Defending the GUILTY?

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

gideonmacleish

Defending the GUILTY?

Postby gideonmacleish » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:23 am

One of the questions I am asked when I address the topic of CPS is, what about the parents who ARE truly guilty of abuse or neglect? My response is and remains that the same reforms I advocate for CPS should apply to them as well.

See, when a parent IS guilty of abuse or neglect, they either need help in parenting, or, in worse case scenarios, they actually BELONG in jail. If a mother intentionally scalds her child as punishment, that's a sickness. And it should be treated or punished. As it stands, however, CPS would take her children, but because the investigation had been compromised by the investigative process, there would be no strong basis for criminal prosecution, the obvious next step where clear abuse/neglect is involved. The mother would then be free to move on to another state where she could do the same thing she did before, without the warning signs that should be present for such flagrant abuse.

Evidence shows, however, that the majority of parents who are targetted by CPS action are NOT guilty of abuse or neglect. Whether guilty or innocent, the parents deserve their day in court. Too many are NOT getting it.

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:22 pm

All investigations, all case plans, all treatments should be done in strict accord with the Law. The problem all of us have would be solved if these jackasses just obeyed the Law.

Every single person who actually abuses a child has committed a crime, has broken the law and should be investigated and tried by our experienced and trained Criminal System and in Criminal Court. If they are indeed found guilty by a Jury of Criminally hurting a child they need to be put away. In the case of Sexual Predators and Molestors, forever. They seem beyond rehabilitation and do it again and again until we read the news report of the rape and murder of a small child.

gideonmacleish

Postby gideonmacleish » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:50 am

Exactly, Gary. If CPS is allowed to continue to operate as it does, I can almost certainly assure you that the guilty will walk. Because the evidence gathering process is so tainted that virtually NOTHING they gather is admissable in a criminal trial. This is why almost all CPS cases are CIVIL trials, which require a "preponderance of evidence", rather than guilt "beyond reasonable doubt".

A system where the guilty go free and the innocent are unduly punished is a system we should fight to destroy.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:23 pm

Yes, that is what's happening and I am getting to believe that the case is because THEY are abusers themselves. They abuses Children too as well. Same goes for Foster Care System, the Foster Parents abuses the Children, so three for three are actually abusers themselves. It is indeed sick system going on. They are just plain and flat out Sadistic People I have ever seen in my whole life. They actually enjoys and gets pleasure of seeing Families go through unncessary treatment, "just" because they are innocent, and WERE NOT Abused, so they decided to abuse them through the System. :roll:

There is a saying in Africa, where: If the Country is going to be cured, they have to rape an innocent virign girl in order to get what they wanted. This is what CPS Does to Families by raping them into the System. They let the others away because they don't see anything wrong with it, and they are glad that the Children are abused. It is the ones that are actually not abused, and decided to abuse them into the System just to get "abused". It is confusing, I know, BUT that is just to show you how corrupt the system goes. I know it is probably wrong saying this but in a way, the CPS actually enjoys seeing Children go through than to let the actual Abusers go out and free. You know what I mean?

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:12 pm

I so agree,, what about the guide lines they are to go by? Are these laws made and then hidden? Also what about the stories we hear of some babies who just go missing? Like the 3 yr old little girl in Ga.? and no investigation done to find where this baby is? It made me sick when I saw it on TV and it was the babies mom who was on the news asking why her baby just disappears from her foater home with no one thinking is was odd,, SHE WAS 3 YRS OLD! Another case of injustice,, God bless and protect these babies,,, please Lord.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:22 pm

