Can ANYONE answer this??????

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mushiesmom

Can ANYONE answer this??????

Postby mushiesmom » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:56 pm

For the past 4 days I have been asking people (for a paper I am working on) of various age groups the oldest being 91 (incredible woman!!) And out of say the 200-250 people I have asked only 11 were able to answer. Now don't cheat and look it up. I am trying to use acurate info. The question is: What is the golden rule? Now remember please don't cheat. Just see if you know the answer, because it just might surprise you if you don't.

Dan Sullivan

Re: Can ANYONE answer this??????

Postby Dan Sullivan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:32 pm

mushiesmom wrote:For the past 4 days I have been asking people (for a paper I am working on) of various age groups the oldest being 91 (incredible woman!!) And out of say the 200-250 people I have asked only 11 were able to answer. Now don't cheat and look it up. I am trying to use acurate info. The question is: What is the golden rule? Now remember please don't cheat. Just see if you know the answer, because it just might surprise you if you don't.

I got it right.

It's been my guiding light for my whole life.

Ten years of Catholic school.

Best, Dan Sullivan

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:59 pm

I know the Golden Rule, but if we answer you to prove we know it then the question becomes moot because everyone will know the correct answer.

I understand your point. It is quite largely why we are having the problems we are having with CPS and the out of control government in general. It runs far deeper than not knowing the golden rule. As you can read on this site most people don't even know how our government works or how the politicians are elected.

The apathy of the American voter amazes me. The ignorance of the American voter amazes me. The waiting for someone to do it for me attitude of the general American public amazes me. The fact that we remove the Ten Commandments from the schools and disallow references to Christian religions in schools and disallow references to God in schools AND THEN EXPECT PEOPLE TO KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG AMAZES ME.

makaylasmemaw

golden rule

Postby makaylasmemaw » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:14 am

The answer is simple. The man with the gold makes the rules!!
There is no greater sound than a child's laugh.

mushiesmom

Postby mushiesmom » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:06 am

Mr. Shaw,
Right on target and exactly my point. But citizens as a whole have allowed this to happen. My grandmother calls these people "kitchen crabbers" or "front porch talkers" meaning that everyone LOVES to sit around and complain about all the things wrong but when it comes right down to it society is to selfish and self abosorbed to get invovled. And even the ones that will stand up and fight end up most of the time fighting amongst themselves. Seems that everone just wants to be right and only do things for their own personal gain. And I was going to use The Ten Commandments as my topic but that paper would have been very short. No one knows what those are anymore. I know I do and I also know when I meet my maker, he will know my name and have time for me because I have done that for Him.

And Makaylasmemaw,

No thats not it it just appears that way because people allowed it to. Sad right?

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:44 pm

Do unto others and then run like hell! -humor

daddyanddede

pos subject

Postby daddyanddede » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:06 pm

would like to say GOD SET THE GOLDLEN RULE UP do unto others as you would have them do unto youbut MAN COMES ALONG AND CHANGES IT TO DO TO THE OTHER FELLOW WHAT HE IS GOING TO DO TO YOU ONLY THING DO HIM FIRST
:evil: :twisted: Cottenmouth a VERY PO old man

dasuberding

Postby dasuberding » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:46 am

Here's some old testament for you, "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth".

Return to “Round Table”