counter productive

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

lynn5067

counter productive

Postby lynn5067 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:29 am

i feel that is extremely counter productive to follow other people's post discrediting the information they are giving if someone has information stating otherwise they should start a post of their own stating their view on it

for some reason some people feel it is their job to go behind other peoples post and challenge them i don't think that will help the people who really need help

it makes this sight seem more like a battle ground for people to take their frustrations out on certain people

if i would have just joined this sight and seen the posts going on now i would not have joined there's to much arguing going on to know what is right and what is not
fighting for my family

LindaJM

Arguments

Postby LindaJM » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:51 pm

I agree with you 100% so I've locked the thread I just saw with someone posting insults and arguments, and will ban the person responsible if it happens again.

Thanks for your comment.

Linda
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Momof31995

Postby Momof31995 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:15 am

i agree that arguing is counter productive but i also agree that different opinions are necessary when presented in the right way.

Linda i also want to thank you so much for this site. I truly believe if i hadn't learned my rights from this site i would still be trying to please CPS and waiting for my children to come home. Instead they are home safe and sound where i can kiss them good night.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

lynn5067

Postby lynn5067 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:37 am

i apologize for my contribution to that thread

i think i could have handle myself a little bit better than i did

all i think i did was fuel the fire and for that i am sorry
fighting for my family

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:09 am

Lynn, you have nothing to feel sorry about. It helps us as moderators to know what the rest of the posters are thinking and posters such as Just Me should know too.

Momof31995
i agree that arguing is counter productive but i also agree that different opinions are necessary when presented in the right way.
We definitely need to have different opinions to keep us moderators in check.

Many times there are "red herrings" on this site that have a rude, arrogant,manner of speech. One can spot them easily by their criticism's and always they defend cps in one way or another. They get banned from the site, but it is very easy to reaccess a site that you have been banned from.

So as you read posts do not be dismayed by these "red herring" posters. They come and they go and we will still fight the good fight of helping parents in any way we can.

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?t=5835

Sometimes I get tired of these type of posters and wonder if it is worth it to correct their posts or not. But, at the same time I feel if I don't jump in and correct it, it would leave the new poster doubt that there is any help out there to help them combat cps. Yet it can also give the new poster the idea that we are arguing, which it is when you try to prove your point to clear the muddy water they have thrown on the topic.

It is definitely a catch 22 situation!
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

LindaJM

Glad to hear it

Postby LindaJM » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:22 am

Momof31995 wrote: they are home safe and sound where i can kiss them good night.

I am so glad to hear that your kids are home with you and that the site helped.

You have made my day... :D

Linda
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

LindaJM

The Thread

Postby LindaJM » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:24 am

lynn5067 wrote:i apologize for my contribution to that thread

Lynn, I don't think of you or the moderators as responsible for that problem. We've had board disruptors before, and they have to be eliminated if they can't co-exist peacefully.

Linda
Sample Document Library

JustMe

Postby JustMe » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:50 am

I am offended and outraged that an entire thread has been devoted to single me out and talk about me.

Dazeemay even goes as far as to suggest if not specifically that my intention was to "disrupt" the board or to distract from the real issues. This is not the case whatsoever! I am an on the side of fighting CPS as much as any of you but I do NOT agree with misleading and often inaccurate information being posted especially by moderators. Whom are granted a higher degree of trust simply because they are a mod. But with that comes a higher degree of responsibility! (Responsibility they claim is a disclaimer under their name? Most people who come here cannot afford private attorneys so what good is a disclaimer when a persons last resort is often this site?) They owe it to all of us and anyone new who joins seeking help to know if its legal in that persons state before they advise for them to do it.

Anyone who's REAL intention to help would care enough to point out when someone is being given the wrong information as much as giving the right information. But Dazeemay and gooddad have been repeating the same stuff so long they think whatever and everything they say is always right. They are not open to proof that they may be wrong. It is everyones responsibility to do no harm when giving advice, that includes making sure the information being given is accurate.

As far as that thread goes, I was indeed the one who was attacked first, I have noticed a trend here that when someone does not agree with another persons opinion, people will pop into a thread only to insult or discredit and then question that persons intentions and innapropriately I might add. What usually ends up happening is that several if not many attack one person and that person is forced to defend themselves, maybe even reacting hostile like I DID AS A RESULT OF being attacked themselves. Then what happens? The person who defended themselves gets ostracized again instead of the real issues being mentioned. And that is that opposing opinions should be respected and not attacked.

