very important question

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

justina78

very important question

Postby justina78 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:56 pm

i am now ready to leave my bf i am facing a hearing on whether my rights get terminated or not as a parent. My childrens foster parents keep talking to them about adopting them and telling them that they will never be able to visit us again after my mom has already started the process across state. Do i still have time to get them back if i leave I am in California does anyone know?

anxiousmom

Postby anxiousmom » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:53 am

Well, I would think leaving your BF would help in your getting your children back.

How long have they been in cps's care? Is the year coming up OR has it been 18 months? Or longer?

Have you done ALL of the other things on your safety plan?

Do you get unsupervised or supervised visits with the kids? How old are they?

What process is your mom doing? To foster them or adopt them?

Is your lawyer any good?

Why were they removed?

justina78

Postby justina78 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:51 pm

My attorney is a public defender he has told me that it wont help in getting my kids back unless my bf or i moved all the way across the country from each other. I have had other attorneys tell me that is a bunch of crap. I get supervised visits with my bf currently at the moment. We have only had 6 months of services they have refused to offer us more they say unless i leave him. They are in Cps care because my oldest daughter claimed he sexually molested her and is now denying it but they wont listen to her. We have both done everything in our safety plan except he didnt do the sex offender class because he would have to claim he is guilty and than go to prison.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:37 pm

Leaving your bf won't help bring your kids back. Because they will claim you had failed to protect your kids during "that time".

If you have an open case, and it is still ongoing, the case will follow to another state, but if the children stays in the current state, they will say you abandoned your children by moving to another state. You must notify that you are moving to another State or whatever, in writing. Tell that to your Lawyer to have everything in writing, so CPS won't use the moving against you. saying you abandoned your children and left.

Open case, ongoing, will follow where you are, but will make it very very difficult to get your children back because of state lines and red tapes. Harder to get them back. Best to stay in the same State where the Kids are. So you can get them back.

Closed file, closed case, CPS won't follow you to another State. Unless someone calls to the Hotline and it will start up again in a new State where you live.

If you leave your bf, stay in your state, waiting to get your kids back,is going to be harder, it won't help to get your kids, I don't think, but could be.

Make sure your Lawyer is working with them, to make sure they are not fooling ya. Get everything in writing from now on. If you leave your BF, then CPS will say good, but now they will change avenues, saying they have a problem with you also. It happened to other families. Talk to your Lawyer for other advises on what you can do to ensure your kids back.
Only way it is to go before the Courts and have it in writing.

It is just that I have seen other families leave their husbands/bf, and now CPS say it is their fault for not protecting the children at that time, (failure to protect) or other wild allegations they always and usually pin on the Mothers for not doing things right. I just happen to think once you leave your bf, then they will be looking at you next.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

justina78

Postby justina78 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:24 pm

i am not moving out of state just to a different town in the same county

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:09 pm

Then it is no problem.
Keep up the good Fight, and since you leave your Bf, my opinion, I don't think the CPS will return the kids back to you on that alone. I think they will find any other excuses to hold your kids hostages into their care, because they want to continue making money through your children, and hence, they will try and prolong the case longer than usual. It is called stalling. I would recommend to have everything in writing, and maybe try tape record the meetings if it is allowed in your State. Please check with taping laws under Survelliance boards just to be sure. When you talk to the Worker, have some witness with you, or your Lawyer, never hold meetings by yourself!!! have the meetings and get their notes copied after the meetings, so thisway you can have things in writing and filed for your files. Make them accountable for their own words.

Like I say, their own words will catch up to them. or many would call this "what goes around, comes back to you". It certainly does. every time. So use anything they say against them.

Like for instance, you say you will leave your bf, and your Worker knows that, then you say "let's put that in writing and sign this and that". or something like that, part of their promises to return your kids back to you, have that in writing. Never hold a verbal agreement alone. Always have the agreement in writing.

Just like you ask for your Rent Receipt when you pay your Rent. Ask for a Receipt when they say something. Get it in writing to acknowledge the conversations or an agreement. :wink:
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Return to “Round Table”