THOUGHTS ABOUT THE FIGHT, OR LACK THERE OF

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Gary Shaw

THOUGHTS ABOUT THE FIGHT, OR LACK THERE OF

Postby Gary Shaw » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:30 pm

SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE FIGHT, OR LACK THERE OF. March 18, 2006 Page One

1. I have been pondering our fight to FixCPS. The only absolute I can come up with is that so far there have not been any significant accomplishments. The situation has only gotten worse when you look at the increase in the number of families that have been subjected to this Criminal Abuse at the hands of CPS. Especially when you look at the tremendous increase in the number of unfounded cases that had resulted in the child/ren being removed from their home for some period of time.

2. I have gone back and looked at the actions and methods of others before us. As with many on this site today, there were some very intelligent, very capable, and very dedicated people actively researching and resisting CPS, starting almost immediately after the passing of CAPTA in 1977. When I read their research, when I read their advice and when I read their comments, I realized they found the same things we are finding today.

3. What prompted this is the link posted last night by redneckdad to “A Guide for Parents” from cps watch. I have been there before and have read it before but at that time it did not register because at that time I was just starting to become knowledgeable of the magnitude of the problem. Today we are still finding and recommending the same information and sources referenced in that excellent Guide. Someone else just yesterday brought one of good dad’s posts from April, 2005 back to the top. He was aware then of the numbers and needs.

4. Many people are not willing to put forth the effort and take the time to learn, but there are hundreds, maybe thousands today who are willing. A great many of them visit and post on this site. It begs the question, “If this knowledge has been known for so many years and by so many capable people, why haven’t things improved?”

5. We call our state legislators, and get no positive response.

6. We call our Governors, and get no positive response.

7. We call our national legislators, and get no positive response.

8. We call our President, and get no positive response.

9. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM, WHAT ARE WE DOING WRONG?

SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE FIGHT, OR THE LACK THEREOF
March 18, 2006 Page Two

10. I think it is time for serious considerations to determine WHY. I think it is a time to lay aside personal political beliefs, personal religious beliefs, political correctness and judgments of others lifestyles. I think it is time to come together as a cohesive unit, following a single agenda. To cause Child Protective Services by whatever name to operate in a totally legal and constitutional manner.

IN MY OPINION, ONLY:

1. It is a given that, left unattended and unsupervised any government agency will exceed it’s authority and will come to abuse the very people it is intended to help.
WE MUST LOBBY FOR A CPS OVERVIEW TASK FORCE IN EVERY STATE TO INSURE THAT THEY OPERATE UNDER AND AS ALLOWED BY THE LAW. THEY DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO ADD THEIR OWN INTERPRETATIONS TO THE LAWS. EVERY CASE IS HANDLED IN A LEGAL AND CONSTITUTIONALLY CORRECT MANNER. EVERY REMOVAL OF A CHILD FROM THEIR NATURAL PARENTAL HOME IS ONLY DONE WITH AN ORDER OF THE COURT HAVING JURISDICTION.

2. CAPTA (Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act, 1977) plainly states the intent of the law is to protect children from SERIOUS Physical Abuse and SERIOUS Neglect (emphasis added). The Adoption and Safe Families Act of 1997 repeat that the intent is to protect children from Serious Abuse and Neglect. There have been a total of eighteen federal laws passed that deal with Child Welfare, none of them define what constitutes child abuse and neglect and more specifically none define what IS NOT CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT. The abuses to families and children have come from CPS subjectively interpreting and adding to the law, to include simple neglect as deprivation.
WE MUST LOBBY OUR LEGISLATORS BOTH STATE AND FEDERAL FOR LEGISLATION THAT WILL NOT ALLOW THE SUBJECTIVE INTERPRETATION OF THE LAW BY A CPS WORKER NOR THEIR HIRED PROFESSIONALS AND WILL PROVIDE PENALTIES FOR THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO NOT FOLLOW THE LAW. WE MUST LOBBY OUR LEGISLATORS TO PASS LAWS THAT DEFINE CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT AND SPECIFICALLY OUTLINE WHAT IS NOT CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT BUT SIMPLY AN INDIVIDUAL PARENTS METHOD OF PARENTING OR LIVING.

SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE FIGHT, OR LACK THEREOF
March 18, 2006 Page Three

3. For it to work enough of us have to come together in a coalition (so you won’t have to look it up, coalition: a temporary union for a common purpose) with the sole agenda of lobbying our legislators. They will not listen to us one at a time. We have all been rebuffed time and again when we act alone. If we are a group that represents enough votes to exceed their margin of victory in their last campaign, THEY WILL LISTEN, AND THEY WILL ACT. Bush got 52,000,000 popular votes and Kerry got over 49,000,000. We do not need 50,000,000 votes to get their attention; we need the margin of victory. Every year there are over one and one-half million CPS investigations. That should be six million angered parents minimum whom if registered to vote and determined to vote only for a candidate who will act on this atrocity, will have the votes to change the outcome of the next Presidential Election.

4. The necessary votes to cover the margin reduce exponentially for US Representative, US Senators, State Representatives, and State Senators because their margins of victory are much less and the number of votes received are much less.

There are many on this site and other sites who wish only to advocate for parents and children who are caught in the trap of CPS. That is a very necessary and admirable goal and task. However, while we advocate for the families as we are exposed to them and their needs 1,478 children are removed from their families everyday, seven days a week. So far today there have been four requests for help on this site, we desperately need to also work for changes in the operations of Child Protective Services to afford protection to the 1,474 that we missed today. I have nothing but praise for those of you who spend so much of your time to do the research, to organize your information and to give guidance and advice to the hurting families. I only hope we can all find a little more time and energy to do more research and to learn how to become effective lobbyists to cause the changes we all know must be made to fix the problem.

I pray that I will learn the answers and the way. We face an extremely powerful enemy. An enemy who has become very well entrenched over the years of no oversight and control. An enemy who has the general population of America on their side, because they think this is the best way to protect the children.

I would like to see a thread or a website where all who would could sign up to show their support and intentions. Simply list their names, state, and present party affiliation and their absolute resolve to never vote along party lines again but only for Candidates who will make all government agencies operate legally.

momof3

Postby momof3 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:23 pm

Very well said. I am all for whatever it takes to make changes. Everyone needs to come together and be heard. I think the big problem is people are embarrassed thinking they are the only ones that have been through the CPS nightmare, and are afraid to speak out.

I find when I start speaking to people about our experience, they start to tell their own stories, and are surprised that they are not the only ones. It's time for change. I will do what it takes to help make change and encourage others to do the same.

hls94137

Postby hls94137 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:41 pm

Because of this dealing with cps and seeing the HUGE effect they have on innocent people I have just sent in my form to become a registered voter. I was unable to vote in the past due to prior felony convictions. And even once i became eligible i didnt register. This is another area that CPS uses to their advantage. Alot of the ones affected by them are convicted felons that cant vote and they know this. Its important that all felons that can restore their right to vote do so IMMEDIATLY.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:57 pm

I was thinking awhile ago about even basic ways of "carrying the sign" about CPS...

I play at a few different game sites and Leagues on-line.

One name I use is: reformCPSpolicys (thanks dazee :wink: )
with a looong profile about the agency..With different links for info..

You wouldn't believe the amount of people drawn to it to ask questions or say they know someone with a case...

I've asked in lobbies, how many have had or know someone who had a case that they knew were false allegations..25 out of 60 people one time, in one lobby,from all over the world..

Any way the public can be informed in a positive way is a big plus :wink:

P.S. Gary...I agree we need to take back our government
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:44 am

10. I think it is time for serious considerations to determine WHY. I think it is a time to lay aside personal political beliefs, personal religious beliefs, political correctness and judgments of others lifestyles. I think it is time to come together as a cohesive unit, following a single agenda. To cause Child Protective Services by whatever name to operate in a totally legal and constitutional manner.

I have had rambling thoughts lately about how we could go about getting people together. Also it is 3:30 a. m. and I may wake up in the late morning wondering why I posted such a post.

It seems as if demonstrations are not successful. A few handful come out, but most are afraid of being seen or fearful that their neighbors, bosses, fellow employees would recognize them.
Demonstrations have worn themselves out. People look at them the way they look at everything else; it is, ho hum, another group demonstrating. And for us to demonstrate is even worse because the majority of the country feel we deserve it.

I suggest a convention. A convention not to demonstrate, but to pull our resources together. In doing this I believe more of the American people will believe that there is something very wrong in our society if we are holding a convention instead of a demonstration.

Contact the authors who have written books about cps, Baby Gregory's mother who is appearing in GA on behalf of the parents there this Monday the 27th, lawyers who fight cps. Fosters who have aged out like Larry who posted on the site.

Display the names of politicians from every state who have supported cps. Maybe making signs or banners showing that we will not vote for them this coming election.

Invite the Media to listen and ask questions.

Perhaps it could be held in the state of Pennsylvania. That is where our rights were given to us and that is where we should take them back.

Design a flag that can be hung.

3. For it to work enough of us have to come together in a coalition (so you won’t have to look it up, coalition: a temporary union for a common purpose) with the sole agenda of lobbying our legislators.

We could do this at a convention.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:20 am

dazeemay, I have pondered how to get people together face to face to format the agenda and start doing something. My small mind has thought of small groups simply visiting with each other. The convention is a wonderful idea. Politicians do that all the time when campaigning, they call them Rallies and people do come. Maybe over a period of time hold a number of them around the country, most of the people that CPS oppresses do not have the financial wherewithal to travel half way across the country. A well planned two day meeting would get a lot done, sign up a lot of volunteers to work, and WOULD GET MEDIA ATTENTION, every rally would get more.

Our numbers are great enough to accomplish our goal. As I said above over 2,000,000 families (4,000,000 people if two parent homes or even more when you measure the extended families) EVERY YEAR. As far back as I have found statistics (1985) the numbers seem to have been holding consistant since 1991 - 1992. That would be 30,000,000 families or as many as 75,000,000 adults effected by this madness. Less than one half of them could change the face of American politics FOREVER. Git er done.

I agree, dazeemay, good dad. You are right hls once a person has paid their debt to society they need to work on getting their rights restored and take a part in life. momof3, how right you are. Just in the last three months (our fight for our grandchildren has been going on 21 months) I have found out that my oldest son has had an experience with CPS (mandated reporter, but unfounded) and my former daughter in law also (Malicious Anonymus Reporter, also unfounded 3 times). The cashier at the store where I buy my newspapers, a secretary at a church I have been remodeling, people on the street, it is everywhere and mostly hidden because of embarrassment. Wearing the ribbon has brought out most of these.

Any action is better than sitting by waiting on the next event.

mrsmac

Postby mrsmac » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:12 pm

Yes, Gary, its coming out all over. I meet people on www.praize.com (where i hang out alot) who are having problems with cps or whose family members are having problems. I refer them to here or to Dazeemay and yourself.

One suggestion from your Canadian friend here, cause travelling is an expense many of us cant afford is to have centralize rallies/conventions in different areas like northwest/northeast/southern/etc & maybe one especially for Texas. Canadians could attend the ones in a northern state like Pennsylvania, less than half a days drive from the border. This would have to be on a trial basis to begin with of course.

Special speakers, convention area etc. is costly, but possibly people would be willing to donate their time to speak or some donate money to rent a hall.

This may sound awful but this needs to be done while we still have our freedom of speech. :shock: :cry:
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. Galations 6:2

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:28 pm

mrsmac,

Dazeemay had a very good idea for a Convention or a Rally. The demonstrations do not work. The government office buildings get some form of demonstration almost everyday, usually in the front. The people you would want to reach are very knowledgeable about avoiding them, they use the back doors.

The rallies would be a most excellent way to bring many people together on the same agenda. If we could but gain a significant following of focused people the policticians will seek us out, we do not have to demonstrate to get their attention. When they seek us out they will come to listen not tell. I experienced this first hand while managing a campaign office for Perot in 1992; it is very surprising how even a relatively small group can get their attention.

You are absolutely correct about the expense be a great hardship on some. Today I spent some time and took a map and divided it into eleven regions. I selected a city in each region (typically one of the state capital cities) based on Interstate highway access and public transportation access. In most cases the highway trip would be less than 350 miles or about one half day. The northern border regions (with Canada) are planned so that our Canadian friends could experience the same drive time so they could attend. All of Canada's major cities from New Brunswick to British Columbia would be within four hours or so.