Maybe you Linda need to go back and re-read that thread in its entirety to see what really happened. My posts were respectful and decent until I started being attacked for my intentions. Surely that is obvious, why else would my tone change otherwise? The information I provided was accurate and nobody could dispute it so why should I be accused of being anything other than helpful? why was that an open invitation by lynn,dazeemay, marina and gooddad to accuse me of having wrong intentions? And to demand I answer to them And defend myself? Maybe my colorful use of adjectives was unnecesary but the insulting tone and sarcasm that attacked me was also. None of that was addressed to protect the sanctity of an open forum to promote ideas and solve problems. What you will notice is glaringly obvious is that none of the posts in response to mine in that entire thread were to discuss the issues or lagality whatsoever, they were all directed at me personally, questioning my intentions and criticizing me. Not just for having the nerve to have another interpretation but for having the nerve to post it! Instead it was reinforced to those whom were also in the wrong that it is ok to be rude, sarcastic and questions someones intentions with insults when they disagree especially when they are all on the same side and the opposing opinion has no defenders. Well you could assume nobody agreed with me but its more likely that anyone who did would be afraid of retribution by the cliche' to post it after that! Including that a moderators behavior is not above a decency standard of everyone elses.

Now it is being suggested that my advice is harmful when this is utterly ridiculous! There is not one single instance in any of my posts to suggest that my intention is to harm anyone seeking help with CPS. Nothing I have said is neither dishonest or incorrect because I take great pains to make sure I do not give inaccurate advice. I dont appreciate these games going on here whatsoever. Why dont you explain what was so terrible about my postings? Was it because I intelligently replied and opposed the information being posted by other or was it because I called Gooddad and dazee liars when he did in fact delete part of his post then accuse me of making it all up? Because I agree calling him a liar was not helpful. Neither was a moderator deleting part of his post after I quoted it and then accusing me of being crazy. He couldve let it go after that but he persisted even after I dropped it and then BOTH Dazeemay and gooddad felt the need to instigate and keep it going. I made attempts to get back on the original topic and was thwarted by this sites own moderators. I find it to be ironic that only the "reaction" is addressed instead of the "cause". I most definitely feel that I was "baited" by those two and I suppose its my own fault for falling for it. But it should not go without mention or notice since we are pointing out all my faults.

If you choose to only hear your own voice and no one elses opinions then this isnt about helping anyone at all. So again I ask is this an open forum for the exchange of advice and help regarding CPS or is this site only open to those who are willing to not question the 3 moderators and offer no advice in contrast to them?
Last edited by JustMe on Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

lynn5067

Postby lynn5067 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:46 am

you are accusing me/us of the exact same things we feel you are doing attacking people
like i said there are ways to disagree with someone with out doing it in attacking manner

you could always post your info without saying some one else info is wrong

if you think that games are being played then why be here we are not making stay you can leave at any time

if i offended you i am sorry but i am posting my feelings and my perspective on what i am seeing

you ask people when they post that they need to give more info in order for you to help them but you have not posted your story so i am asking what gives you the right to ask for their info when obviously you are not comfortable with sharing yours don't you think they have the same right not to give more info as you

you went back through my story questioning me about it and i answered but yet when i ask you about yours you ignore the request

come talk to me when you have something real to say
fighting for my family

JustMe

Postby JustMe » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:03 am

lynn5067 wrote:you are accusing me/us of the exact same things we feel you are doing attacking people
like i said there are ways to disagree with someone with out doing it in attacking manner

you could always post your info without saying some one else info is wrong

No you cant, if it is wrong it just is. Is this about not hurting peoples feelings because they cant deal with being wrong or is it about helping those who need it.

If were both doing the same thing wrong then maybe you should change as well instead of pretending I am the only one in the wrong, maybe you could point out when others do it too instead of just singling me out to look like the bad guy because its convenient.

JustMe

Postby JustMe » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:08 am

lynn5067 wrote:you ask people when they post that they need to give more info in order for you to help them but you have not posted your story so i am asking what gives you the right to ask for their info when obviously you are not comfortable with sharing yours don't you think they have the same right not to give more info as you

you went back through my story questioning me about it and i answered but yet when i ask you about yours you ignore the request

I have not ignored your question. I have previously answered it in part and I do not owe you an explanation. You are free to not answer any questions and I am not so overbearing that I feel I am owed one. I have never implied or stated that I have any "right" as you say to any answers.

I do wonder why you feel I owe you any answers though, and I also wonder why you would question any of my advice when none of it has been actually pointed out to be false or harmful.

JustMe

Postby JustMe » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:15 am

lynn5067 wrote:
come talk to me when you have something real to say

LINDA,
This is a perfect example of the baiting sarcasm that instigated the original problem. If I respond with equal disrespect as she has shown me... I will be accused of being a "red herring." This is exactly the double standard I am referring to. And what she herself posted was "counter productive". Then others will join in to attack me meanwhile never mentioning or recognizing what & who really started it.

