I just thought of this

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

grandmatotwingles

I just thought of this

Postby grandmatotwingles » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:13 am

the new poster "B" reminded me and I wanted to tell you all.

My daughter is seeing a therapist threw CPS. This therapist told her tattoos are concidered "self harm" in their eyes. Yep my daughter has a couple tattoos.. so now she is concerded a self harmer.

Amazing... I was shocked when my daughter told me that. I also have a tattoo of an angel, for a daughter who died at birth. (Incase you're wondering, she got tangled in the cord and was stillborn)

Soooooo I guess if you have any tattoos you better cover em up. :x

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:52 am

I have a couple and mine were never mentioned by anyone from court or CPS
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

grandmatotwingles

Postby grandmatotwingles » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:11 am

This was the therapist who said that not the CPS lady.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:33 am

Unbelievable.

This Therapist should not have said that. She is not qualified, nor licensed I bet. That is kind of immature comment on her part because everyone has Tattooes, everywhere...it is an Art. And a Person's choice to have them, is totally up to the Person.

I can't believe the Therapist even brought that up. Even my own Counsellor has a Tattoo? but covered up.

self harm? ridiculous.

I read Psch books and I have never seen anything about Tattoos being as self harm? I think she brought it up to see your Daughter's reaction to the needles as harming yourself?

Who knows? But then again, CPS and Therapsits, Counsellor of CPS Services would do anything to overthrow things and would pull the most ridiculous things. I even had CPS therapist force a baby bottle in my Son's mouth, and he was 9 yrs old! I think that is Emotional and Psch. Abuse on part of that Therapist. Because my Son still remembers that and would have nightmares of that portion.

Unbelievable. I even think these so called Therapists ARE NOT LICENSED< and surely NOT QUALIFIED!

Your Daughter HAS A RIGHT TO ASK FOR HER CREDENTIALS! It is in CPS Manual. Ask if she is licensed or qualified for that job. If she refused, then you know something is up. :roll: I would ask the Supervisor to ask for her Credentials. If super refuses, then you write a letter to higher up's to CPS Director of Social Services.

I don't think she is at all that qualified to make that comment.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

dasuberding

Postby dasuberding » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:39 pm

Chances are that the therapist is a licensed social worker.

mojojojogrl

omg

Postby mojojojogrl » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:19 am

that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard! I have 3 tattoos...and 15 piercings thank god you cant see most of them lol...that is exactly one of the reasons I refused to go to counseling with there counselor.....I was told that haveing there counselor say that you need counseling with them is a conflict of interest....thats the route I took and I got my own....

Momof31995

Postby Momof31995 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:13 am

that has got to be the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.My husband and i have tattoos and we have never heard one negative thing about them.Tattoos are a form of self expression.
Not harm. Sounds like your daughter is seeing a QUACK. If i was her i would tell DCFS that she will be finding her own therapist.
therapy only helps if you are able to be open and honest with them and how can you do that if you know your every thought will be reported back to the casewreckers?
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

grandmatotwingles

Postby grandmatotwingles » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:59 am

My daughter signed a paper stating the CPS worker can get "all" the reports of everything they talk about. The CPS worker threatened her that she'd take the kids if my daughter didn't sign that paper... my daughter signed it. :?

She has no insurance now that she's laid off. (thanks to CPs and all the days off she had to take for their running around) She basically has to see the CPS therapist, it's the only way she can afford it.

Her 4 yr old is also seeing a therapist threw CPS, and the CPS lady gets all those reports too.

My daughter is demanding services from the CPS lady. She want's em all. I think the CPS lady is a little confused right now. My daughter is not only taking all the services they offer but she's asking for more.

I was pretty shocked over that therapists oppinion on the tattoo thing too.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:10 am

"Religious" people take it as a form of self harm.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Return to “Round Table”