Update on my husband and daughter.

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

kdddav'swife

Update on my husband and daughter.

Postby kdddav'swife » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:40 pm

Well, as some of you might recall my husband kdddav is disabled with Degenerative Disk Disease. We are planning to move out of this state as soon as he can get approved for disability income. Well the good news is his hearing before an administrative law judge is in September. After that it may take several months to get the judges decision, depending on if they want him to see any more doctors. If the judge decides in our favor then we will begin preparations to move and FINALLY buy our own home, but if he is denied again and we have to appeal then we are stuck here until he gets approved for however long it takes.

CPS is not the only reason we want to move out of state. It has been two years since our last case was closed and we are STILL worried about someone calling on us for some things that are beyond our control for right now. The cost of land and housing here in Florida has gone up so much that we could only afford a home of our own from Habitat for Humanity IF we qualified.Schools are second rate in our area.

You might remember that our ten year old daughter is severely autistic. We had several serious issues with her school over the last few years and have taken her out of public school to homeschool her.

She is doing so much better!! Taking her out of that school was one of the best things we have ever done for her. She is starting to read primer books now like Dick and Jane and all the years she spent in public school did not do that for her. She is also getting more verbal.
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin.

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:17 am

Good to hear from you again and great to hear your daughter is doing so well with home schooling.

I guess it does not take a village to raise a child, just parents who love them and want the best for them, even though the parents have been judged as less than satisfactory by CPS.

Good job. I will keep praying for you a kdddav and your family.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the Constitution so the second will not become a legalized version of the first.
Thomas Jefferson

kdddav'swife

Postby kdddav'swife » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:06 pm

Thanks Gary. Even though our investigations are over with we are still fearfull of CPS. I mean we beat them three times but who knows if there is a fourth ?
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:19 am

I wondered if that is the cause from the School to give your daughter more withdrawn with Autism??? She had gotten better when she is at home with loving parents. It must be the school that is giving her mistreatment and perhaps abuse through bullying.
I will keep you and your family in my prayers. You shouldn't be fearful of small people like CPS, you should fear God, he is greatest one that can beat all. Nothing on earth can beat you, they might take your soul, but not your spirit and your strength.
Keep the strength up and ask him to protect your family. You shouldn't fear them. Stay strong. Keep everything documented helps alot.
It was my 8th time around, and I still prevailed because I got the strength with God. It helps me through difficult times and because I got no fear from these people. I know there will be a ninth.
If it comes to that, just stay strong and you know what to do by reading the front page of Fight CPS. com. You will be fine. :wink:

Stay strong is the Key. and Good luck for the Hearing to get the Disability Award so you all can move and have a better life in another state. 8)
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

kdddav'swife

Postby kdddav'swife » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:24 pm

Sorry it took so long for me to respond but we had computer troubles.
Anyway I do think that she really needed to be home all along. I am still working twelve hour shifts on the weekends at a nursing home and cannot wait until I can go to my supervisor and say "I'm giving my two weeks notice- Bye !"

After we find out about his disability payments I want to see about going back to college. I am also hoping to get into a program that will pay me to care for my daughter. She has been on the waiting list for community based services for several years now and there are "only" five thousand or so others on the waiting list ahead of her.

I am really starting to burn out I think because of the combination of my job AND having to deal with the issues of disabled indaviduals in my home all week long. I have to go to work and take care of all these really heavy people who have to be bodily lifted and when I am done for the weekend I have physical pain myself in my feet for the next several days. I know that I need to lose weight as I am clinically obese but that takes time.

Return to “Round Table”