The disrespect and dismissive tone of peoples responses to those they do not agree with needs to be addressed not encouraged by only singling out one person.

lynn5067

Postby lynn5067 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:33 am

No you cant, if it is wrong it just is. Is this about not hurting peoples feelings because they cant deal with being wrong or is it about helping those who need it.

If were both doing the same thing wrong then maybe you should change as well instead of pretending I am the only one in the wrong, maybe you could point out when others do it too instead of just singling me out to look like the bad guy because its convenient.

there are always ways of saying things with respect you have not done that

I do wonder why you feel I owe you any answers though, and I also wonder why you would question any of my advice when none of it has been actually pointed out to be false or harmful.

i am not questioning your advice just the way you present it

you owe me no answer nor do i you

This is a perfect example of the baiting sarcasm that instigated the original problem. If I respond with equal disrespect as you have shown me... I will be accused of being a "red herring." This is exactly the double standard I am referring to. And what you yourself posted was "counter productive". Then others will join in to attack me meanwhile never mentioning or recognizing what & who really started it.

you seem to think you are superior to others that you are right and everyone else is wrong, that in my opinion is the reason for my attacks as you call them on you
i am giving you the same sarcasm you have given me, does it make it right no it does not
it does not matter who started it what matters is the respect that is not being given and for that i am sorry because that makes no better than what i am accusing you of so this will be my last post to you because i think i have some really good advice i can share with people and a lot i can learn from this site without being confrontational with anyone
[/quote]
fighting for my family

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:41 am

JustMe

If I posted that link, then you made your post and I went back and deleted the link, there would be a note of it on the bottom of the post, like your 3rd post back:
Last edited by JustMe on Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:58 am; edited 3 times in total

If someone posts after you and then goes back and changes it, it shows it.

Go back and look if I edited any of mine in that thread.
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

lynn5067

Postby lynn5067 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:42 am

linda
yet again i apologize
i am requesting that you lock this thread as well and i will no longer be posting to justme
fighting for my family

JustMe

Postby JustMe » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:47 am

Like now, I am not arguing with you. I am responding very decently, what is the reason to insult me and then request it be locked? As if I did something wrong?

Maybe you have some personal issue or reason that causes you to interpret it the way you do. I cant "make" you feel anything, and I have no control or responsibility for that. I said nothing to indicate I am superior, if someone were to point out I am wrong I am willing to see it and apologise and/or retract my information.

I never said I am never wrong either, but the information I have given was right. I proved it by state law. My personal opinion is that you are unable to separate someone disagreeing with someone doing it the right or wrong way. It seems to me that if someone disagrees they are already doing it the wrong way according to you. So there is no way to do it "right."

JustMe

Postby JustMe » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:54 am

good dad wrote:JustMe

If I posted that link, then you made your post and I went back and deleted the link, there would be a note of it on the bottom of the post, like your 3rd post back:
Last edited by JustMe on Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:58 am; edited 3 times in total

If someone posts after you and then goes back and changes it, it shows it.

Go back and look if I edited any of mine in that thread.

Ok, then I am sorry. Who did post it then? Marina?
Why not just point that out then instead of portraying I am nuts? Why not just say "you made a mistake, it was Marina that posted it" and then drop it?

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:24 am

Why not just point that out then instead of portraying I am nuts?

All I asked was "show me where I posted it" :lol:
I never portrayed you as nuts...but
And this>>>> (is mean't in humor :lol: )>>> When you went on a little rant about me posting it, changing it and all of us ganging up on you over it......Ya' seemed alittle nuts :lol: j/k

I didn't even know you mean't I posted it in that thread, I started looking back at my posts in other threads :lol:

Dazee did point it out..But then you thought we were ganging up on ya'..

we got it straightened out anyway :wink:

My advice is my opinion and not legal advice

A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

LindaJM

JustMe v. Dazeemay

Postby LindaJM » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:17 am

JustMe wrote:As far as that thread goes, I was indeed the one who was attacked first,

Not true. Your first post in that thread was to attack Dazeemay's opinion of the Georgia guardianship bill. You accused her of "giving unqualified legal advice" and being "irresponsible", neither of which seemed like a reasonable reaction to what she'd posted.

I noticed that your IP# is from Wisconsin. Isn't that where Dazeemay's granddaughter was attacked by CPS? So naturally I'm wondering whether you had any part in that case, especially since you seem focused on attacking Dazeemay and trying to undermine the work she's doing on this site.

What possible other interest could you have in Georgia's guardianship laws anyhow? You don't live there.

If you want to stay on this site, you will have to give your full true name and tell us exactly why you care about helping families being unfairly accused of child abuse or neglect.