I think pick one city in one region to hold the first. With decent attendence there we should be able to get good people with organizational skills to help arrange the future meetings. Ideally after one round of meetings we would have a nucleus of key people in each of the regions to assist in future events. The more the better.

If others are interested I would like for us to start thinking of the first rally being held in Atlanta or Macon, Georgia on July 1 and 2, 2006. In my mind this would be an organizational meeting and I chose the area because of the convience for Dazeemay and myself as well as all interested in Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Alabama, and of course all others who care to travel to be in the first rally. This group of states would be Region 4 of Fix CPS.

I also feel, if not before, at that rally we would elect Officers and agree to file paperwork to become a non-profit (IRS Code 503-C) corporation, I like the sound of Fix CPS, Inc.

Now is the time, today is the day.

Any input is most welcome.

mrsmac

Postby mrsmac » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:51 pm

Yes, Gary, that is the type of planning i was thinking of. :D

Just a thot, but would an area church even be willing to allow its building to be used. Something to look into. Many churches are concerned about social justice and helping the needy and this certainly is a need.

With monies becoming involve, non-profit (IRS Code 503-C) corporation, is something that will have to be looked into.

Everything must be topnotch, correctly done to prevent, as much as possible any negative implications.

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:08 pm

mrsmac,

I love the way you think. My wife and I were just sitting on the front porch talking (we can do that in South Georgia in the winter)about it and I told her we should first try to get a Church to work with us and let us use their building; they already have the seating, air conditioning, etc.

I think the 501-3c (sorry I missed typed in the original post) is absolutely essential. For one we can not solicit donations if we don't have it and I think as a non-profit we can substantiate to the Federal government that we can save them a lot of money if we succeed. They have many grants available for just this sort of activity from the same funding source that funds CPS.

The organization must avoid the very appearance of evil or wrong doing. They would use any error or mistake against us in the most hurtful ways. A well organized business like operation will bring a level of comfort to those on our side as well as making us appear professional and effective to those we will be trying to influence.

I can't help being excited about this. I keep coming back to see if anyone else has made comment. I just so strongly feel that nothing will be accomplished until some of us are willing to put our money and our time where our mouth is. It doesn't accomplish much to stop the overall evil for us to individually spend and inordinate amount of time researching and learning if all we do with the knowledge is tell each other. Some people are going to have to step out, openly, and tell the people who can do something about it that they work of us, at our leisure, and we insist they represent our wishes and rights.

mrsmac

Postby mrsmac » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:15 pm

Now im jealous Gary. I cant wait to sit on the porch having a coffee with my hubby. :lol: :lol: :lol: We dont do that in Ontario in March :!: :!: :!:

"The organization must avoid the very appearance of evil or wrong doing. They would use any error or mistake against us in the most hurtful ways. A well organized business like operation will bring a level of comfort to those on our side as well as making us appear professional and effective to those we will be trying to influence."

I agree 100%. We are definitely on the same wavelength.

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Mon May 01, 2006 3:40 pm

Gary:
Each state is supposed to have Citizens Review Board
that is not stacked by CPS suckups. Any family could
appeal a CPS decision to remove or other case matters
to the CRB. Iowa had one stacked with agency cronies.
Then they combined the CRB into the Foster Care Review Board.
Iowa FCRB and CRB became CFCRB but then said they
could not review CPS where kinship care is used.

Have you investigated your state's Citizen Review Board?

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Mon May 01, 2006 5:13 pm

FYI,

I'm not done with the Pennsylvania legislature's Committee on Children and Youth. The current one is headed by a retiring legislator who is doing nothing. There has been only one meeting of this Committee since I've been tracking them (September 2005) and a broken promise of Hearings. The current members of the Committee may or may not be re-elected and even if they are, some will not be on the Committee when it is re-stocked in 2007.

After the Committee is re-stocked, the members will be on it for 2 years and there will be a new Chairman. I have an agenda that I will pursue at the correct time that I am not going to disclose in this forum at this time.

What I'd like to know from those in other states, do you have a similar legislative committee in your state? If so, would you like to join me in pursuing a similar action in your state? In theory, if we do the same thing in several states, it may open up some eyes.

