Protecting Aged Adults...Adult Protective Services

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mousey

Protecting Aged Adults...Adult Protective Services

Postby mousey » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:17 am

While we are talking about CPS...the same thing is happening to those who wind up in a nursing home, or the handicap. If someone who is sick, or handicap and especially those over 65 years old go into a nursing home or hospital...there is a real possibility they will not come back out. I know what nursing homes are like. I worked in one. There is really no respect in this nazi country for the sanctity of life. According to most nazis, the aged, handicapped, the incompacitated are feeders off of society.
Don Moen my favorite Christian singer sings
God Will Make A Way
There is none greater than Jesus

kdddav'swife

I know.

Postby kdddav'swife » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:38 am

That is one of the reasons why I am going to try a career in real estate. I work as an aide in a nursing home. I actually started nursing school but dropped out partially becouse of CPS. I am kind of glad that I did now becouse I really think that I need to get away from it all. I mean at home I am always worried about being accused of abuse and I constantly run that risk at work. With my husband likely to end up in a wheelchair eventually I really need to have an area of my life where there is not a risk of being accused of abuse/neglect in some way. Not to mention that I would hate to have put all that effort into becoming a nurse only to have it all ripped away if I were ever founded for abuse. I was concerned that having all those calls to the hotline would prevent me from getting a liscence anyway
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin.

mousey

Postby mousey » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:53 am

In the nursing home where I worked, it was not the nursing staff that was the problem, it was the administration. Most nursing homes are corperate, and their bottom line is the dollar. The nursing staff where I worked cared a great deal about those they were caring for. The problem was understaffing, low pay for the workers. Most of the nurses there were so overworked that they just left for new careers or jobs. The turn over rate for DN's is horrific. I saw a lot of people die in that facility because the most important thing to the nursing home was the almighty dollar. Also many people that wind up in a nursing home lose everything they own to them. Houses, farms, etc.
I know 3rd generation farms that were lost to the nursing homes. The nursing home took everything they owned, and then they died a few months later. HOW SAD THIS COUNTRY IS.
Everything these people worked for all their lives, their parents worked for, none of it went to their children. It went to HHS and the nursing homes.

God Will Make A Way

kdddav'swife

All I can say to that is....

Postby kdddav'swife » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:50 pm

I know what you mean. My goal is to be out of nursing home work by 2007.If real estate does not pan out then I will try something else and keep trying till I find my niche.
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin.

mousey

Postby mousey » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:13 am

Yeah at my ripe old age, I'm going to finish college. I have a major in Political Science. Don't know what I'll do with it. I don't want to be a politician.

God Will Make A Way

Return to “Round Table”