True story re/foster parents

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

jensmom

True story re/foster parents

Postby jensmom » Tue May 29, 2007 12:53 pm

I was talking to a couple at church yesterday & they have had a young man living with them for 2 years. I had seen him with them & assumed he was one of their children, but he was actually a former foster child. He had been in foster care since the age of 9, in several different homes. When he was 18, his foster parents kicked him out. They just came in his bedroom, woke him up, and said "You're on your own now, pack your things and leave." The reason, I'm sure, was no more money from the state for them. This couple heard about what happened and invited him into their home, for as long as he wanted to stay, bless them. He works part-time and attends college. The couple who threw him out should definitely not be allowed any more foster children in their home, since it's obvious that they only did it for the money.

Roni Shawn

Postby Roni Shawn » Thu May 31, 2007 8:43 pm

Its sure not surprising tho, that fosterers are like that. But there ARE the ones that REALLY care, and REALLY want to take care of children that have been hurt. I know I would LOVE to be a foster mom, just to care for the children; not for the money. But the majority of em are in it for it. It sux....
God is my light...My Strength...My LIFE!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I thought CPS was created to help keep families together, not rip them apart!!!
Roni Shawn :)

snsanty

Postby snsanty » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:01 am

Yep, it really sucks when the foster parents are only in it for the $money$. My mother & her 'partner' are holding my kids hostage with the blessings of CPS and they're collecting over $3000 a month ($2100 total for my 3 kids). We're only allowed to see the kids at humiliating supervised visits twice a week. This is total parental alienation!
Injustice for all in Fremont County Colorado!

Roni Shawn

Postby Roni Shawn » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:52 pm

Oh, dont I know waht those humiliating supervised visits are about. They SUCK. And they ARE HUMILIATING. And if they think that the children dont pick up on those visits, why they are like that, they are sorely wrong. As they are in everything else. Those kids know what the hell is going on all the time. They just dont know how to express it or act on it. some will hold it in, others will act out in a rage or just be a stinker. I feel so bad for children when they have to see their parents like that. CPS could at LEAST let them visit at a mutual place, say like Mickey Ds or something, so that the children can have fun and not pick up on any stress. Or wonder why there are people watching behind the glass windows watching what they are doing the whole HOUR that they get with their folks. I dono. I could go on and on. And I do, sometimes. LOL...Sorry.......
God is my light...My Strength...My LIFE!

I thought CPS was created to help keep families together, not rip them apart!!!

Roni Shawn :)

rlfroo

Postby rlfroo » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:02 am

I am a foster mom and I think it is appalling that anyone would remove a child on thier 18th birthday. I am in California and there are so many programs that help the teens that are getting close to turning 18. Here they get so many grants and scholarships, get put up in appartments and get so much funding. But the kicker to that is that they have to know it is available to them. So many do not. One person said their parent gets $3,000.00 for her children, I personally have never heard of that where I live unless the children are medically fragile children, where they need surgeries, come with medical equipment etc. Each foster parent fosters for a different reason. Many do it for the money and treat the children poorly. Some do it for love, acceptance, personal desire or a calling they feel they have. The ones that do it for money surface quickly, all you have to do is look at the kids to know if they are being cared for. These people make me sick. As far as visits go, I do lots of visits at McDonalds, parks, shopping malls, pizza places etc. The goal of a foster (or at least it should be) is to help reunite families. If that is not the primary goal they should not be foster parents. Some families have been wrongly accused of what ever CPS is accusing them of. We as foster parents should not be the judge and jury in any case. We are here to take care of the children for a small amount of time in their lives. We should also be hear to support reunification with the biological parents. Sorry I will get off my high horse now. It just really upsets me when people put the almighty dollar above a life.

snsanty

Postby snsanty » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:24 am

My mom & her partner have contributed to us not getting our kids back when the were NEVER abused or neglected. They're up CPS's asses and distort/report anything and everything they can use against us. They're getting $700 for each of our 3 kids, $500 from my dad (whom she is divorced from) plus social security and other earnings. The system is ripping off my husband & me for the tune of $800 a month total. We did not ask to have our kids removed the system here has it in for us because I have cussed out evil caseworkers who provoked me. They even hired a private investigator who spied on my husband & supposedly saw him drinking (which is NOT illegal) Oh yea, & the bitch who hired the PI can't even produce the proof, and it's probably not even photographic evidence. This county is so corrupt. Someday the innocent will prevail with class-action lawsuits against CPS and their goons!
Injustice for all in Fremont County Colorado!

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:55 pm

Only the Adult Protective Services can remove 18 yrs old child/adult. Not CPS. But the CPS partly can get involved because of CPS Histories, they might share files.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Return to “Round Table”