The Odds, that this 3 yrs old is already adopted out, secretly. That is why there is a disappearing act. It happened on several occasions like the one in Florida, the black Girl went missing, and no one found her, she was in Foster Care System, and I believe she was between the ages 3 to 5 yrs old. No one found her since. What happened was that the CPS took her out of the Parent's house and put her in Foster Care and she is gone. Just like that. I do believe they are doing illegal Adoptions, (secretly) of course. Otherwise, they wouldnot have to fight the Parent's so what is the easy way to do it? Get them out and put them into disappearing act. I do believe this is happening, in very very desperate moves, and very very few numbers. But it is already making the Foster Parent looking bad for losing a 3 yrs old Child where they were supposed to be watching this kid. Sometimes this is what CPS would be willing to do, to make them look bad, than it is to reveal that the child is fine out there and already adopted out. The Odds are that it has already happened. Or she really disappeared or kidnapped by her own relatives? we don't know. It could go into both ways. But the FACT that their supervision is very, very poor in the Foster Care System. IT is sad but true. They don't watch Kids all that good. :roll: I have seen other Foster Care Parents just let the Kids run wild around the neighbourhood, and some of them are already smoking, and they are about 12 and 13 yrs old. Foster Care Parents didn't care as she told me herself. She comes over here telling me that her Foster Care Parents don't care about what she does as long they get a check, and her real Parents lives down the road from us, and I know her real Parents very very well. They try so hard, and CPS makes them look bad. One of her daughters are diabetic and the mother always watches her level and gives her shots, and guess what? She stays with the Mother while the older Sister goes to the Foster Parent?

Strange indeed.

MoodyCat

Postby MoodyCat » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:25 pm

I was on the reporting side about 7yrs ago. Living in a small town in Upstate New York, everyone knows everyone. I work as an EMT and one snowy Feb morning my partner and I delivered a baby on some apt stairs. The mom had already lost one child due to abuse and neglect (sp?).

3 months after the child was born my partner and I decided to give the new mom a rest and volunteer to have the baby overnight. (My partner was a single mom to an 18 month old then.) Mom packed a bag w/ 3 days worth of clothes, stated she had no formula and only had 2 diapers. When my partner brought the baby back to the house my jaw dropped. The child literally looked like an alien she was that malnourished and neglected (head was deformed from spending all her time on her back) We video taped her and had our deputy friend come and take a look at her. When my partner tried to return the child the next morning, it took her 12 hrs b/c the mother never returned home until that evening (mom lived 6 houses from my partner's house.)

The last straw came when we were out walking a month later and mom had the baby in nothing but a diaper up on the main street and it was between 55 & 60 degrees out (even mom was wearing a light jacket. We attempted to contact CPS and we were told b/c we didn't have the exact house # that they could not do anything. A couple more weeks went by and one night mom was having a party and someone gave the baby beer (mom called my partner to find out what she should do, but hung up when my partner said she needed medical attention.) My partner called CPS with the house # this time, but b/c she didn't have the apt #, once again nothing could be done, by this time the exact location of the house, with the exact location and description of the apt had been given.

2 months later, while I was working @ camp for children and adults with developmental and physical disabilities I was listening to the news on the radio. It seems mom had joined the carnival and had left baby home alone for 6 days before anyone called it in. She had been found and arrested in the next county. (When mom was booked at the county jail...... she had a positive pregnancy test.)

When it matters, nothing can be done to stop abuse/maltreatment/neglect, and when someone does it in retaliation and false, the whole calvalry is called out.

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:16 pm

MoodyCat
man,, when I read your story it all floods,, I too called cps on a single mother in Iowa that left for 4 minor kids alone for weeks at a time, the youngest, which was the same age as my yougest daughter, would come to our house sometimes late at night and ask for something to eat,, the kids would be left sometimes for a month with no electric,heat,or food and the mother never did anything. After I called the mother got tipped to it and cleaned things up till no one was watching her then back at it,,,, you see,, too many get away with this BS and innocent one's lose their children,, it's a double negitive no matter how you look at it,, the biggest sadness to me is the kids that suffer cause that ALL of them no matter what side they are on.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:45 pm

I agree RKyeser: They don't really care, all they care about is hurting the innocents. It is like they like abuses going on, and do nothing about it, it is a double edged sword they are playing with. They would RATHER pick on the innocent ones, than the ones that need desperate attention, and help, but they turn their heads and turn on the innocents that don't really need the attention, because it is easy prey and it makes the most money on healthy kids instead of malnorished kids because they know it has to be returned to the Parents regardless because no one can make money off of abused Children, but unabused children makes the most money. :roll:

Sad but true, what do you recoken WHY there are so many kids so healthy on Adopted list?

exactly! it never mentioned of malnornished or anything like that, it is mostly on disorders, or other significant neglect charges, or physical abuse, their favourite "sexual abuse" because it make good money on Therapies and for their services/ service providers. I also have seen lots of Kids that has been turned away where they need help the most, because that is not where CPS wants, it is WHERE the most vunerable ones are, is what they are targeting on, the innocents and unabused ones.

Return to “Round Table”