State To State Laws

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

User avatar
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:04 pm

State To State Laws

Postby proudmom4life » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Isn't It Required By Law For A Parent Who Was Awarded Custody Of A Child Due To Child Welfare Issues Required By Law To Report It To The Judge And/Or Get The Permission From The NonCustodial Parent? This Is 1/2 My Story. My Son Shelden Is In California With His Dad & He Did Neither And Has Made It Impossible For Me To See My Shelden. I Can't Afford An Out Of State Trip. I'm Just Sick About It. I Call Shelden Every Week. Only Get Through Every Other Week. I Began To Really To Start Changing This Even Though I Lack The Funds To Do So Because The Kid Is Miserable And For So Long I've Been Sick To My Stomach About What's Happened To Both Sons Shelden & Carter. I Still Have Parental Rights To My Children Except Carter (State Forced A "Voluntary" Relinquishment Of Rights. And I Lost Carter That Day. So I Still Have The Right To Have A Say In Shelden's Life. Just Since I Started This Post, My Husband Called To Tell Me That His Coworker Went To Court For His Kids. His Wife Took His Kids To Another State And Subpoena'd Her To Court. She Didn't Show In His State To Court, She Was Arrested And THe Kids Were Brought To Him. I Don't Know All The Details. I Just Want To Get The Facts First. I Just Want My 2 Sons Home With Us. Maybe i'm Just Grasping For Straws But I Know It's Gonna Be Worth It. Can ANyone Tell Me What The Laws Are Or Related Laws?

User avatar
Posts: 4135
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:07 pm

Postby Dazeemay » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:20 am ... m_content={creative}&utm_campaign=relationships&utm_term=custody+battle&p_id=low&sendroicid=44f5578e-219d-4c3b-9121-120cc769e6ec&sendroikwd=custody+battle

Try this link. This is a chat room for custody battles. They might have the answer for you.

Here is another link. ... woman.html
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child. MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud";site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Posts: 1307
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:17 pm

Postby Momoffor » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:36 pm

It depends on the state laws where the custody order was placed.

In New Mexico, I was required to get permission from my sons father to take him out of state because that was the state the custody was ordered. But in Virginia, all I have to do is notify my other kids father that I am leaving the state and he has 30 days to file with the court house to appeal it. If he fails to do so, I am free to do as I wish (VA is the state where my divorce/custody case was held for them/him).

Check with your state laws.

User avatar
Posts: 3916
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:15 am
Location: Canada

Postby Frustrated » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:16 pm

There was Jurdisction laws, and in the court papers, from the Judge I must give my ex husband 90 days if I wanted to move out of the district or province/state. I must notify him.
So Custody laws, has jurisdiction areas laws where it might prevents you to leave the state unless you notify them of your intentions to move to another State.

According to the Consitutional Right, you have the right to liberty to live and MOVE AROUND AND ABOUT. They can't prevent you. But CPS Can if it poses a risk of harm to the children, calling it "Risks", and they can prevent you from leaving the State and file extradidtion application to bring you back to that State.


My Custody case, that I must notify my ex husband that I am moving within 90 days. He can apply to the Courts, 3 months, but I am still going to move there regardless of what he says. He must have a good reason to make me stay here. Otherwise, he can't prevent me to move. That is given if I get a better living, better new job, new place. Then the Judge is going to grant me amensty there. But if the ex feels that I am a danger to my kids, he can use this in court against me, probably using CPS against me.

Like I said, must have a good reason to make a parent to stay in one State such as risks of harming your Kids. etc...etc...any protection concerns they may have they can prevent you from leaving the State.

I wouldn't notify CPS when I move. but I have to notify my ex husband within 90 days.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

User avatar
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:40 pm
Location: Tennessee

Postby tnradmom » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:18 pm

In my custody agreement in TN I have to be within 2 hours of the county the divorce was filed in and I have to remain in the state if I move. This is not typical, the ex had it put in without my knowledge.

If I were to move I would have to go to court and the judge would have to approve it.
What the Lord gives you, man can not take away.

Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:18 pm

Postby anxiousmom » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:04 pm

I can't move's in my divorce decree. I'd have to go to court to get permission to move.

I was told by my lawyer that that is they way the judges here like to do it...they want both parents, who live in this county, to have access to the kids.

Return to “Round Table”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest