Merry frigging christmas. I HATE CPS

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

stacymarks

Merry frigging christmas. I HATE CPS

Postby stacymarks » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:18 pm

I am beyond mad today. I just sent this to The Seattle PI (the Seattle newspaper) I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THEM!!!!!

I am the step mother of a child currently in the foster care system, he has been in foster care for 2 1/2 years. We are getting him back as soon as Jan 12th. We were supposed to have him for the whole weekend until Tuesday morning and my husband went to call CPS this afternoon to find out where we were picking him up. Guess what? The program was "changed" as the supervisor Fred Fistner put it, so he can be with his "family" for Christmas. The foster mother is really not a nice person to me. She has caused nothing but problems. There has been no so-called reuinification, we have had one caseworker taken from this "high profile case" (there words not mine) I am so mad right now I can hardly believe this. I am tired of this corrupt system and someone needs to expose their underhandedness. We are getting another attorney when this is all over and am sueing them up one side and down the other. Could you run a story on this problem.

lostintranslation

Postby lostintranslation » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:06 pm

Stacy,

I am so sorry to hear about this. I know you must feel beyond angry and extremely upset and disappointed. I do have a suggestion. Go over to http://groups.google.com/group/alt.supp ... k=lr&hl=en

And post a post and make it to attention Dan Sullivan. I am sure he can point you in the right direction. He has helped numerous people get their children out of foster care. I am one of those people. I will email Dan and let him know that you may post something over there to his attention. That way, he will be sure to look for it.

Good luck, hon and stay strong!
Hell hath no fury like a parent scorn

stacymarks

thanks

Postby stacymarks » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:41 am

thanks for the link. I just sent dan sullivan a message:

I found this ite by being on fightcps.com (lostintranslation) I post there under stacymarks. my husband also has a blog of all the bs we put up with regarding the previous social worker. My husband completed every service they wanted about a year and a half ago. He originally put the children into foster care because of fear of what their mother would do if he took the children. (she has been diagnosed paranoid schiz/bi-polar--in fact she is in jail right now for threatening to blow someone up--she did this at her mental health clinic) she's not right... there are 4 children total involved. 2 are his biological children we have one daughter home already. the foster mom has the 2 youngest. his son (his bio child) and a daughter that is 6 (who will more than likely be adopted by the foster mother) foster mom was told by the original social worker that there was no chance that he would ever get the kids, but he didn't give up. we are trying for 3rd party custody, talked to an attorney had the paperwork drawn up and mom wouldn't sign. now mom had trial to have her rights terminated this past week for the 6 year old (we are not aware of what happened as of yet) but being she is in jail for the threat I am sure her rights were terminated. All we want is for all the kids to be able to see each other and keep the family bonds together. we did a deposition for immeadiate return home and have been trying to fax it to his lawyer this whole past week, but with Seatttle's windstorm his power must have been out. Now CPS tells us that we could have filed the paperwork ourselves???? I don't get it. We are doing PCIT (parent child interactive therapy) and the PCIT person had a calendar sent to us showing that his son would be with us for the weekends plus some times during the week until he was returned home. They have completely ignored this and as they put it "dropped the ball" so now wer have to "deal with it" I am so sick of them and their underhandedness. what can we do?

Return to “Round Table”