Normal teenage behavior is a reason to report to authorities

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Trisha G

Normal teenage behavior is a reason to report to authorities

Postby Trisha G » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:56 pm

I found this list at another bbs I visit. Some of the things listed are cause for alarm, however most of them are things normal kids do.

Here's an article which I've just dredged up from the recesses of the internet, sent out by St. Mary's Catholic Church, Colorado Springs, CO, USA. Apologies if it's been discussed before.

If Your Child is a Gothic, Reform Through the Lord!

Listed below are some warning signs to indicate if your child may have gone astray from the Lord. Gothic (or goth) is a very obscure and often dangerous culture that young teenagers are prone to participating in.
The gothic culture leads young, susceptible minds into an imagined world of evil, darkness, and violence. Please seek immediate attention through counselling, prayer, and parental guidance to rid your child of Satan's temptations if five or more of the following are applicable to your child:

-Frequently wears black clothing.
-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.
-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nailpolish.
-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include: reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various other Satanic worshipping symbols.
-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.
-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)
-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically.
-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.
-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.
-Takes drugs.
-Drinks alcohol.
-Is suicidal and/or depressed.
-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation. (This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.)
-Complains of boredom.
-Sleeps too excessively or too little.
-Is excessively awake during the night.
-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.)
-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.
-Spends large amounts of time alone.
-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil sprits through meditation.)
-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.
-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.
-Misbehaves at school.
-Misbehaves at home.
-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this.
-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very
dangerous and should be stopped immediately.)
-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)
-Plays videos games that contains violence or are of a role-playing nature.
-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.
-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.
-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner.
-Expresses an interest in sex.
-Masturbates.
-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.
-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.
-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".
-Claims to be a goth.

If five or more of these apply to your child, please intervene immediately. The gothic culture is dangerous and Satan thrives within it. If any of these problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental health center.

Marina

Postby Marina » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:06 pm

This is what was on the table at the entrance to our local mental health center:

Building Self-esteem
A Self-Help Guide
Changing Negative Thoughts About Yourself to Positive Ones

http://mentalhealth.samhsa.gov/publicat ... anging.asp

kdddav'swife

Postby kdddav'swife » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:33 pm

Holy smoke Batman! My son is nearly sixteen and he is about seven of those things! LOL!! I just though he was being a normal teenage boy with testosterone raging through his veins. He is definately not Goth by any means.

According to that article he should be in a mental health center and so should most of his friends.
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:08 am

lol.

So are my Kids, all Teenagers are like that. Most of them are anyways. I have seen worst out there, and I have seen it all. They would call it a "stage" and it shall pass. If not, they can be counselled from the Mental Health Center. There are alot of peer pressure from many Kids out there doing what they are not supposed to. Just have to watch what you see in your own Kids and watch what they are doing. You know your own Kids better than CPS ever will. They shouldn't interfere unless deemed necessary.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Tue May 01, 2007 9:01 pm

I think that 5 or more of those apply to EVERY teenager!

OMG My daughter is 5 of those and likes fake tats .Just got her ears peirced a second time... she wears black AND gaudy nail polish, Doesnt like for mom to be around when shes hanging with her friends either!! ...OMG she doesnt go to church and she doesnt pray to Jesus ....OMG I better call now!

Oh wait shes 10 years old, normal and Jewish with an independent mind to think on her own in a rational way.

Just a footnote, the thing that pissed me off the most at that is my daughter USED to like I wouldnt say goth, but I called it New Yorker Youth style of dress. She was very spunky and could put together an outfit that looked like it fell out of a teen fashion magazine in a matter of seconds ...But after going with a family member who told her that only goth people wore black, and goth people worship the devil, and sacrifice animals, my daughter dresses slumpy now ...(like a bum) and refuses to wear anything that has black in it all. She starts crying that she doesnt want anyone to think shes like those people that hurt animals and dont believe in God.

I am so sick of all the brainwashing in this world. I worked very hard for my chidlren to all be able to think for themselves, be proud of who they are and have a self esteem. What took me years to accomplish, took days for someone to destroy. It has almost been a year and I am STILL trying to deprogram her.

Anyone else remember the boycott on Spongebob? Where they were boycotting spongebob because lil ol spongebob squarepants was sending gay messages to children since only gays watched it.

Return to “Round Table”