parenting plan

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

stacymarks

parenting plan

Postby stacymarks » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:43 am

Hi,

we have to write a parenting plan to let visitation happen with the childrens mother. she has never complied with all the services, which we have to have her do as she has "issues" our case will be closed soon. does anyone have any idea if we can do this ourselves or does it involve an attorney? I found the forms on WA state site but it looks like it for a divorce and not pertaining to visitation. if it were up to me (i am stepmom) I wouldn't let them visit with their mother at all. lots of problems there. read my previous posts. we have to do this before the next court date March 13th. any help is greatly appreciated.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:52 pm

NO CPS involved right? Just a Custody/Visitation matter at Family Court between Father and Mother with the Children?

Usually it is the Lawyer that recommends the plan that would be conditions to the Visitation order. Usually they write them up. You don't have to. But I might be mistaken. I used to be in battle with Visitation order with my Ex husband, for Visitation, and I offer the Lawyer of a Plan to go with the conditions that he has to follow to adjoint with the Visitation Order.

If CPS are involved, usually CPS will write Parenting Plan for you.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

stacymarks

family court

Postby stacymarks » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:44 am

yes, it is for family court so we have contacted a lawyer, different one than we have and we have an appointment with her in a week. the mother has issues that the children must be protected from. and it is up to us to supervise the visitation. this is not a fun thing. it sucks that mom won't get her life together for her kids.

stacymarks

family court

Postby stacymarks » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:44 am

yes, it is for family court so we have contacted a lawyer, different one than we have and we have an appointment with her in a week. the mother has issues that the children must be protected from. and it is up to us to supervise the visitation. this is not a fun thing. it sucks that mom won't get her life together for her kids.

Return to “Round Table”