If you're interested, please PM me here or send me e-mail at [email protected]. I will then discuss my agenda in more detail.

I'm interested in pursuing any and all reasonable avenues, so I am not limiting my activities to just my agenda. If you guys want to pursue the convention idea, I'm open and willing to work with whoever in Pennsylvania. I believe we can work on several different fronts and we won't know what works best until we try it.

gideonmacleish

Postby gideonmacleish » Tue May 02, 2006 10:09 am

Gary,

Believe it or not, we are making headway. I was able to bring up issues with CAPTA to our party's state representative candidate in our district. I also broached the concern about the national registry.

While my campaign is badly underfunded, that doesn't need to continue. If you, and Bob, and others like you will help in educating citizens in Texas, especially in my district (House district 88 ) that there IS a candidate out there working to make change in CPS, that would help immensely. The more successful I am, the more that will help me advance the CPS "reform" platform to the national LP agenda (my goal is to have the issue written into the 2008 National Platform). The leaders of the LP WILL respond to results.

Even if adding the CPS reform agenda to our platform does not win elections, it will help us influence the "big two" parties. Usually, when third party candidates run strong around an idea, the "big two" adopt it into their own platforms. Encourage people to support the LP and its candidates and let them know this is an issue of pressing concern to them, and that there are people within their own party (refer them back to me if you wish) who can steer them to good information about the pressing need to reform this crooked system.

We are also slowly getting attention in other ways. The John Birch Society, while a "fringe" organization in many ways, is paying attention to the tragedy of parents affected by CPS, and this is a media outlet we should use. The Homeschool Legal Defense Association, which has written many great articles about defending yourself against CPS, is now supporting a Constitutional amendment affirming the rights of parents to raise their children as they see fit.

We ARE gaining momentum in this fight, and we CAN win, if we begin to organize. What we should do is begin planning strategies, holding conventions, and organizing demonstrations. We need a consistent and visible presence to win this conflict.

We have a long way to go, true, but we are headed in the right direction. I would like to see some of the better minds in the fight against CPS begin organizing an educational and informational campaign to stop CPS at the threshhold. Most rights are not asserted because people aren't aware they have them.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Tue May 02, 2006 10:45 am

gideonmacleish wrote:If you, and Bob, and others like you will help in educating citizens in Texas

I'm open but I have no clue how to do that efficiently and effectively. If I did, I would have already done that first in Monroe County, Pa. where I live, then in the rest of the state of Pennsylvania.

Do you have any reasonable workable strategy for "educating citizens" in any particularly large region?

This is the key to our cause and at the same time, the major stumbling block (we're not able to). The majority of people either are too complacent, have been duped (via propaganda) or refuse to believe CPS' true intentions or a combination. Educating them to the truth and making them understand and believe it is a very difficult task.

gideonmacleish

Postby gideonmacleish » Tue May 02, 2006 10:58 am

I do have a number of ideas, Bob, built on the model of a proven successful strategy that bears comparison to our fight: the abolitionist movement of the 1800's.

It's a multifaceted strategy that will take a LOT of time, hard work, and dedication, but that CAN win if we are diligent. I have many ideas on this that cannot/should not be shared on a public forum because 1) it is accessible by CPS snoops, and 2) parts of the strategy involve civil disobedience, and I will not post those suggestions here in deference to Linda, who has asked that we NOT use this site to advocate illegal activity.

I would be willing to participate in a private forum of activists that is invitation only and is screened to eliminate CPS stooges. I would further be willing to participate in any conferences/conventions, and even to help organize such a conference (I suggest one in the TX panhandle). But I must by necessity limit what I share in a public forum as to strategy.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Tue May 02, 2006 11:43 am

Gideon, you can set up a Yahoo Group with the limitations you want. That is, membership by invitation only and only members can view the posts in the forum. As the moderator, you invite the participants.

You can recruit members from Fight CPS (and anywhere else you like) but you have to make the decision as to their trustworthiness.

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Tue May 02, 2006 2:28 pm

Gideon,

I don't come here much anymore because I don't like seeing the best site in the fight trashed and rendered useless to perform what it was intended for. I just happened to today and noticed that Greegor had revived a post I had made in March. That peeked my interest so I read the posts.

