya go, they have their own hidden agendas. I have heard that all before, and it is all non-sensical things nowdays. :roll:

I agree, it should be the same amount of time they took the kids out which should be within hours, not months.

Return to “Round Table”