Open CPS case, when do they visit?

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

jackiew75

Open CPS case, when do they visit?

Postby jackiew75 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:47 am

We obviously have an open case as we are currently in the Adjudication process.

They were able to remove the children and the lawyer for DCYF and the SW who removed the kids are trying to present all of this awful evidence that was fabricated by a corrupt detective.

This all began in the middle of December and the SW has yet to come back to the house. The judge ordered the children home at the preliminary hearing, so they are in my custody. Don't the SW's need to visit the home during the open case to check on the family? I began thinking about how the SW believed that the children were/are in imminent danger yet she has never come out to the house, with the exception of the kidnapping she performed. It has been nearly 8 weeks and she has not been here.

Marina

Postby Marina » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:13 am

Was a home visit listed as a service in the Service Plan? And the Service Plan was court-ordered?

If they do not perform their court-ordered service, then wouldn't this failure be in your favor at the next court hearing?

As long as you don't change your address or phone number or email, then they can contact you when they want to come. They can't say they came and you refused to let them in.

I would think that them not coming is a good sign for you, except for all the anxiety it causes.

ladyfoldora

Postby ladyfoldora » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:38 am

Not sure what the laws are in NH, but here in SC, after the case has been found "indicated" and until there are court orders, they are supposed to make a FTF visit with the children every 30 days. Our cw has been going to the school to visit with the children, I have not seen him at my house since October.

Can't remember how old your children are, but is it possible they are being visited at school and you not know about it? Our cw never tells me when he has visited, the children tell me.

jackiew75

Postby jackiew75 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:01 am

Ohhh, dont get me wrong, I dont want them in my home, but I know that I cannot refuse if they do come knocking. I am just curious why they all can cry imminent danger, yet they dont come around.

My children are 2 and 6. I know that the SW was seen at school by my oldest but the 6 year old said that the SW didnt talk to her or even acknowledge when the child waived at her.

I got a terrible feeling when I dropped off my 6 year old at school today. Just a bad vibe and noticed that the principal sat watching me drop her off.... as if they were waiting for me to leave the property.

It was not court ordered per say, but DCYF was granted supervisory gaurdianship over the children. I was under the impression that they were to come to the house too every 30 days.
I dont think it looks good on their part to not make an effort to "see what is going on" in the home. Somebody working on this case made a comment to me about the SW not coming into the home, because they thought that the SW didnt want to have to write up a report about how normal and clean the house is and then have to turn it over to the judge...... We will see I guess.

Return to “Round Table”