Are We Living In a Police State?

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mousey

Are We Living In a Police State?

Postby mousey » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:38 pm

A new survey conducted by Computer World shows a clear majority of American citizens are opposed to government surveillance of their activities. These figures contradict claims that roughly half of Americans support domestic government wiretaps.

Polls consistently cited by proponents of the notion that President Bush is effectively above the law and can wiretap American citizens without a warrant show a slim majority support such unconstitutional measures.

A late 2005 Rasmussen poll said 64% believed the government should have the power to intercept domestic phone calls. As usual, people are intentionally misled by the way the question is framed. Mention the word 'terrorist' and some will temporarily switch off their brains and stand in line on any issue.

But when the question is stripped down to its bare bones public sentiment remains steadfastly against big brother.

71% of respondents in the Computer World poll said that government wiretaps were "never acceptable."

90% of respondents said implanted ID chips were "never acceptable."

76% believe that anonymity is important and that surveillance methods should not store any personal information.

The poll shows that people who are more educated and more intelligent are more likely to oppose big brother. The two age brackets that find surveillance most distasteful are the young, 18-25 years, and the old, over 65 years. Older Americans remember a time when America was truly free and that trading liberty for security was like trading a $100 bill for a kick in the teeth.

The emergence of the Internet as a rallying point for freedom and truth means young people are more liberty literate than the 30 and 40 somethings.

Next time you hear a control freak rant on about how everybody loves big brother and how people who are paranoid about facing the future are holding back technological development such as RFID, remind them that they do not have the support of the American people.
Don Moen my favorite Christian singer sings
God Will Make A Way
There is none greater than Jesus

mousey

Postby mousey » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:09 am

I was reading MarkMiclette posts. What they are doing is maybe what it is all going to come down too. No one wants to leave family and friends, but under the police state we are living in, I think eventually a lot of people are going to have to step out of their comfort zones. I think it would really help to get more people to do that. We are eventually going to have to have a Boston Tea Party in this country. Most people are just too comfortable watching soap operas and Wheel of Fortune. The legal system isn't working, just try calling legal aid for those who need it. They don't help, and the poor in this country basically have no access to the legal system. I would really like to know more about MarkMiclette and what they are doing. I personally don't like to see people have to suffer what they are going through but I admire their brave stance. I would hope more people in this country would be willing to take some risks to over throw this police state.

God Will Make A Way

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:41 am

I am absolutely against violence of any kind and I will only consider that avenue as a very last resort. I will not live in a police state and stay silent. I will also not live without freedom, period. I am ready and willing to give my life and my own freedom for the cause of freedom and human rights.

I am trying to work within the system to change the system. If and when I've exhausted that road, I will work outside the system to change the system.

Make no mistake, we are NOW living in a police state and our children and families are under extreme threat. If we don't work at every opportunity we have to try to change this system, we are all doomed and certainly our children and their children are doomed.

The future of humanity depends on us, here and now.

dasuberding

Postby dasuberding » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:42 am

I agree that another "Boston Tea Party" is inevitable. This is why I don't agree with the people who are constantly stating "get over your anger" and work with the system. Anger was the root of the American revolution and the Civil War and can be used for positive change. Now, I didn't rant and rage at the abductors of my son, but once my child was back home, the gloves came off!

mousey

Postby mousey » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:02 am

dasuberding, I think it is coming to the point where people are going to have to fight. I like to work through the system but most people in this country have lived too well. Wait until people start going hungry in this country. That is what it is coming too. I see people all around me in the small rural towns where I live getting backed into a corner. People are getting mad. That is why our Fore Fathers instituted the 2nd Amendment. We the people have a right to over throw and abusive government.
Our Constitutional Republic is being stolen from us. We have yet a window of opportunity to hopefuly save it, but it is closing fast. Do we still have time left to work through the system, is what I would like to know. The right to private property is being legislated out of existance.

God Will Make A Way

dasuberding

Postby dasuberding » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:21 am

I agree with you on this matter 100%.

kdddav'swife

Just wait until 2008

Postby kdddav'swife » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:51 am

That is when the Real I.D. becomes a reality. Our drivers lisences will be replaced with a national I.D. card complete with an RFID chip. Thanks to James Sensenbrenner of Wisconsin.
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin.

mousey

Postby mousey » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:18 am

All that MarkMiclette did is going to wind up happening to a lot of people. But no one can do it alone. I really think this is just the beginning. We have been heading down the road to nazism for a long time. It is picking up speed with the Bush administration and it is starting to hit sleeping people in the face. We need to wake up as fast as the Bush administration is moving, and thanks to some people like Alex Jones, the word is getting out. It is not that people are not becoming aware of the problem, it's whether people are going to be willing to step out of their comfort zone and take risks that are necessary to take. Some of us are most assuradly going to get knocked down maybe even become political prisioners.

What kind of risks did the revolutionary war heros take. Give me liberty or give me death. If they had slept like most of us do today, we would still be British.

Further more, preceeding the revolutionary war, I think most times the citizens of the colonies did indeed try to work through the system. The thing was the system was corrupt, and eventually it was necessary to make a violent change.

God Will Make A Way

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:43 am

RFID is not really worse than bar codes or Mag stripes
already used on most Drivers Licences.

The numbers are already upon us, like it or not.

My gripe isn't the numbers but HOW THEY'RE USED.

I love it when the technology backfires though!
Cedar Rapids Iowa removed WORKING video cameras from
Police cars. Guess who cameras caught doing naughties? :)

Return to “Round Table”