protection against false reporting

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

ocelot

protection against false reporting

Postby ocelot » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:23 am

hi,

we have had two cases filed of bogus, baseless allegations by a school district with whom we have been in dispute over special education services for my child.

we have been fortunate enough to have had both cases closed unfounded after lengthy investigation proceses in both.

i am certain the school will pull it again. they have financial and other motive to benefit from our having a report 'indicated'.

as mandated reporters, the schools can hide behind those laws, as well as being fully immune to formal charges of 'knowingly false reports'.

our case is compelling however, because the school was/is also mandated to understand the student's file and medical reports, ect, which render their cps calls grossly negligent at best, at worst.. malicious and retaliatory.

we are not the only ones this has happened to.

please, if anyone here can direct me toward any person, help, or information as to what we can do to protect ourselves, perhaps a civil action against the school.

our problems at this time are not with cps, while they did not behave appropriately - they ultimately closed the cases.
our problem is with a school using cps as a weapon.

again, this is happeneing to many special needs parents because schools don't want to provide appropriate services.
parents who advocate and their children get retaliated against in many ways, this being the most egregious in my opinion.

ocelot

kdddav'swife

hello

Postby kdddav'swife » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:19 am

We have two special needs kids. I know what you mean about CPS being used as a weapon by the school district because that is pretty much what has happened with us in the past. Over a period of about a year and a half we got investigated three times and two of those investigations were started because someone at school called and reported us.

First it was for alleged medical neglect of our autistic daughter when she was six.The second was started by an investigator who called on us for hazardous conditions while she was allegedly looking for a family who, like us, had four kids. the kids were said to be running up and down the street and through the woods at midnight.It could not have possibly been our kids.

The third was started because a guidance counselor at my then ten year olds school had access to the hot line records and decided that my child fit the profile of a sexually abused child and that my husband was domestically violent and sexually abusive which of course he is not.

CPS closed all of our cases thus far as unfounded. I discovered that in Florida the principal of any public, private or charter school can have access to the hot line records and can grant access to anyone with an educational interest in a child. When I discovered that a lot of things started making sense.
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:30 am

Same here. I have ADHD Kids. Teachers wanted them on th Pills whereas I said no to that. My Psch Doctor had told in the reports that their behavior are manageable and does not need medications. Later my Kid's Teacher brought up Form from CPS saying we need to sign for Counselling with CPS in the SCHOOL!

Since when CPS are telling Teachers to push forms for Parents to sign for Counselling and I am not the only one. I was told the Other Parents were offered the same thing. It state in the Form once signed that ALL PROPERTY AND ALL INFO shared in Counselling> BECOMES CPS' s PROPERTY and "need to KNOW it all". :shock: Every Tuesdays CPS goes to that School and does its Counselling right at the Spot. How easy is it to access to School Children? This is it.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

ocelot

Postby ocelot » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:04 am

condolances to you both, all of this is outrageous.

"I discovered that in Florida the principal of any public, private or charter school can have access to the hot line records and can grant access to anyone with an educational interest in a child. When I discovered that a lot of things started making sense."

where did you get this information? i need to know if this is true in my state, for it is the principal who is after our family.

ocelot

kdddav'swife

Postby kdddav'swife » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:46 am

I found it in the Florida state statutes when I looked it up online. I was actually trying to find out if potential employers had access to the records since I work in the health care field. Under "Confidentiality of records" down near the bottom of the 2005 Florida statutes.

Try looking up the statutes for your state. You might find the info in the states forums.
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin.

ocelot

Postby ocelot » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:38 pm

well this is bull.

almost everyone i have contacted has said to move. noone will prosecute the crime of false reporting no matter how well documented. i'm not moving.

as mandated reporters, schools are also mandated to know the medical and other records provided on these children.

when these records (which i have triple documented) fly in the face of the specifics of a false report, i say there is a black and white violation, at best gross negligence.

i am looking into a civil suit against the school administrators.

they have used cps as their own private henchmen to serve their own purposes - simply, because they can, and they believe they will never be held accountable. since we have so much documentation, i am going to fight to get a bonified claim.

enough.

ocelot.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:10 pm

You can file a discrimination complaint against the school - I did this before in a similar situation. You need to look up your nearest Federal office of the Department of Education... they will investigate and the school personnel will have a lot of paperwork to fill out... and will hopefully never want to mess with you again.

Hope this helps,

Linda
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:33 am

File with Human Rights Commission in your State for Discrimination Violations. I did that and sued the Police, CPS for Violations for failure to obtain an Interpreter for me. I could not understand a damn thing. So I have that Right. Just like you have that Right to Education for your Child. They have Disability Protection for anyone and you can sue them. The Human Rights Commission will investigate and will find its findings and fine that School or even charge them. Sometimes they will make them pay punitive damages to you. It does happen.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Return to “Round Table”