Propganda Ad Wars- False Advertising from CPS

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Frustrated

Propganda Ad Wars- False Advertising from CPS

Postby Frustrated » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:52 pm

I have been seeing lots of Advertising on TV claiming that CPS are great, they are child savers, they need to save Children and all that....helping people, HELPING PARENTS to get back on track....with Services, and all that. They put all these in these Advertising making them LOOK GOOD! They even repeat alot of Advertising about CPS Organization, and please donate this and that...

They are false advertising because there is no other side of the story, in fact it is ONE Sided Story. I can't believe how many Advertising is about Child Protection Agency, Child Adoptions, and so forth. I would see alot of these Advertising at Night.

I am outraged because they are not telling the whole Story about what happens if the Parent is brought into this, what happens to the Children, Foster care and all that.

It is false Advertising and they need to report the other side of the Story or these false Advertising needs to stop.

MisLeading the Americans about how good they are? Unbelievable. I wished there is some one out there that can advertise what they ARE LIKE! :evil:
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

rlfroo

Postby rlfroo » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:02 am

Frustrated, I can understand your frustration. I am a foster parent. I understand in advertising you always have to put your best forward or what is the point. I also know that there is such a shortage of good foster homes. I recently moved to a new area and personally I am appalled with the quality of foster homes in my new area. If you have ever seen any of my posts you know that I am pro reunification and do what ever I can to help families reunite. I have come to know from many posts on this board that this is rare. They need good families and the only way to get them is to be as positive, polished and proffessional as they can be, and that is what they pay the ad agency to do. I also spent many a year teaching new foster parents how to be the best foster parents they could be. I stopped teaching when I felt I was lying to to them. When I was telling them how much support they would recieve when I knew it was not there. It sickened me to do that, so I quit. I still foster but now I stay as disinvolved with CPS as I possibly can. I find it to be easier to work with my parents and help them reunite with their children. Sorry got a bit off tract here. What I am trying to get across is that Advertising is just that. Just like all those late night items that everyone has to have for $29.95 plus shipping and handling. You get it home and find out that it is not as easy to use as they portrayed it to be. I know I have a million of these things in cupboards and in my garage sale box. They always make things better than they really are. Same I ams sure as the commercials you saw. But if out of those Ads they get one decent Foster Parent, then it did what it is supposed to do. I pray that one day we won't need a CPS system, that is my dream but for now I know in some cases it is truely needed. Thanks for listening.

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:06 am

In my area there are so many non-profits
that they are in fierce competition with each
other for UNITED WAY money.
There are so many ads for the various
outfits that it's actually kind of funny.
Clearly MONEY is at stake.

But we don't have advertizing for the rotten
state agency itself, even though they have a PR guy.

Somebody should capture some of these
"CPS is good" ads and put them on YouTube!

Spoofing them could be a powerful answer.

Return to “Round Table”