What would you do?

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

BIll76548

What would you do?

Postby BIll76548 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:58 am

OK after some time the child was returned. Now she is acting out. Out all night having sex with total strangers. And when confronted she said you will not do anything to me. She is using DCF as a tool to get what ever she wants. She has also made the threat that she will yell rape if need be. This is all because she was caught stealing and didnt want to face her punishment. It is now at the point where this child would be best in state custody.

rlfroo

Postby rlfroo » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:47 am

This is so sad, but not uncommon. Children learn how to work the system from other kids in the system. They learn quickly what triggers SW's, Parents, etc. It is all so sad really. They know all the buzz words that will get them what they want. Teenagers by nature can be very manipulative and they have figured out how to use the system for their benifit, they are quite smart really. I am sorry that you are having to go through all this and I wish I had a suggestion for you. But the only thing I can think of is document, document, document, and therapy, therapy, therapy.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:46 am

Yeah sad indeed. In fact so many teenagers are using this tactic now these days. I have seen Teenagers out there that would scream "bloody murder" just to get what they wanted. But they don't know they are losing alot more just a Family Unity, they are losing their freedom. Because they would be stuck in Foster Incarination being watched by CPS and so forth. If they make it difficult on you, maybe the Hard Lesson would be in State Custody. I know it hurts really bad to know your Child went against you. But if that's what she wants, give it to her. Let her be an Adult like she wanted to be. But once she realize that she made a big mistake and wants to go back, it might be too late for her or she will apologize for the disrespect that she brings to you.

I can relate as I have seen Teenagers coming here all the time visiting as they always hang around my Neighbourhood, I would hear them say all kinds of things like "I can get whatever I wanted, I just have to say the word."

Ironically, the CPS just went to the Schools and teaching the Kids how to report to CPS if there is an abuse or whatever. THEN the Kids HAD AN IDEA....how to get away from punishment is to use CPS to get away from it all....What is so Rotten is that CPS won't hear about it. Really a shame that teenagers would use CPS as a tool to avoid consquences. It is in fact growing as I see them around the High School smoking and all that, and then I would see them in Court just laughing about it. CPS are HELPING them acheive that goal.

I just think CPS SHOULD GET EXTRA TRAINING ON HOW TO TELL WHEN A TEENAGER IS USING CPS AS A TOOL TO AVOID CONSQUENCES. CPS should tell the Teenager "Listen to your Parents". But! the CPS DO NOT CARE! They want to generate CASES< CASES to make money so they use the Teenagers too.

It is funny really...they are using each other to accomplish their goals. :roll:
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Diando

What would you do

Postby Diando » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:53 pm

First of all I want to say I'm sorry for you. I had the teenage daughter from h.ll. Well when my teenage daughter was doing that I called CPS for help asked, begged and pleaded for help. Low and behold they wouldn't have anything to do with it. When she was finally picked up by police and they called and told me to come and get her - I said ok and never showed. CPS and the police both told me I had 4 hours to pick her up or she would become a ward of the State. I still didn't show. I figured she was safer there than on the streets having sex and doing drugs and thought I may finally get some help. For the next few days I put my work phone on do not disturb and did not answer my home phone. They brought her to my work and dropped her off. This happened more than one time this happened many, many times. Once they even dropped her off in front of the Subdivision of where I lived during school hours. She once got arrested in another town 100 miles away. I did not go and get her then either. Once again they brought her to me. After awhile my daughter figured out that I wasn't going to come and get her, she no longer threatened me.

So, if you want them to leave you alone.... ask them for help! They won't have anything to do with you.

Return to “Round Table”