I do not buy into the statement that we are making headway. I would agree that the word is getting out more than a year ago. Headway to me is when we start to win significant victories. We have not. CPS is removing children as often as ever and as illegally as ever.

Bringing the issues to a state representative is a good thing, we have all done that numerous times. The question is what did he/she do with the information, my guess is sympathy and understanding as you were talking and then forgotten.

I wish you luck in your campaign and will assist in any way possible. Of course you already know how difficult it is to win as an independent. I have worked in two independent candidates campaign in the past and it is a tough fight.

My opinion is that we need people who will work, not sit and opine. We need people who will share their knowledge and learning. We need people who will come out of the closet and work in the sunlight for change. We do not have to control the total number of votes and incumbent received in their last election, only the margin of victory and we have their attention and their support.

I do believe we are gaining momentum and I do believe we can WIN. We are right.

aluani

Postby aluani » Thu May 04, 2006 8:06 pm

Thank you!!!
I know that before all of this happen to our family, I never thought twice about CPS. In fact, I would do everything just not to have to deal with or be associated with anything that has CPS in it. For that I am so sorry. I never knew. I never took the time to know. It shouldn't take until we have the experience dealing with the "system" before we do somethin. You asked "WHY"? For me it started with my grandson, now it's for all of the children. In Washington state alone over 5,000 children are removed from thier families and placed with the state, why then are there only records of 3200? What happen to the other 1200? For me, that is "why".

Angela
Faith is the substance of things hoped for.
God's last name is NOT dammit"!

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Thu May 04, 2006 8:15 pm

Angela,

I am sending you a private message.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

MommysCF

Money is the root of all evil

Postby MommysCF » Thu May 11, 2006 11:23 pm

This may be short and sweet, but its my personal philosophy why we get no results. Win the lotto, who knows....maybe your money might get one case expedited results! Our children are nothing more than a commodity anymore. I have lost all faith in the justice system and our government. I am not sure there will ever be a change to it when its out right legalized, black market kidnapping!
Just an opinion....

righteousbabe

Postby righteousbabe » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:31 am

I haven't the time to read all the posts but Dazee hit on this a bit:

I think the BIGGEST obstacle we face is the STIGMA.

I will freely admit in this forum that before I had CPS in my life, I fell into that way of thinking.

When I met my GF, she had an open CPS case. She was my neighbor. I immediately formed a judgement that she "must have done something" and vowed to "watch" her to see if there was something wrong with her as a mother.

I feel so ashamed of that now, but at the time, I didn't know her, and I believed what 95% of the public believes: that CPS is only involved in SERIOUS cases where there is a REAL problem.

Man, am I eating those words now!

Still, it's tough.

My uncle, who has known me my entire life, of course, and has commented in the past several times on what a good mother I am, commented last summer (when this current mess got bad) that I had "gotten myself into the mess".

My mom let him HAVE IT. Still, it's very common, people make assumptions, even people who know you well and should know better.

So the problem is convincing people that we are NOT abusers trying to "get away with something".

To me that's the biggest hurdle.

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:12 pm

In regard to the stigma that if CPS is involved
the person must be guilty:

That is most definately NOT presumed by people
in the blue collar neighborhood where I live.

Way too many people here know better!

Did you know that the Federal definitions
for an agency to "found" a family does not
require any actual guilt at all, but simply a
"risk" in order to be counted in nthe stats
as "founded child abuse" for the purposes
of the national stats?

In other words, most of the ""real"" child abuse
listed in the database statistics isn't even
factual, but based on the "AT RISK OF" mantra.

dasuberding

Postby dasuberding » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:36 pm

Man, that's scary but not suprising. I guess, technically, we as taxpayers could hold the whole federal govt. responsible. Hopefully, in ten years time, CPS's power will be curbed or completely destroyed. If you piss off enough people, something big will eventually happen.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:22 pm

Now in the Media News, we are getting the more exposure on CPS for the frauds they are. It is cut wide open and hopefully in given time, CPS has no choice but to reform the Organization from inside out and NO MORE IMMUNITY!

Maybe this time, CPS Workers will start working right and act professional. No more threats.

I will rest easy and sleep better if that come to that.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Return to “Round Table”