Linda
Sample Document Library

JustMe

Re: JustMe v. Dazeemay

Postby JustMe » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:52 am

LindaJM wrote:
JustMe wrote:As far as that thread goes, I was indeed the one who was attacked first,

Not true. Your first post in that thread was to attack Dazeemay's opinion of the Georgia guardianship bill. You accused her of "giving unqualified legal advice" and being "irresponsible", neither of which seemed like a reasonable reaction to what she'd posted.

I noticed that your IP# is from Wisconsin. Isn't that where Dazeemay's granddaughter was attacked by CPS? So naturally I'm wondering whether you had any part in that case, especially since you seem focused on attacking Dazeemay and trying to undermine the work she's doing on this site.

What possible other interest could you have in Georgia's guardianship laws anyhow? You don't live there.

If you want to stay on this site, you will have to give your full true name and tell us exactly why you care about helping families being unfairly accused of child abuse or neglect.

Linda

AND how does it matter in the least bit why I care? I have given nothing but GOOD advice!!!!! I HAVE GIVEN NO ADVICE TO HELP CPS AND NO ADVICE TO HURT ANYONE.

I have no interest in Georgia's laws, this all started when I tried to give some one some advice who was in NEW hapshire and that is the reason I went to look up the laws. Thats when Dazeemay went searching for laws and started a new thread directed at me about GEORGIA, she brought it up NOT me! Then she interpreted it to mean something and she is not a lawyer, so it is unqualified. She stated with certainty that it means it is legal and that is irresponsible since she is not an attorneyand because her opinion is more highly regarded because she is a moderator.

I dont have a clue where Dazeemays issues started, apparently she has no issues with it either or maybe I wouldve looked it up. What does that have to do with it anyway?
Last edited by JustMe on Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

JustMe

Postby JustMe » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:03 am

Are you kidding me??????? I dont care anything about her issues with CPS. And I most certainly have NEVER given any indication that I have any "inner" knowledge of CPS! NOR have I said anything to defend CPS! I have probably posted 90 out of 99 times on how to help fight them and you think I am one of them? Thats crazy! the other 9 are ridiculous demands that I explain myself. Why dont you explain what I have done wrong exactly except accuse someone of being unqualified and irresponsible.

You dont seem to wonder why I went and looked up Texas laws or New Hampshires for other posters along with the CPS book from there when they needed it? WHY NOT?
Last edited by JustMe on Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

JustMe

Postby JustMe » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:27 am

Dazeemay is usally the first person to say, "immediately do a notarized guardianship to protect yourself", which she is implying will protect them. If it were someone else I would be having the discussion with them and not Dazeemay. Then she claims the little disclaimer that says this is not legal advice is enough but it is legal advice.

Its not much different from me telling someone they should do open heart surgery on their son and telling them how to do it and then saying by the way, this is not medical advice. It clearly is medical advice, and that would be irresponsible and unqualified of me to do.

All I am saying is that it should be said each and every time they give the advice that they can do the notarized guardianship, its worked in some cases, and in some states. BUT that it wont work in every state so people know to continue to seek ways to protect themselves instead of letting down their guard thinking they are protected by what Dazeemay or anyone else has told them. That in my opinion is the morally responsible way.

Are you saying that is good qualified responsible advice in states where it is not legal? If that is your opinion fine I will drop it. Is it?

LindaJM

JustMe

Postby LindaJM » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:30 pm

JustMe's account has been deactivated. I am waiting for him/her to email me with a full real name as requested.

Linda
Sample Document Library

DesertSkye

Legal Advice or no

Postby DesertSkye » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:41 am

I think anyone who come son here and thinks anyone on here is giving "legal advice" and consider it wrtitten in stone has not done a good job of reading what this site is about. :roll:

We all give ADVICE on what we have seen works for ourselves or others in legal and other matters involving CPS.

Its been stated over and over and over again to research what applys to your own state laws.

Furthermore, I have never seen a guardianship actually do harm in a case......its a preventive measure and may work for many or few and not for others

However, even if it works for only ONE person on this site- it means it prevented a child(ren) from falling into the clutches of CPS.

So, isn't it advice worth giving?

Just like seatbelts save many lives they don't save every life
Does that mean we shouldn't wear them?

There are always going to be people who want to throw darts...I personally feel sorry fo rthem...

And even the "people" who were attacking us on here that were relatives of my girls...even they "offered" advice to others in other states

And I disagree NONE of the moderators on here think they have all the answers or that they are right every time...
they are here to lend a helping hand thats what this site is about
I don't see anywhere onhere that any of them have written
WHAT I SAY GOES

I guess some people just need more time to grow up than others.....
A wretched soul, bruised with adversity,
We bid be quiet when we hear it cry;
But were we burdened with like weight of pain,
As much or more we should ourselves complain.
William Shakespeare

Return to “Round Table”