HIPPEA FORMS

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

southgachick

HIPPEA FORMS

Postby southgachick » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:32 am

My story is long like 10 yrs long so I will give the abbr version of it as short as possible.... I have a mentally ill son(paranoid schzo...however you spell it) who has been in states custody for 9 yrs..the state orginnaly said all his problems were just BAD PARENTING..well after numberous failed foster homes and arrest and Failed treatment centers. We got a new judge that I think was VERY FAIR and things changed. this judge realized that I had DONE EVERTHING that was possible for me to do....we live in a very rural area. Anyway he finnaly turned 18 last december and we talked him into staying were he got get the treatment that he still needs. I really have no case plan of things for me to do. But yesterday in the mail I recieved a letter asking me to sign a HIPPEA ..this is a privacy statement for MY MEDICAL records. I have no records. I only go to the dr if I am in PAIN. So I am not siging this form. What do yall think this could be about?

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:20 am

Question back to them:

How can this possibly be Bad parenting if he was in the State's Custody for 9 years? :shock: It is possibly bad parenting on their part, not yours.

Anyhow, back to Hippa Law Forms...DO NOT DO IT!

It enables them to release ALL MEDICAL RECORDS TO THEM if you sign. It gives them permission to obtain ALL OF MEDICAL RECORDS from you. They will know everything including that you were in Pain. Then they will say you are on drugs for managing the pain.

Anything goes for them. They can make up all kinds of ridiculous things to go against you.

Why is he not released on his own recongizance? He is 18. But Foster Care can care for Kids up to age 21 then they are released on their own. :roll:

If possible use your Lawyer to check things over.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:24 am

southgachick is my cousin, so i will give yall more details. right now she is living through me and crap i am putting dfacs through.
her son does have a mental illness and is often violent esp. towards women. he has attacked a few counselors, but did not have enough "points" to be forced to stay in care. HE DOES NEED CARE, BUT MY COUSIN IS UNABLE TO PROVIDE THE FINANCIAL NEEDS TO GET HIM THE CARE. he does not cognitively think things through and has anger issue, which can be aggravated by too much meds or not enough meds. this care is suppose to help him manage medication and other aspects of life. he has no real grasp of the "real world" and what it takes to live in it. he is currently in a half way house and hopefully one day transition over to living on his own. dfacs has told her that if he comes to live with her, they will remove her 15 y/o daughter. so as of right now, this is for the better.
they had often tried to portray her as this crazy mom(not to say that she isnt at least partly crazy, lol) who had a son she was trying to make sick with all these behaviors that he didnt have. they had accused her of suicide twice with no real proof. she has finally got all that throw out and got them to concentrate on the real problem, as much as a state agency can.
if she does sign those papers i will be forced to whip her butt. she knows better, i think she just wants another opinion besides mine.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:51 pm

Well, I wouldn't want everybody to know about me through Medical Records. There is a reason for Confidentiality and there is Doctor/Patient Confidentiality. Why throw that away? It should be between this boy's Counsellor and the Mom. CPS does not have to know everything about you. Why throw away your privacy rights? It is best left private private. That's it. I would just release the records on the Child, but not the Mother. She is not the one that's in their care. The Son is.
If they want to know everything, I will give them the Colonoscopy they needed to know is up my butt. That's how invasive it can get. :D
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Return to “Round Table”