BEWARE OF FAKE SOCIAL WORKERS

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Frustrated

BEWARE OF FAKE SOCIAL WORKERS

Postby Frustrated » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:00 am

Beware of FAKE SOCIAL WORKERS OR CPS WORKERS COMING IN YOUR HOUSE
Scammers, Frauds, Con Artists, Criminals and Pedophiles are known to get in your house and look around posing as Social Workers and CPS Workers.

BEWARE and ASK FOR ID!!! Ask for their names, their agency name, and what address they work for. Ask for their Id through their business card, but to ask for picture ID, Driver's License or Social Worker ID.

PROTECT YOUR HOME FROM CRIMINALS and PEDOPHILES. Some are Robbers, Theifs looking to steal your stuff and know when you are not at home.

Fake Social Workers
April 9, 2007
Among the dangers for parents we now have impostors claiming to be social workers. It is an easy way to spy inside homes or for pedophiles to see some skin or just to terrify neighbors. The current article is from Wyoming. We include an older case of the same scam from Nova Scotia.

expand
collapse
Riverton officials looking into alleged DFS impostor

RIVERTON (AP) -- Authorities are investigating reports of a woman posing as a Department of Family Services case worker, entering people's homes and asking questions about their children.

Sada Selvig, supervisor of the DFS social work department in Riverton, said she got a call March 27 from a couple suspicious about such a visit.

"I've just never seen or heard anything like this," Selvig said.

According to Selvig, a tall, middle-aged woman wearing jeans and a blue sweater knocked on the couple's door in northeast Riverton and said she was there to conduct an inspection. The 23-year old woman who answered the door let her in, but became suspicious when the woman began asking about her young children.

The victim and her husband reported the incident to Selvig and to police later that day.

Riverton Police Capt. Milan Vinich said after the couple's complaint circulated around the department, another local woman filed a similar complaint.

"Turns out that the daughter of a police department employee experienced a similar encounter three weeks prior and didn't think much of it until hearing about this account," Vinich said.

Selvig said she knew something was amiss as soon as she heard how the impostor was dressed.

"That was my first tip off," Selvig said. "The woman was wearing jeans. Case workers are not allowed to wear jeans."

Selvig said most DFS employees on home visits are accompanied by a police officer. And although DFS employees don't wear uniforms, they should wear a DFS badge in a visible location and should be driving a state vehicle with an "S" on the license plate.

Selvig also said DFS does not have the authority to remove children from a home, and that anyone who says they have that authority through DFS should be treated with suspicion.

"So if there is a caseworker alone that comes to your home and says they will be taking your child into protective custody and placing them in foster care, you should call law enforcement immediately," she said.

Vinich called the whole situation "disturbing."

"We don't know what the motivation would be," he said.

Source: website of the Casper Star-Tribune

pasted from http://www.fixcas.com under current news
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:11 am

No Jeans?
Must have special License Plates?
No authority to remove your children from a home?

that's strange, because I have seen CPS on my Street for a good 5 years, I did not see special License plates, and they do remove children from some one's home. But a Police officer was accompained though.
I have seen at least one worker wearing Jeans.

So the spagetteti Tank top should also qualify to the jeans, because I think it is unappropriate for the workers to be wearing spagetteti tank tops. :roll:
I have one CPS Investigator come here, wearing spagetteti tank top but she wasn't inside my house, she was outside the porch asking questions though. I refused to let her in because of the way she wore. But I know she is a Worker at that agency because she comes out the following week with another Worker and came to the School.

But BEWARE, you never know you might stumble a fake CPS Worker, who knows???? PROTECT YOURSELF!!! and PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

rlfroo

Postby rlfroo » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:42 pm

Great information for all parents. I am a foster mom and where I live they drive their own cars, most of them do wear jeans. I had one wear short/short jogging shorts, a tank top and sneakers on a hot day. If I would have not met her before this visit I would have turned her away. I called her supervisor and found out that they are not supposed to dress this way at all. Jeans are o.k. but shorts are not. I make everyone show me their badge because of that story I hear about I think in Florida, when a woman came to a foster home claiming she was a social worker, really she was not she was a relative of a child and they did find the child back with the mother. Thanks again as this is good advice for all parents.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:01 pm

Well, according to the above news, they say Jeans are not acceptable form for conducting business service for that Agency.

I was appalled to see an Investigator wearing tank tops in front of the Kids. They should be wearing blouse or something to cover up. She was asking questions with the Kids in her tank top.
Mini Skirts are no no most definetely. lol

What we can see can offset and we can tell which are fakes if we pay more attention to it.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:54 am

Here in Canada, There are no ID BADGE for these Workers, just a Business Card where they are supposed to give to you immediately to the Visit to your Home. But Business Cards are not good enough, you have the right to request further ID such as Driver's License or their Social Worker's License card. But there are no CPS BADGE for Canadian Workers.

Well there ought and should be one. To protect Families from fake workers that could be posed as Pedophiles and Robbers, etc...etc... :?

Return to “Round Table”