Even our pediatritian has issues with CPS

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

rlfroo

Even our pediatritian has issues with CPS

Postby rlfroo » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:11 pm

I took my little ones to get their shots today. I had a long conversation with their pediatritian about foster care and DCFS. He was telling me that he has had children come into his office severly beaten and bruised or neglected he calls CPS and they do nothing. One the other hand he has a woman who is a wonderful mother and takes extreemly good care of her children who just last week had her children removed from her care because her 12 month old baby had a slight sunburn. He was so upset that this happened. He asked me if I knew the criteria for removing a child from their home. I had no answer for him. I used to think I knew, but lately what I have been seeing is that I think it is who you pissed off is what gets your children removed. I am a foster mom who only takes drug addicted infants. Mine all have a positive tox screen. So I know these children come into my care for a reason. I am a believer in reunification if at all possible. I have had many children sent home when their parents have completed a drug program. I even had one of my placement go and live with her mother in a re-hab. (best situation). But I am sickened more and more lately that DCFS is not monitored by someone. They can't be or they would not remove a child for a minor sunburn. I called on a child I know was be beaten on a regular basis, I saw the bruises on her, I saw the hand marks on her and yet they never removed her, she is still living in a situation where she is beaten. Sorry to go on so much, but this really upsets me. I told the doctor to feel free to give my phone number to this woman so I can be of some support to her. I am just sick, something has got to change. Thanks for listening.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:30 pm

There is no criteria. It is based on whatever the dollar amount is needed for that state or county in that state.

Truly abused children are not adoptable.

Many parents are accused of being on drugs and sign the service plan so they can get their children back not knowing they just signed the life of their child over to cps.

Did you know that certain foods can cause you to have a positive reading?

Also the tests they give do not meet the gold standard test. If these parents were given this test it would show negative.

Did you know that many mother's are given a drug just before delivery and then baby and mom both show positive?

I posted this on the Main Page,
I watch Nancy Grace now and again and tonight when I went to her show she was saying,” that without preponderance of evidence” the police could not arrest the particular party she was speaking about. I did not pay too much attention to it after that comment because I became angry all over again about how cps operates. This show was about a murder case and yet they could not arrest him.

How sick is that???

This suspect has more rights than the parents who are being unjustly accused of child abuse. They do not need a preponderance of evidence before they invade your home and take your children.

The suspect will receive a jury trial but, not the parent victims of cps

Mr. Ashworth is correct when he said they have more authority than the FBI.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

rlfroo

Postby rlfroo » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:04 pm

Thank you for your response Dazeemay. I think it is sick about the money. You are right that some foods can cause a positive tox screen, but from my experience it is rare. I used to be the person in charge of work related drug screens. Most of the children that come into my care that are drug exposed are going through withdrawls once they are born. Most of them have to be medicated to assist in that process. Most have to get regional center services because of the drug use. You see I take the ones that no one want to take. Since I take the babies out of the hospital, the test come from the hospital directly and not some bought an paid for drug testing service from CPS. I have only had one child in my care that did not show any systems at all of drug exposure, yet had a positive tox. That was a blessing that they showed no signs.

You are right that CPS does convict parents without any kind of trial or anything. This is not right and needs to change. It sickens me, like you said a murderer gets a fair trial but a parent does not. This is wrong.

I do have to disagree with you that children who a truely abused are not adoptable. I myslef am a child abuse survivor and honestly I wish I had been taken from family and adopted. (long story) I have adopted 3 children. All three from parents that had severe drug addictions. (I know as I spent many hours speaking with them, visiting them in rehab). All three of these parents have shared information about their addictions openly with me. One of the children was severely neglected as an infant. I got her at 10 1/2 months old and she only weighed 7 lbs. She was 6 lbs. when she was born. The mother of this child gave her to me personally as she knew CPS was coming for the child and she knew she could not take care of the child herself because of her drug problem. She also did not want the child in foster care as it is a crap shoot as to if the child is going to be placed with a decent foster home or not. I spoke to her recently and she has now been sober for over a year, I am very proud of her. Her life is turning around for the better, she is not ready to be a parent quite yet though (she told me this herself).

CPS uses the term "unadoptable" with children that are over 3, children of color and special needs children and children with difficult behaviors. I hate the word unadoptable. I believe there is a home out there for each and every child that is here on earth. Maybe I am on cloud 9 about this but that is how I feel. Each child that I have adopted were classified "unadoptable". I can't tell you how much I love each and everyone of them. And the sure fact that I was willing to adopt them with all of their problems, issues etc. makes them adoptable.

Thanks so much for your insight and information you have been as always, very helpful. I am so glad that I found this site, it has opened my eyes up to the other side of CPS. A side I knew there had to be, but no one talks about.
Thanks again.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:35 pm

I heard Pencillin and Amoxicilin can give positive readings.

Yes I have heard children removed for much less. I remember a while back, that the mother lost her baby just because she walked on the wrong side of the road walking with her child!

And now minor sunburn?
geez, what is coming to this world? what's next? chewing gum is now a crime? I remember CPS a while back fussing about children's hair not being brushed. and saying Hair Lice is normal but "not brushing" hair isn't? LOL crazy allegations and we should post "blunders" of CPS WACKY ALLEGATIONS UP TO DATE! :D I think we should post so we know how crazy it is and totally unnecessary. How about title to: "CPS Bloopers of the Century?" you likey??
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

anxiousmom

Postby anxiousmom » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:59 pm

rlfroo,

I found all you wrote to be very moving! Thank you for taking these children in & loving them.

I always wanted to be a foster parent....ever since I was a child....and I would have been darn good at it!!! But, now I'll never be one due to CPS having been involved in my life.

Return to “Round Table”