Don't they get Tired? (Judges, Courts, Lawyers)

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Frustrated

Don't they get Tired? (Judges, Courts, Lawyers)

Postby Frustrated » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:14 am

Don't they (Judges, Lawyers, etc) get Tired?

Of hearing Cases after Cases for Years on end...???

Is it just because they have to by Law?
Is it because they are getting Money for it so they keep on hearing them?
Don't they get suspicious of so many Cases against Families?

Just wondering on their Thoughts:

Don't they get tired of hearing Cases like forever?

I would be Tired of hearing it over and over....

But probably gladly if I get a Millions of Dollars or Thousands of Dollars for just doing that...I would.
For a Different Case.

I wouldn't for a Family Case, never.

Not for a Millions of Dollars.
Because I have been in their shoes, I know what it felt like.
Sheer Horror and Harrassment and Threats.
It is not worth hearing it.

How can they sleep at night?!
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:20 pm

They LIE to themselves a lot. They exaggerate "risk" and call it actual abuse and neglect. They think only of the EXTREME cases and try to pretend the trivia cases are horror stories.

Many of them started into this crusade because they were
abused or at least tell themselves they were, and they
mentally imagine abuse behind EVERY door.

We had a caseworker who IMAGINED we had domestic
abuse, and got away with it because of my 11 year old
convictions (my ex was severely bipolar and the primary
perpetrator.)

Ironically as it turns out this caseworker was HERSELF
living in a relationship with real and HARDCORE
domestic violence. (Gory photos, black and blue head to toe)

I think a lot of what caseworkers see or imagine
in YOUR home stems from them THEIR OWN current
or past experiences as victims.

These are the kind of people, by the way, who
should NOT be caseworkers or Juvenile Court Judges.

Marina

Postby Marina » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:18 pm

When children have multiple or inconsistent primary caregivers, they develop attachment disorders. One symptom of attachment disorders is the habit of avoiding eye contact. Avoiding eye contact is also listed as a symptom for 'failure to trive syndrome.'

The judge in my friend's case does this. He appears conscientious, compassionate, and has a reputation of being fair, but he avoids eye contact with anyone in the courtroom, including the lawyers.

Another symptom of attachment disorders is the habit of manipulating new acquaintances in order to get a reaction. The purpose of a foster child or daycare child using this technique is for them to quickly assess the character of a new caregiver. This appears to be similar to what a lawyer does to a witness on the stand, or what a caseworker does to a parent during an interrogation.

When I was a substitute placed by an agency in various daycare centers, the centers with high staff turnover appeared to be the same centers whose children exhibited various forms of attachment disorders. Some children continually react to all the various staff that come and go, while other children will withdraw.

For the children who haven't gone into withdrawal, they look up to each new teacher to assess that teacher's ability to attach to them. Since the children's emotional needs are chronically unmet, they attach to any new teacher who will pay attention to them. At first, this seems nice to a substitute teacher. However, if the substitute is very nurturing and caring, then the children will take advantage of it and start whining and complaining and bringing fights for the new teacher to settle.

So after a while, I learned not to attach to the children, and to avoid eye contact. This sounds cruel, but it avoids whining and fights.

This sounds even worse, but I learned to send out probes to co-workers, in order to quickly test and assess their character, just like little children do who have been subjected to multiple caregivers. This habit evolved unconsciously, probably as a result of feeling out of control. When I went into a center, I felt totally out of control, because I didn't know what was going on. I couldn't control the environment, or plan activites, but was supposed to control the children.

Even in a center where I had worked for over a week, I would suddenly be put in a new room, or with new children of different ages, or new workers. If workers grumbled about working conditions, I didn't see any reason not to talk about it to the director or other co-workers, because I had no loyalties. Since I saw many different school rooms, I didn't see any reason why any problem could not be quickly fixed if I spoke up about it.

Another coping mechanism I developed was to re-arrange the furniture in a room where I was working, sometimes on the first day. This may sound brazen, and it is not in my nature to be confrontational, but it became a compulsion or something. I just compared many rooms, and if a class was chaotic because of poor arrangement of the furnishings, I wanted to fix it immediately. There are certain commonly accepted principles taught in daycare classroom design, and the behavior the children is predictible to a large extent based on how the room is organized.

When the teenage boy of my friend first went into foster care and was placed in a group home, he was obsessive compulsive about cleanliness of his things, and protecting his personal space from intruders. They sent him to a shrink and promptly had him labeled with obsessive compulsive disorder. But this is a normal reaction of foster children, and this boy had the tendency to be particular even before he was removed from his home, probably as a result of various problems and experiences in his childhood. OCD is an effort to exert some control over one's life.

This may be why public and social workers always want to "fix" parents and children. They always compare people and places, and combine it with the constant stress of being 'detached' while working with multiple 'clients,' then the behavior of these professionals is predictable.

jackiew75

Postby jackiew75 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:45 am

There is an interesting book, I believe called High Risk Children. It deals with the issues of R.A.D., Reactive Attachment Disorder.

Some portions of the book I did not care for because it requires you to do things that I didnt feel comfortable with but I was interested in reading the cause and effect of "bonding gone wrong".

jackiew75

Postby jackiew75 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:45 am

There is an interesting book, I believe called High Risk Children. It deals with the issues of R.A.D., Reactive Attachment Disorder.

Some portions of the book I did not care for because it requires you to do things that I didnt feel comfortable with but I was interested in reading the cause and effect of "bonding gone wrong".

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:23 am

jackiew75 wrote:There is an interesting book, I believe called High Risk Children. It deals with the issues of R.A.D., Reactive Attachment Disorder.

HA! Bond gone wrong? You see? Who had imposed upon this bond had gone wrong? We did not do this. CPS did by taking Children out of Homes. The Only Home that Children ever had known since Birth.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Return to “Round Table”